View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

0 0%
  • 2 - Easy

0 0%
  • 3 - Moderate

0 0%
  • 4 - Hard

7 70.00%
  • 5 - Very Hard

3 30.00%

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the 3D Dot Game Heroes forum, part of the 0-9; Thanks to antoniosbandana of the Banner Team for making this banner. This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

Thanks to antoniosbandana of the Banner Team for making this banner.

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.
    Last edited by antoniosbandana; 02-03-2012 at 01:24 PM.

PRO Member

4 - Hard

I voted Hard for this because well frankly, it is. The SP story was great and brought me back to the days of Dragon Warrier and Zelda. Good times.

There are no online trophies - which is a bonus, haha.
    The most difficult part about this is the minigames. They were painful to complete in the required time. Booking some of the monsters and bosses also proved to be a challenge and the Obtain all Swords was a pain as there are very specific requirements that must be completed at specific times between story based events.

Spelunker mode was hilarious if you actually read the dialogue and really wasn't all that difficult (except for the fire temple, which was annoying to start over every time you got touched).

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Hard.

This game isn't Very Hard as I'd save that type of rating for games with a level of difficulty and a massive time sink but it still posed many challenges. As the poster above me has stated the mini games will take a chunk of time to complete in the time frame given and the collections can be annoying if you didn't pay attention to the guide in the first place. Personally I like to play a game without looking at anything first and that meant I had to play an extra time.

With that said it is an enjoyable enough game that I didn't mind the multiple playthroughs necessary and would recommend anyone to give it a go, just make sure you take a look at a guide after your first time or else you may spend forever looking for those swords. Spelunker mode isn't nearly as difficult as people make it out to be if you take your time.

Platinum Procrastinator

I voted very hard because currently its my hardest plat to date. I wouldn't really factor time into the difficulty rating so I had to think about how much of a challenge this game presented. Getting all of the swords was a real pain, especially Dash Circuit.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I haven't got it yet, I'm on the way, I know what I need to do to get it, I don't think it's particularly hard, just time consuming. Except the mini games, they are a massive pain. It would be ball ache without a walkthrough as well I reckon.
    "Ah, the Internet. Where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents."

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I don't even need to have the Pletinum to realize that it is definitely the hardest one I ever tried to get. The minigames are extremely hard (but not cheap), and the spelunker mode is just unforgivable...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

While it was one of my hardest plats, I only rated it as hard. I upgraded all the main swords that I used, and adjusting to tactics, it wasn't as hard. I will say the final battle was very tough...but once you find the strategy to fight them, it is a breeze.

Looks like you need my help--Again...
    Games Beaten: 434 (As of March 7, 2014)

PRO Member

I imagine it was even harder when you couldn't keep your swords earned from small blocks, thus ensuring that you can't blast through spelunker mode with a fully upgraded giga sword. Fortunately that patch came out within a couple days of me getting the game. But it was still a solid 4 on your scale.
    Currently working on: Jak 3

Platinums (25): 3D Dot Game Heroes, de Blob 2, FIFA 14, FF XIII, FF XIII-2, inFAMOUS, Jak 1, Jak 2, LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Medieval Moves, ModNation Racers, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Racquet Sports, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Rayman Legends, Rayman Origins, Sly 1, Sly 2, Sly 3, Sports Champions, Sports Champions 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 12: The Masters, Trine 2, WipEout HD

Trophy Checklist

Trophy Guides:
    Racquet Sports

Resident PHD

I was going to vote 3 just because I didn't encounter that many problems beating it on From and Spelunker mode...then I started doing the minigames

I beat block defense pretty easily. I beat the first race pretty easily but then I got to the second race. First off I have to say PS3 controllers are very durable . Also I would like to say that anyone who did this pre-patch deserves a special Bad Ass gamer medal. I had a tough time getting 62.26 I can't even imagine trying to shave off another couple of seconds.

I can say that this is probably my hardest plat and it feels really good to have it

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE