Galaxy S2 And Note ICS update out in march

This is a discussion on Galaxy S2 And Note ICS update out in march within the Android forum, part of the PC; Samsung Galaxy S2 & Note Android 4.0 ICS Update Rolls Out In March The Samsung Galaxy S2 and Galaxy Note ...

INTJ

Galaxy S2 And Note ICS update out in march

Samsung Galaxy S2 & Note Android 4.0 ICS Update Rolls Out In March

The Samsung Galaxy S2 and Galaxy Note are currently the star Samsung Android devices that are yet to get bumped up to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich like their sibling the Galaxy Nexus. Well there's some good news for owners of either one of these devices as an update is now very close.

[top]Samsung Galaxy S2 & Galaxy Note Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update in Q1-end

TheMobileIndian reports that the official Samsung Norway Facebook page has stated that they plan to roll out Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich for both the Samsung Galaxy S2 and Galaxy Note before we reach the end of Q1 2012. Now of course, this doesn't necessarily mean that we here in the US will get it in March as we will need to allocate some time for the US carriers to prep their versions (stick in the bloatware and other tweaks).

Now while Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich will be rolled out to both devices, there are no guarantees that all features of ICS will remain intact e.g. Face Unlock and Android Beam. So we'll need to wait till we get closer to the rollout date to find out more details.
    On a side note, the Samsung Galaxy S3 is rumored to debut around the same time so we won't be surprised if it comes with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich preloaded.

Burned out...

I will be flashing the leaked final build in the end of February before March!

New ICS for the Galaxy S II. (I9100XXLPB) | SamMobile

Avatar & Signature made by dsluckay / GDT bar by djunglist / PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

INTJ

does that work on the US AT&T version?

Burned out...

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    does that work on the US AT&T version?
    Nope, that's for the unlocked international version GT-i9100 only!

Avatar & Signature made by dsluckay / GDT bar by djunglist / PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

INTJ

anger and rage

Burned out...

Man, its not worth it bro, its way to buggy! I uninstalled and been waiting for a while now!

INTJ

then it isn't the final build then.

samsung isn't known for bugginess

Lvl 1 - Bronze

There are already many unofficial ICS versions for Samsung Galaxy S2 but I better wait for official release before updating.
    I really much look forward to this update because recently I played with Galaxy Nexus and found ICS very smooth compared to Gingerbread or any other Android build
    http://ubuntulife.net/android-4-1-je...for-galaxy-s3/
    Last edited by ledlauzis; 07-03-2012 at 02:36 AM.
    Whether you think you can or can't, either way you're right