Results 1 to 18 of 18

Jelly Bean's voice search Vs Siri

This is a discussion on Jelly Bean's voice search Vs Siri within the Android forum, part of the PC; neato...

  1. #1
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    11,486
    Reputation
    296

    Jelly Bean's voice search Vs Siri




    neato



  2. #2
    Get bent...
    Tyrion619's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    931
    Reputation
    75

    Looks to me like Siri is still better. Oh, wait...half a second too slow? Oh no! Whatever shall I do?

    A blowout win for Google? That ****** should go look up the definition of blowout.

  3. #3
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    11,486
    Reputation
    296

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-In-A-Tree View Post
    Looks to me like Siri is still better. Oh, wait...half a second too slow? Oh no! Whatever shall I do?

    A blowout win for Google? That ****** should go look up the definition of blowout.
    google came up with more information in a shorter time.


    like how siri was like "WELL THE WEATHER IS GOOD TODAY EVEN THOUGH I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT YOUR OPINIONS ON WEATHER, OH YEA HERE's THE REPORT" and google now is like "it's 18 degrees in this town, it's sunny, done."


    Not to mention siri takes at least 10-15 more seconds longer to see pictures of dogs, and siri adds all this fucking clutter and stupid crap around the answer your trying to get ("Kobe Bryant is 6' 6", also he's part of the lakers and here's a bunch of numbers you can give less a shit about")


    stay mad.



  4. #4
    Get bent...
    Tyrion619's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    931
    Reputation
    75

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    google came up with more information in a shorter time.


    like how siri was like "WELL THE WEATHER IS GOOD TODAY EVEN THOUGH I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT YOUR OPINIONS ON WEATHER, OH YEA HERE's THE REPORT" and google now is like "it's 18 degrees in this town, it's sunny, done."


    Not to mention siri takes at least 10-15 more seconds longer to see pictures of dogs, and siri adds all this fucking clutter and stupid crap around the answer your trying to get ("Kobe Bryant is 6' 6", also he's part of the lakers and here's a bunch of numbers you can give less a shit about")


    stay mad.
    Is just a few seconds that important for you? Really? That's all you got? Wow. Your hatred for Apple apparently knows no bounds.

    Plus, the idiot doing the comparison was a little slow on responding to Siri when looking for the dog picks.

    On top of that, when setting a reminder, the Google version makes you have to interact with the touch screen. What's the fucking point of having the voice controls then? Defeats the purpose.

    It gave Kobe Bryant's stats because people who are looking up info on him are more likely to actually have an interest in that sort of thing. Just because you wouldn't know what a basketball was if it smacked you in your vagina.

    In closing...you failed. Try again.

  5. #5
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    11,486
    Reputation
    296

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-In-A-Tree View Post
    Is just a few seconds that important for you?
    A Few Seconds can be vital depending on what you need at the moment.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-In-A-Tree View Post
    On top of that, when setting a reminder, the Google version makes you have to interact with the touch screen. What's the fucking point of having the voice controls then? Defeats the purpose.

    if you notice, it already set the alarm, thats just the editing screen for it.





    It gave Kobe Bryant's stats because people who are looking up info on him are more likely to actually have an interest in that sort of thing. Just because you wouldn't know what a basketball was if it smacked you in your vagina.
    What if i only want to know his height and thats it? Apple fills it with unnecessary shit. If i want it i will ask for it.



    stay mad



  6. #6
    Get bent...
    Tyrion619's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    931
    Reputation
    75

    Grasping at straws there aren't ya?

    Nitpicking about stupid shit that doesn't matter in the slightest to 90% of users out there.

    Try harder.

  7. #7
    Kid, not loser
    Kid_Loser's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,494
    Reputation
    79

    JB is definitely better imo. Not only is it just a little faster but the voice is much clearer and sounds more human. Siri's voice is much more robotic and I see it more annoying than anything else.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-In-A-Tree View Post
    Looks to me like Siri is still better. Oh, wait...half a second too slow? Oh no! Whatever shall I do?

