The king is dead

This is a discussion on The king is dead within the Ace Combat: Assault Horizon forum, part of the A; Well 4 years in the making and we are presented with a well polished ball of dung. after suffering through ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

The king is dead

Well 4 years in the making and we are presented with a well polished ball of dung.
    after suffering through an incredibly cliched and BORING campaign I feel obligated as a fan of the franchise to comment on it.

there were no megalith moments, no true moments of memorable note.
    in fact the only moments that got my pulse pounding were badly scripted chase sequences.

ace combat was the king sadly to me it has been dethroned the crown lies vacant.

are there any contenders, any one to take the the throne.

as for multiplayer ive speant som time with it and it feels off id give this game a 6 out of 10 if i was reviewing it which im not.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

the campaign was incredibly uninspired.

the multiplayer seem to redeem it somewhat. Very solid multiplayer i think.

but the campaign was pretty terrible.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Ive played every Ace Combat game , & rented this ,only up to mission 4 ,but they dont even have the right to put Ace Combat in the title.

Its that bad yes & unlike any AC game ive played, the hand holding DFM is just that, you are pretty much forced to do it to complete the mission, no matter how many AA or LRAA missles you shoot that the enemy target somehow evades.Hell even Ace Combat Zero was more of an AC game than this.

AC 5-The Unsung War was the best, AC6 was pretty awesome too, Ace Combat Assault Horizen shouldnt even be called an Ace Combat game.

This game they really should have put a different title to it,it has disassociated itself so much from what Ace Combat has always been.

Platmate Ass Editor

i guess some people didn't get the memo that the producer sent out that this one is a remake with new ideas and that is why it's not titled 7

a real Ace Combat fan would've known and expected such things[/RC]

"The artist has a duty to seduce the ear and delight the spirit"
    You can't spell sarcasm without RC

"I am the lightning"

Did you .... ( _) ( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■) put on sunglasses?

TLT

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by redcell89 View Post
    i guess some people didn't get the memo that the producer sent out that this one is a remake with new ideas and that is why it's not titled 7

a real Ace Combat fan would've known and expected such things[/RC]
    yup i guess that memo got flushed down the toilet with this game.

maybe it should have been entitled ATTENTION: REAL ACE COMBAT FANS & i mighta kept it?
    too late.

you do know the king is dead? (title of thread)

Platmate Ass Editor

Quote Originally Posted by I_Nero_I View Post

maybe it should have been entitled ATTENTION: REAL ACE COMBAT FANS & i mighta kept it?
    too late.

the king is not dead, just wait and see, this series will remain at top whether people liked this one or not

"The artist has a duty to seduce the ear and delight the spirit"
    You can't spell sarcasm without RC

"I am the lightning"

Did you .... ( _) ( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■) put on sunglasses?

TLT

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by I_Nero_I View Post

too late.

Long live the king. It's not dead though. Like redcell89 said, it is now fairly common knowledge, as announced by the Executive Director Kazutoki Kono himself, that Assault Horizon is NOT Ace Combat 7. It has a completely different setup from all of the other games (CRA, Steel Carnage, etc.), and therefore, they did not call it 7. Whether a 7 is in the making or not is yet to be determined, but they have constantly said that this one is a "game-changer." People need to stop comparing it to the old Ace Combats, because it really isn't anything like the old Ace Combats. Which, again, has been said by Project Aces.

And there is a light in the tunnel (for those of you considering this to be a tunnel (like a tunnel mission, see whut I did thar? xD)): next week, Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy (a complete remake of AC2, by my understanding) is releasing, and it doesn't have everything that the console Assault Horizon has like DFM and ASM. It does have counter-maneuver. But what it definitely has is Strangereal. They're still making new games with Strangereal. Albeit, it's a remake, but I think a remake of AC2 is really cool after all the years it's been around. So Strangereal isn't forgotten, guys.

I do agree that this game was probably so much of a drastic change that Ace Combat probably shouldn't have been in the title, but compared to the other games releasing this year, I still believe Assault Horizon should be somewhere at the top of the list. And it's definitely still the king; find me an air combat game better than Ace Combat, and THEN I'll believe the title.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Honestly, the game was an experiment, one that (I assume) was geared toward using the new chase system and going for a more COD style story as opposed to a more fantasy/alternate-reality-with-super-mega-weapons. The chase system was, in my opinion, done very well. I've loved the ace games since 4, and I think the up close and personal sequences made the game very exciting, and if they incorporated it into a more ace combat type story, it would be very well received.

So in closing; not the best game, but I got my fighter jet fix.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

It wasn't great to be honest. The bit I really, really didn't appreciate was the hand-holding. They give you a DFM sequence to shoot down certain enemies where you can't possibly crash and you're just "going through the motions" until the game will finally let you shoot him down. That's not making it tough, that's just drawing the game out for no reason.

The other thing I didn't like was that they used our world for it. I liked the idea of fictional continents and all new countries. That way you could be in an air battle with an E767, EF-2000, MiG-29 and a F117 and it didn't feel "wrong" :p

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by killerkebab View Post
    It wasn't great to be honest. The bit I really, really didn't appreciate was the hand-holding. They give you a DFM sequence to shoot down certain enemies where you can't possibly crash and you're just "going through the motions" until the game will finally let you shoot him down. That's not making it tough, that's just drawing the game out for no reason.

The other thing I didn't like was that they used our world for it. I liked the idea of fictional continents and all new countries. That way you could be in an air battle with an E767, EF-2000, MiG-29 and a F117 and it didn't feel "wrong" :p
    I'm totally agree with you.You'r 100% good here that hat way you could be in an air battle with an E767, EF-2000, MiG-29 and a F117 and it didn't feel "wrong"...
    I agreed what's said above!!!
    overlap pool liners
    Last edited by Alessandro8100; 12-31-2012 at 02:11 AM.
    Alessandro
    "Everything is ok"