View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

1 4.76%
  • 2 - Easy

14 66.67%
  • 3 - Moderate

5 23.81%
  • 4 - Hard

1 4.76%
  • 5 - Very Hard

0 0%

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Alice: Madness Returns forum, part of the A; Thanks to antoniosbandana of the Banner Team for making this banner. This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

Thanks to antoniosbandana of the Banner Team for making this banner.

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.
    Last edited by antoniosbandana; 02-03-2012 at 02:35 PM.

Team Dingleberry

I voted for Easy, but it's probably somewhere between that and Moderate. Beating the game on Nightmare is a lot easier if you buy the DLC costumes. Defeating the Dollmaker without taking damage may take a few tries.

PRO Member

Easy

This game is pretty easy, very easy if you buy the DLC dresses. There aren't really any tough trophies. The collectible trophies can be a pain because they're time consuming, but they're not too hard to complete with a good guide. The Level Headed & Nightmare trophies can be glitched and achieved in 20mins. The Dollmaker trophy can easily be achieved using the auto Hysteria dress DLC. Overall, the toughest trophy in the game besides the collectibles is the Neighslayer trophy.

And the DLC is only $2.00. Buy the DLC and its and automatic plat. It's a pretty good game as well believe it or not. Will take around 15 hours to plat.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Easy to platinum and very fun to play, awesome game
    Annoying PS3T.com members since March 2010

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I found the game easy after buying the DLC (come on, it's only $2.00) and moderate before.

Nothing really hard, I just found it a little more annoying, but after buying the DLC dresses and weapons, it made the game a lot more fun to me.

The Caterpillar dress makes finding the collectables a lot easier to find, and it keeps the invisible platforms visible at all times, which I found a huge help.

I easily got the Neighslayer trophy, when you get to the drowned sailor that keeps re-spawning the slithering ruins until he is dead, and I used a fully upgraded hobby horse.

Overall, very fun game, and cool Platinum.

PRO Member

Easy

There's no trophies that require online play.There are trophies with the "American Mcgee" DLC.
    No missable trophies because of chapter select.There are collectible trophies but there not to hard to find especially if use guide.

I enjoyed the game and it's a easy platinum.

Sig and Avy made by djunglist
    My Trophy Checklist

A Vampire with a Soul

not bad platinum but some combat annoying requirement.

Lvl 4 - Silver

2. Easy The only real pain is the collectibles and with a guide it becomes a breeze. Fantastic game tho...I loved every minute of it.

Currently Working On- Borderlands 2 52% Resistance: Burning Skies 40%

PRO Member

The game is somewhere between easy and moderate. I had a ton of fun, and had to play the game twice through because I accidentally used hysteria twice. Playing through the second time on easy with everything upgraded was a lot of fun.

*insert Latin phrase*

Easy
    With the DLC, the difficulty aspect is a joke, making Nightmare a breeze. There's over 200 collectibles, but with a guide, easy. Plus, there's the thing where you can go to chapter select to the last boss and not use Hysteria for the . Overall, enjoyable plat, I'm sad I sold this, and will probably end up buying again.

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel! Vote on my Playstation Grandmasterpiece HERE!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Easy: The collectibles were a giant pain in the behind and this has got to be the most over-hyped piece of crap game I have ever played. Truly hated it!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

With a proper guide, the collectibles were easy to identify and collect.
    With the DLC, nightmare mode became so easy so I'm giving this an easy rating.
    Pretty fun game and satisfying platinum!

Lvl 4 - Silver

Easy. Collectibles are not overly well hidden, and chapter select makes it easy to collect any missed. Explioting the use of chapter select means that you practically only have to do one playthough. Defeating the Dollmaker without being hurt may be the most frustrating trophy of the lot.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The game itself was easy the dollmaker was a pain without getting killed the DLC for the orginal was a pain the graphics sucked and the controls for the movements were clunky at best

Resident PHD

Don't listen to the guy above this game was great. I voted Moderate because Nightmare wasn't impossible but was a bit of a challenge

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 6 - Silver

How can you all say it's easy if you're using the dlc to make it easier...? Without the dlc, it's as hard as shit. I caved and bought it (nowhere near completed it yet though) but without this dlc it would be very difficult.. imho.
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

An old-fashioned cowboy

Easy - With help from the DLC costumes of course. My only problem with the game is that there's too many collectibles. Seriously I stopped playing this game for nearly 4 months because the collectibles took all the fun out of the game for me.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Very easy. I see I'm the first to vote very easy but this is probably one of the fastest platinums I obtained so far. I didn't use the DLC costumes and thus didn't even consider them in my rating. The parts that would prove the most challenge are 1.) collectibles and 2.) nightmare playthrough. There is also the trophy to defeat the final boss without taking damage which might take a few tries but there are checkpoints throughout the fight which makes it really fair to accomplish as you don't have to replay more than the last 1-3 minutes if you fail a part. The collectibles are probably the easiest I ever experienced in a game which is a positive point as for the first time I could collect them without the help of a guide. If you walk everywhere you can and use shrinking frequently there isn't much you can miss. Nightmare can be a real challenge, but you're allowed to use it on a new game plus when you've maxed out all weapons and your health, and in addition you can use the costume that regains your health when you're shrinked, which can be even used during fights. I don't consider this a cheat as you unlock it during normal play. Also many fights you can trigger and then go back to a safe location. This I managed to do for some fights with the colossal ruins and the heavily armored samurai wasps . You can also defeat every enemy using a combination of the pepper gun and tea cannon, which means you never have to fight melee in new game plus. Also basically any attack can be easily avoided by jumping or the evasion button, the challenge in general is only to pay attention to all enemies simultaneously, so keep your distance and eliminate first the enemies that are quickest to defeat with your range weapons. This all leaves hardly any challenging fights on new game plus, but it was fun nevertheless.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I voted Easy.

The game is a breeze if you use the Nightmare glitch, unlocking all the Nightmare/Hysteria trophies in just 20 minutes!

After completeing your first playthrough on Easy... the glitch is ready to go.

One of the most amazing games i have ever played, the only hard part is defeating the last boss without getting hit, but there are checkpoints when you verse him making it so much easier.

Latest : #112 / RAYMAN: Origins [VITA]

Lvl 1 - Bronze

very easy and enjoyable plat