    A blowout win for Google? That ****** should go look up the definition of blowout.
    Actually bro you need to go look up blowout. In terms of the video Siri lost EVERY single test compared to JB. That is a blowout.

    Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

  8. #8
    Change is good
    Luckay's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,502
    Reputation
    420

    I think Ps360 won that argument. Google seems better than Siri just from this video. Faster responses, a clearer voice, and it actually gives you the info you asked for. With Siri, you get more information that is only semi-related to the question, a slower response, and a robotic voice. Of course Jelly Bean wins this one.

  9. #9
    One
    One is offline
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    One's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Toronto.
    Posts
    435
    Reputation
    46

    Neato.

    Don't care though, LOL.

    "Oh, so you think that the darkness is your ally? You merely adopted it, I was born in it."

  10. #10
    Get bent...
    Tyrion619's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    931
    Reputation
    75

    Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    I think Ps360 won that argument.
    Nope.

    You get the info you asked for with Siri as well. The responses were only a second or two faster on Jellybean. Not enough for me to go "OMG I must switch to Jellybean NOW!!!". The extra stats given when asked Kobe's height are really irrelevant as it gave you the answer you were looking for anyway.

    To reiterate:

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-In-A-Tree View Post
    Grasping at straws there aren't ya?

    Nitpicking about stupid shit that doesn't matter in the slightest to 90% of users out there.

    Try harder.

  11. #11
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    11,486
    Reputation
    296

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-In-A-Tree View Post
    The extra stats given when asked Kobe's height are really irrelevant as it gave you the answer you were looking for anyway.

    then why give me the fucking extra shit



    i thought apple was mr.im-a-hipster-minimalist



    i am sure 5012% of users care about these things (also 85% of all statistics are made up to make me look intelligent!)

    just because you don't care doesn't mean a majority doesn't either.



    stay mad



  12. #12
    Get bent...
    Tyrion619's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    931
    Reputation
    75

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    then why give me the fucking extra shit



    i thought apple was mr.im-a-hipster-minimalist



    i am sure 5012% of users care about these things (also 85% of all statistics are made up to make me look intelligent!)

    just because you don't care doesn't mean a majority doesn't either.



    stay mad
    Who's mad now?

    Like I said....

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-In-A-Tree View Post
    Nitpicking about stupid shit that doesn't matter in the slightest to 90% of users out there.
    Stay mad.

  13. #13
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    11,486
    Reputation
    296

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-In-A-Tree View Post
    Who's mad now?

    Like I said....



    Stay mad.

    just dodge my last sentences there.



  14. #14
    Get bent...
    Tyrion619's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    931
    Reputation
    75

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    just dodge my last sentences there.
    This coming from someone who always picks and chooses what they respond to and dodges sentences all the fucking time.

    Besides...you're argument is invalid.

    Hypocrite.

  15. #15
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    11,486
    Reputation
    296

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-In-A-Tree View Post
    This coming from someone who always picks and chooses what they respond to and dodges sentences all the fucking time.
    because i don't have a response to those answers.


    you just said the same thing after i said it was wrong.



  16. #16
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    11,486
    Reputation
    296

    please defend this


    (go to 3:14)





  17. #17
    Get bent...
    Tyrion619's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    931
    Reputation
    75

    More bullshit.

    I laugh at this because I asked my iPhone the same questions and got all the proper responses except for the dentist appointment in 2 years. For some reason, my iPhone said it couldn't make an appointment that far in the future. Hmm. But of course, you'll find a way to fault that too.

    On top of all that, if people are still believing that Jellybean is better than Siri, then wait for iOS 6.

  18. #18
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    11,486
    Reputation
    296

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-In-A-Tree View Post
    More bullshit.

    I laugh at this because I asked my iPhone the same questions and got all the proper responses except for the dentist appointment in 2 years. For some reason, my iPhone said it couldn't make an appointment that far in the future. Hmm. But of course, you'll find a way to fault that too.

    "I won't show evidence, but my iphone did it correctly! Also my iphone can't plan appointments like android can"



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:05 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO