Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Is it really as bad as the reviews are saying?

This is a discussion on Is it really as bad as the reviews are saying? within the Aliens: Colonial Marines forum, part of the A; This game is gone from my list, This game not only looks bad, but it not enjoyable either...

The Deathly Rhythm

This game is gone from my list, This game not only looks bad, but it not enjoyable either
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Gaming since PONG !

ok just played it for about 3 hours..... Its not perfect but it isn't that bad ... AI needs some tuning... but so far i have enjoyed the shit out of it

Get bent...

Quote Originally Posted by stefanovich777 View Post
    I've been waiting 5 long fucking years for this game and what do I get? A diarrhea... However there are some good things about that game that I like which is the MP mode (It's fun if you are playing as Marine) and CE's content and also...

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

INTJ

its a piece of shit and is literally worse than alien resurrection.

disregard what i said in another thread earlier. i only read a simple spoiler sheet and didn't know how bad it was.

im glad i paid $36 rather than $60 for this shit

this game literally almost gave me a aneurysm because sega canceled a Obsidian RPG based in the aliens universe because they wanted to "carefully consider the type of [Aliens] game we want to release."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ob...-ready-to-ship

they thought this was a careful consideration.

and also because im a big aliens fan and this game is fucking CANON

ill let i have no mouth and i must scream sum up how much i hate this game.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Why couldnt gearbox of just kept working on borderlands 2 DLCs instead of this? they end up with two poor results instead.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Waystedyou View Post
    Why couldnt gearbox of just kept working on borderlands 2 DLCs instead of this? they end up with two poor results instead.
    gearbox is seriously a shit company with a few lucky hits.

for every one decent or better game they make, they have 5 shitty ones to fill the gap between them

honestly the last game i truly enjoyed from them was opposing force and blue shift.

and that was their first games ever.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by U.M.A._Mailman19 View Post
    Yes. There are even rumors going around that Gearbox didn't even work on the Singleplayer at all
    SEGA already made clear that was not true, Gearbox did worked on single player and multiplayer. other studios just gived some extra help, but gearbox was and is the primary developer.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorhead View Post
    If so, I'll be a sad panda. Was going to pick this up today....
    Ok let me put this clear, putting the ongoing bashing and hate and the fanboyism aside, this game isn't bad and isn't trash but isn't a wonder or great.

have flaws and have quallities, campaign is short but have up and downs. is generic and average, this said is in line with the current FPS's. MP is fun and addictive. if you can separate fanboyism and bashing from hate crusaders you'll see this is an ok game proly 6-7/10.

what is bad game? Brink,Postal 3.......... now compare those games with this one and give a thought about all the shit that is being said about this game.

KCCO!

After an evening of playing the game, I have to disagree with the mainstream outlets. Yet again, they've gone off the deep end, making it seem like this game is horrendous. Granted, it's definitely not GOTY material, but the game is actually pretty decent. The graphics aren't top-notch, but they're not atrocious. I think I had only a single 'glitch' per se where a dude was half-way in the wall. The story, so far, seems somewhat interesting. The MP is unique. Playing as the xenos takes some getting used to, but it isn't too bad.

INTJ

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    I lol'ed .

Lvl 3 - Bronze

iplayed thiss game for a hr before igot my misses to drive me back to game to trade it in for dead space 3 witch is by far the supior of the 2 iwas more disappointed than anything else mite give it anouther go when they release horde mode

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmanchan View Post
    After an evening of playing the game, I have to disagree with the mainstream outlets. Yet again, they've gone off the deep end, making it seem like this game is horrendous. Granted, it's definitely not GOTY material, but the game is actually pretty decent. The graphics aren't top-notch, but they're not atrocious. I think I had only a single 'glitch' per se where a dude was half-way in the wall. The story, so far, seems somewhat interesting. The MP is unique. Playing as the xenos takes some getting used to, but it isn't too bad.
    Agreed and spot on. Well said, sir!

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

Rangers F.C

Can't fucking believe this has happened again , pass me my nails
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

PRO Member

i've been waiting for mine to get shipped... but now i'm scared to play it when it finally arrives lol

PRO Member

Wow that is not Aliens at all, imagine casually walking by an alien, excuse me on a mission can't fight now, pathetic and Gearbox got some rep harm from this one

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by revbob666 View Post
    ok just played it for about 3 hours..... Its not perfect but it isn't that bad ... AI needs some tuning... but so far i have enjoyed the shit out of it
    I have to agree with you, everyone is saying it's so bad but I'm having fun with it, the online is decent alot less laggy than Blops 2 to be sure! Not saying it's a 10 but for someone who's a big Aliens fan it's fun.

PRO Member

Campaign isn't that impressive, but multiplayer is so much fun, I'm glad I got this game

People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
    I have to agree with you, everyone is saying it's so bad but I'm having fun with it, the online is decent alot less laggy than Blops 2 to be sure! Not saying it's a 10 but for someone who's a big Aliens fan it's fun.
    lol, Blops 2 MP was almost unplayable at release. At least the MP in A:CM works. Seriously, though, it's not bad. There's a fair (not overwhelming) amount of weaponry; the leveling isn't some ridiculous grind-fest; playing as a xeno is interesting, especially with the different combat types and styles. It definitely has some replay value. I don't see it as a game that'll still be strong at the end of 2013, but it'll be ok for a good month or two.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I don't usually go by reviews but I heard that they outsourced the game to Time Gate studios and when they got it back they didn't like what it was but Sega was threatening them so they polished it up and shipped it. In my eyes that's just wrong, if a game is unfinished or broken why do they feel the need to rush it, just delay the game until you can get it right. Because now they will sit back and ask how come our sales sucked? Well you released a mess of a game. I Haven't actually played the game yet so honestly I don't know how bad it is but I did cancel my pre-order of the collector's edition because I don't wanna drop $100 on something when Gearbox had little to do with but I was told they really "cared" about this and wanted to make the Aliens game everyone wanted. I just feel cheated as a customer and that's not cool. I'll wait til it drops in price.

Currently Working On- Borderlands 2 52% Resistance: Burning Skies 40%

WHO DAT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmanchan View Post
    i agree with u 100% this game isnt really that bad or that great but i am enjoying it........and u just have to love the sound of the pulse rifle and the smart gun!!!! yes it has some issues but im having fun with it and thats all the matters RIGHT????????

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast