Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Is it really as bad as the reviews are saying?

This is a discussion on Is it really as bad as the reviews are saying? within the Aliens: Colonial Marines forum, part of the A; Game does indeed have some issues and doesnt look very good but it still could be fun i will be ...

PRO Member

Game does indeed have some issues and doesnt look very good but it still could be fun i will be picking it up at a price drop witch wont be very long ill scoop it up for 20-30 bucks. Sounds resonable to me. I love the Alien movies to much to not pick this up and whoop some ass. my curiosity always gets the best of me lol.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by pRoViSiOn26 View Post
    I don't usually go by reviews but I heard that they outsourced the game to Time Gate studios and when they got it back they didn't like what it was but Sega was threatening them so they polished it up and shipped it. In my eyes that's just wrong, if a game is unfinished or broken why do they feel the need to rush it, just delay the game until you can get it right. Because now they will sit back and ask how come our sales sucked? Well you released a mess of a game. I Haven't actually played the game yet so honestly I don't know how bad it is but I did cancel my pre-order of the collector's edition because I don't wanna drop $100 on something when Gearbox had little to do with but I was told they really "cared" about this and wanted to make the Aliens game everyone wanted. I just feel cheated as a customer and that's not cool. I'll wait til it drops in price.
    So you hear something, and then you didn't actually play the game, and you feel cheated because... You didn't buy the game? You sir are not a customer, since you didn't buy shit.

People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer

Get bent...

I didn't want to waste the $60 on a game that might have turned out to be complete crap, so I just rented it from Redbox.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

INTJ

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I've actually been enjoying it... Granted it is not fantastic but it's not that bad either, I'd say rent it to be honest!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Ok let me put this clear, putting the ongoing bashing and hate and the fanboyism aside, this game isn't bad and isn't trash but isn't a wonder or great.

have flaws and have quallities, campaign is short but have up and downs. is generic and average, this said is in line with the current FPS's. MP is fun and addictive. if you can separate fanboyism and bashing from hate crusaders you'll see this is an ok game proly 6-7/10.

what is bad game? Brink,Postal 3.......... now compare those games with this one and give a thought about all the shit that is being said about this game.[/QUOTE]

HMM DUNO WAT HAPPEND THER, BUT THIS ^ ^ IS QUOTE FROM PREVIOUS PAGE

well ya see this guy is sorta right, it is "sorta" fun to play for the short time it goes for!, , but this is why its getting raped by the reviews, , ,

aliens is a mojor fanbase franchise, i know im a big supporter, in fact aliens r my favorite thing of all time!, so wen sumthing thats my favorite thing comes along and then u end up waiting 5 years for it, u do expect a little more, avp was a masterpiece compared to this, and we all know wat that was like (tho i really enjoyed its campaigns and multiplayr, wen u cld actualy get past the lobbies was not that bad either, way better finishers than this ect, smoother play even),
    so yes it is geting wat it deserves =trashed

lets look at it this way, visceral just bought out ther newy we all know im sure dead space 3 and the quality difference is outstanding, the thing is therve also done dead space 2 WHISLT this was being made, so visceral bring out 2 top quality games in the time they spent to do that , wen u look at it that sorta way it is ABSOLUTE TRASH!, but as this guy said, as a game ur not expecting much from its a touch of fun!!

FIRST TO PLAT IT TOO, , , OOH RAH!

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by nemec8 View Post
    FIRST TO PLAT IT TOO, , , OOH RAH!

False, look again

Lvl 3 - Bronze

mate hackers dont count u shld know that, if u think they do u shldnt b here!

Lvl 7 - Gold

Was waiting for this game ever since i saw the first trailer. Was a big fan of the aliens movies. But after seeing all the reviewes decided not to get it. Maybe when it drops to $10 will get it since due to the reviews many ppl wont buy and it will drop in price very fast

PRO Member

Playing as a Xeno is treat as fuck, I was raised on those movies and I'm enjoying the mp, I'm repeating myself but loving it

People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer

Rangers F.C

I got this game frome Lovefilm (thank fuck) and played about 3 hours and thought the combat sucked but the game was half decent and looked ok , then on my second sitting the game really showed me how terrible it really was , poor combat , terrible level design ,shocking characters and chat . I waited so long for this game and to be honest could not even finish the short singleplayer story . Whoever was in charge of this pile of shit and passed it as ready to sell should be lined up against a wall and shot . Do not buy this crap , even for 5 its not got enough in it to even be worth it at that price .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123