Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Aliens Colonial Marines False advertising

This is a discussion on Aliens Colonial Marines False advertising within the Aliens: Colonial Marines forum, part of the A; having got Dead Space 3 and Aliens: Colonial Marines roughly at the same time, when i switch between them it ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

having got Dead Space 3 and Aliens: Colonial Marines roughly at the same time, when i switch between them it feels like i'm traveling on time, on DS3 i'm on the present then i switch to A:CM and i'm rougly in 2004......... Present and Past, but......they're released just within days ^^

Lvl 3 - Bronze

^yup exactly!, yet aliens had double the time spent on it than dead space, , lmao go figure!

Lvl 8 - Gold

I found a cool comparison video.

Summary:
    Aliens: CM got beaten by a 3yo old game in every single aspect.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post

In any case, it looks like a HUUUUGE fuckup. No doubt the truth will bubble to the surface in the coming months.

the article i read that gave me a literal aneurysm

Obsidian: Aliens RPG was "ready to ship" News • News • Eurogamer.net

Urquhart explained how the Aliens RPG was played from the perspective of a Colonial Marine, whose ranks were broken into varying playable classes. Combat was turn-based and the mood was tense and jumpy. There was also apparently lots of gear to collect and tinker with.

Obsidian confirmed that work had halted on the Aliens RPG last summer. SEGA, the publisher, backed this, explaining that a step back was taken to "carefully consider the type of [Aliens] game we want to release".

PRO Member

As I try finish up the trophies, I have to say its been a disappointment all around. I preordered this game based on the strength of the Oct 12 demo. This was not the same game :-( I mean who defeats the Queen with a cargo delivery device when there are power loaders and smart guns to be had.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I'm a day or two away from platinum on this so I've done about all you can do with this game and have a pretty solid opinion of it. That being, I can honestly say, that, without a doubt, this is the biggest disappointment of 2013. And I don't expect anything to knock it off that mantle. 6 years in the making, nearly a lifetime of being a fan of the canon, and really promising pre-release videos & screenshots all led up to a big wet thud. I'm not saying this game doesn't have it's moments, but all things considered it could have and SHOULD HAVE been sooooooo much more. Just to give you an example of how disappointing I found this, I still have 2010's AvP still sitting on my shelf because I enjoyed it so much regardless of it's flaws. ALIENS : Colonial Marines will promptly be getting sold or traded in when I plat it.

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by stefanovich777 View Post
    I found a cool comparison video.
    Summary:
    Aliens: CM got beaten by a 3yo old game in every single aspect.
    Until you actually play the games, nothing against this video, but AvP didn't really look any better than A:CM when you lift up the skirt and A:CM has significantly improved gameplay.

Anyone who has played AvP3 understands what I mean... Melee is awkward, the shooting mechanics are the same as they were in the 1999 AvP, the sound is muted, and the story isn't any more interesting or better written.

A:CM's MP is atleast playable, the AvP game was released with a broken MP system, matchmaking needed a day 1 patch and it never really worked well on the consoles (and based on my understanding nobody on the PC played it really).

At this point, as pathetic as it sounds, I'd really just prefer a true next generation remake of AvP2, its far and away the best Aliens and Predator game.

I'd also like if the Oblivion game gets a revival and actually gets released... As I've always enjoyed alternative takes on Aliens that isn't FPS, and some of the concept art in that game makes me weep for what could have been.

That or the game that Gearbox was supposed to give us... Heck I'd like one good game rather than 2 disappointments (and yes, Borderlands 2 was a disappointment).
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

INTJ

Report: Sega acknowledges misleading Aliens: - Video Game News, Videos and File Downloads for PC and Console Games at Shacknews.com

Following the poor reception of Aliens: Colonial Marines and the resulting backlash against Gearbox and Sega, the European Advertising Standards Authority stepped in. In response to a complaint lodged against the company, the ASA contacted Sega and received a response admitting the ads did not represent the finished product, and agreeing to add a new disclaimer to them.

A letter from the ASA (via Videogamer) says Sega claims it was unaware of quality of the final product as of the time that the trailers were produced. However, the company "acknowledged your objection that the trailers did not accurately reflect the final content of the game." As a result, the company agreed to add a new disclaimer on the Web site and YouTube videos explaining that the trailers are from demo versions.

"Our role in cases such as this is to ensure that marketing material isn't likely to materially mislead the public," the letter states. "We consider that with this disclaimer in place, customers are unlikely to get the impression that the trailer shows the finished product, and the ads are therefore unlikely to mislead."

The letter also says that the complaint will be upheld informally, with a notice on its Web site added on March 27
    i'm right

again.

Rangers F.C

Yeah , fuck Sega they are doing this to save face . I see they are still trying to get full price on PSN 49.99 , if they were that sorry the price would be drastically slashed . Some poor souls who don't use sites like this will pay asking price for this piece of shit , it does have the Aliens brand on it which should show that its a quality product .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

The only sane person here

INTJ

gearbox is the obvious culprit.

SEGA had to stick with it in the final months because they knew they were fucked anyway. SEGA was lied to till then.

illegal in 9 countries

The disclaimer isn't good enough, it's still misleading advertising. Gamers expect a demo to be an inferior beta version of a completed game. In this case it's clearly not, so stating "demo footage, may not represent final product" is still misleading as the demo is essentially a different game completely.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    they do this in movies as well, sometimes stuff in trailers doesnt make it into the final product, nothing different here, calm yourself down
    the trailer for A Good Day To Die Hard was like this as well, half the trailer wasnt in the movie, or was in a scene that was in the movie but that specific part of the scene was removed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12