Angry Birds: Space

This is a discussion on Angry Birds: Space within the Android forum, part of the PC; looks fun, they took the ripped off gameplay from angry birds (How to make a successful ios game, just rip ...

INTJ

Angry Birds: Space

looks fun, they took the ripped off gameplay from angry birds (How to make a successful ios game, just rip off armor games's flash games) and actually added new stuff to it (using Gravity to your advantage).

Kid, not loser

Looks fun. Hope its free for android.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    ooks fun, they took the ripped off gameplay from angry birds (How to make a successful ios game, just rip off armor games's flash games) and actually added new stuff to it (using Gravity to your advantage).
    Serious question - which Armor Games' game did Rovio rip off to create Angry Birds?

I dig Kingdom Rush, it's one of my fave TD games. It was released on iOS a few months ago and is consistently in the top 10 sales charts. Any other Armor Games titles worth porting from Flash to iOS / Android?

No doubt, Angry Birds Space will shoot straight to the #1 slot. The franchise is a licence to print money.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Serious question - which Armor Games' game did Rovio rip off to create Angry Birds?

I dig Kingdom Rush, it's one of my fave TD games. It was released on iOS a few months ago and is consistently in the top 10 sales charts. Any other Armor Games titles worth porting from Flash to iOS / Android?

No doubt, Angry Birds Space will shoot straight to the #1 slot. The franchise is a licence to print money.
    they are also opening angry bird stores in the united states

angry

bird

stores

with nothing but angry bird shit

also let me google a bit, i forgot the name of the game

edit:

http://armorgames.com/play/3614/crush-the-castle

Created April 28th 2009.

Angry Birds came out December 11th 2009.
    Last edited by Ps360; 03-09-2012 at 01:40 AM.

illegal in 9 countries

There's a definite similarity, but Angry Birds is less of a rip-off of Crush The Castle than Torchlight or Sacred is a rip-off of Diablo, or Call of Duty is a rip-off of Medal of Honor.

I believe the correct industry term is "inspired by...". There's a definite Monty Python and the Holy Grail inspiration going on in Crush The Castle

In any case, you have a valid argument, but Angry Birds succeeded by making a slick, marketable, challenging product in comparison to Crush The Castle's simplistic gameplay (I just played the first 20 or so levels).

The Space theme and gravity adds an interesting twist to the formula.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

LOL, i love this game!!!!!
    Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action.
    playstation 3 controller

INTJ

Samsung Galaxy Owners get exclusive stuff.

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    Looks fun. Hope its free for android.
    Same. I'm going to get this when I get the chance.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist back in contruction!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop with knuckle and Bladia, currently taking requests!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

illegal in 9 countries

Samsung paid Rovio a gazilllion bucks so Galaxy Owners get exclusive stuff.
    Fixed that for you.

Angry Birds is big enough to sell phones on its own, so it makes sense for Samsung to throw significant money at Rovio for some exclusivity. The same full game will be available on iOS, they just don't get a full "free" version.

The only reason Angry Birds is free on Android is it's ad-supported. There's not a great deal of competition at the pointy end of the Android Market sales charts (most mobile devs make 95% of their dough in the iOS App Store), so Rovio makes good coin from the ads by marketing it as "free on Android", which means that every man and his dog has it installed. They're also double-dipping with their partnership with Samsung, so it's win-win-win for Rovio, Android OS phones and Android owners.

But Rovio will still make the most significant portion of their income from iOS, where's it's the highest selling app of all time from over 25 billion app store downloads, with Angry Birds Seasons and Angry Birds Rio not far behind. Think about that for a sec...how many units have they sold on iOS? It boggles the mind to think Rovio and it's publishing partners have made hundreds of millions from a casual mobile game.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 03-10-2012 at 11:06 PM.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    well duh, angry birds space is constantly advertised along with the samsung galaxy note

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

cool. seems like a buck well spent

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Lvl 4 - Silver

I'll check it out, lost interest with the other ones months ago

LLWS 2010|The Price is Right : Decades|Trine 2|Rock Band 2|Monopoly Streets|Assassins Creed 2|NFS Shift|Family Game Night & 3|Dante's Inferno|Sonic Generations|Madden 10&11|Little Big Planet|Arkham Asylum|Toy Story 3|Heavy Rain|Infamous| Fallout 3|Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands|GoW 1,2,3 & Origins Collection|Borderlands|CoD W@W|Mw2|Sly 1&2|Sonic's Genesis Collection|Jak: Precursor Legacy

INTJ

well heres how rovio celebrated the launch

Lvl 4 - Silver

Samsung Galaxy Owners get exclusive stuff.
    If only that exclusive stuff was lag, crashing and fragmentation but sadly all android phones have that

BTW I am getting sick of angry birds, i would rather play batman arkham city lockdown or infinity blade dungeons on a good phone

Its plugged into the wall

Quote Originally Posted by ApplePope View Post
    If only that exclusive stuff was lag, crashing and fragmentation but sadly all android phones have that

BTW I am getting sick of angry birds, i would rather play batman arkham city lockdown or infinity blade dungeons on a good phone
    Good sir, I find you very annoying. Not only do just mindlessly insult, people that disagrees with you, you also insults Apples fanbase without even realizing it, and as an Android and a Mac user I find your statements very biased and inaccurate.

Here is a secret for you, I didn't originally think you could handle the shock, but now I think you're ready. Nobody cares about your posts! It may sounds harsh, but if you actually could think further, than just the companies name, you may get respected a lot more, but you constantly bash Android phones without any reason or facts behind your statements. Android phones crash a lot? I've had a Sony Ericsson Xperia Play for about 7 months, and do you know how many times it's crashed on me? ZERO! Am I saying you should stop posting? No, but unless you take off those blinkers of yours and look at situation less biased, than you're doing now, people are not gonna agree with you.

On subject though, I really like what they're doing here. I personally there was no reason to make Angry Birds: Rio, since it was just Angry Birds again in a different setting and slightly different levels. This game, however, is giving a whole new perspective to the Angry Birds franchise.
    By the way, if this is what astronauts are really doing in space, then where can I sign in?

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

I'm the Oogie Boogie Man

Quote Originally Posted by ApplePope View Post

Are you like Baby Steve Jobs? You hate Android. HATE it. Cool off bro.

I enjoy Angry Birds Space. It feels like a true sequel, and I love the new gravity features. Fun stuff.

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    On subject though, I really like what they're doing here. I personally there was no reason to make Angry Birds: Rio, since it was just Angry Birds again in a different setting and slightly different levels. This game, however, is giving a whole new perspective to the Angry Birds franchise.
    By the way, if this is what astronauts are really doing in space, then where can I sign in?
    Angry Birds Seasons and Rio were released as self-published games by Rovio, the latter obviously with some sponsorship behind it.

Simply put, no revenue-share with publisher Chillingo = m0ar profit. It was a clever move to limit the publishing licence to just one game rather than hand over or share the IP.

Space is fun. I'm liking the gravity mechanics.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 03-25-2012 at 08:27 AM.