View Poll Results: "How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?"

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Easy

0 0%
  • Easy

3 42.86%
  • Moderate

4 57.14%
  • Hard

0 0%
  • Very Hard

0 0%

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Amazing Spider-Man, The forum, part of the A; Thanks to bmj14772 of the Banner Team for making this banner. This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread ...

The Incredible Marccap

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

Thanks to bmj14772 of the Banner Team for making this banner.

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.
    Last edited by Marccap; 07-09-2012 at 10:42 AM.

Add Me on PSN - Marccap

Lvl 4 - Silver

Overall, the Platinum trophy is easy to get, since there are no missable stuffs in the game because there is a Chapter Select option. All trophies are easy to get, depending on your playing skills, except a few time-consuming trophies such as the 'On The Fly' trophy, which requires you to collect 700 comic pages in free roaming. It is advisable to play the game in Super Hero difficulty from the start to reduce number of playthroughs.

Harvester of Souls

Easy platinum. Hard playthrough gives all difficulty trophies. Mostly story related.. and several collectibles. Everything mostly is marked on map too.. or becomes marked.

Hard playthrough trouble. Run from everything. dodge and web-escape leads you to infinite dodging and your heath will recover. Lots of QTE inside fights that make it easy as well.

Collectibles are not that bad either. Just time consuming but are easy to find as well. The comic pages are scary at first, but after you collect so many, they are marked too.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Lvl 7 - Gold

I voted moderate on this one simply because the hard mode has a couple of tricky spots and the collectables do take some time to go back and get. Overall I thought it was a great game and worth the effort for sure.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Moderate, very easy all together even if you start on hard from the beginning. Unlocking all the artwork for the 100% completion was a bit of a hassle. One or 2 artwork missing and it can be hard to figure out what photograph you must hunt for...

PRO Member

3 - Moderate

I voted moderate due to the difficulty in boss fights and the time needed for the collectibles. I had trouble figuring out what the hell I was supposed to do to defeat a few of the bosses. Once you know what to do, it's not bad but, the learning process is painful, haha. I started right out on Hard so i'm not sure how it correlated to the other difficulty levels. Hard was not too bad; you have to utilize your stealth takedowns and web escape though. If you blindly jump into battle without thinning the herd, you're dead. There were a ton of side missions that all need to be completed as well as 700 comic pages scattered throughout the city for collecting. The gameplay was fantastic and this is probably my favorite Spider-Man game so far. I would highly recommend this one.