Jelly Bean's voice search Vs Siri

This is a discussion on Jelly Bean's voice search Vs Siri within the Android forum, part of the PC; neato...

INTJ

Jelly Bean's voice search Vs Siri

neato

Get bent...

Looks to me like Siri is still better. Oh, wait...half a second too slow? Oh no! Whatever shall I do?

A blowout win for Google? That ****** should go look up the definition of blowout.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-In-A-Tree View Post
    Looks to me like Siri is still better. Oh, wait...half a second too slow? Oh no! Whatever shall I do?

A blowout win for Google? That ****** should go look up the definition of blowout.
    google came up with more information in a shorter time.

like how siri was like "WELL THE WEATHER IS GOOD TODAY EVEN THOUGH I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT YOUR OPINIONS ON WEATHER, OH YEA HERE's THE REPORT" and google now is like "it's 18 degrees in this town, it's sunny, done."

Not to mention siri takes at least 10-15 more seconds longer to see pictures of dogs, and siri adds all this fucking clutter and stupid crap around the answer your trying to get ("Kobe Bryant is 6' 6", also he's part of the lakers and here's a bunch of numbers you can give less a shit about")

stay mad.

Get bent...

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    google came up with more information in a shorter time.

like how siri was like "WELL THE WEATHER IS GOOD TODAY EVEN THOUGH I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT YOUR OPINIONS ON WEATHER, OH YEA HERE's THE REPORT" and google now is like "it's 18 degrees in this town, it's sunny, done."

Not to mention siri takes at least 10-15 more seconds longer to see pictures of dogs, and siri adds all this fucking clutter and stupid crap around the answer your trying to get ("Kobe Bryant is 6' 6", also he's part of the lakers and here's a bunch of numbers you can give less a shit about")

stay mad.
    Is just a few seconds that important for you? Really? That's all you got? Wow. Your hatred for Apple apparently knows no bounds.

Plus, the idiot doing the comparison was a little slow on responding to Siri when looking for the dog picks.

On top of that, when setting a reminder, the Google version makes you have to interact with the touch screen. What's the fucking point of having the voice controls then? Defeats the purpose.

It gave Kobe Bryant's stats because people who are looking up info on him are more likely to actually have an interest in that sort of thing. Just because you wouldn't know what a basketball was if it smacked you in your vagina.

In closing...you failed. Try again.

INTJ

Is just a few seconds that important for you?
    A Few Seconds can be vital depending on what you need at the moment.

On top of that, when setting a reminder, the Google version makes you have to interact with the touch screen. What's the fucking point of having the voice controls then? Defeats the purpose.

if you notice, it already set the alarm, thats just the editing screen for it.

It gave Kobe Bryant's stats because people who are looking up info on him are more likely to actually have an interest in that sort of thing. Just because you wouldn't know what a basketball was if it smacked you in your vagina.
    What if i only want to know his height and thats it? Apple fills it with unnecessary shit. If i want it i will ask for it.

stay mad

Get bent...

Grasping at straws there aren't ya?

Nitpicking about stupid shit that doesn't matter in the slightest to 90% of users out there.

Try harder.

Kid, not loser

JB is definitely better imo. Not only is it just a little faster but the voice is much clearer and sounds more human. Siri's voice is much more robotic and I see it more annoying than anything else.

Actually bro you need to go look up blowout. In terms of the video Siri lost EVERY single test compared to JB. That is a blowout.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Change is good

I think Ps360 won that argument. Google seems better than Siri just from this video. Faster responses, a clearer voice, and it actually gives you the info you asked for. With Siri, you get more information that is only semi-related to the question, a slower response, and a robotic voice. Of course Jelly Bean wins this one.

One
    Lvl 6 - Silver

Neato.

Don't care though, LOL.

"Oh, so you think that the darkness is your ally? You merely adopted it, I was born in it."

Get bent...

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    I think Ps360 won that argument.
    Nope.

You get the info you asked for with Siri as well. The responses were only a second or two faster on Jellybean. Not enough for me to go "OMG I must switch to Jellybean NOW!!!". The extra stats given when asked Kobe's height are really irrelevant as it gave you the answer you were looking for anyway.

To reiterate:

Grasping at straws there aren't ya?

Nitpicking about stupid shit that doesn't matter in the slightest to 90% of users out there.

Try harder.

INTJ

The extra stats given when asked Kobe's height are really irrelevant as it gave you the answer you were looking for anyway.

then why give me the fucking extra shit

i thought apple was mr.im-a-hipster-minimalist

i am sure 5012% of users care about these things (also 85% of all statistics are made up to make me look intelligent!)

just because you don't care doesn't mean a majority doesn't either.

stay mad

Get bent...

then why give me the fucking extra shit

i thought apple was mr.im-a-hipster-minimalist

i am sure 5012% of users care about these things (also 85% of all statistics are made up to make me look intelligent!)

just because you don't care doesn't mean a majority doesn't either.

stay mad
    Who's mad now?

Like I said....

Stay mad.

INTJ

Who's mad now?

Like I said....

Stay mad.

just dodge my last sentences there.

Get bent...

just dodge my last sentences there.
    This coming from someone who always picks and chooses what they respond to and dodges sentences all the fucking time.

Besides...you're argument is invalid.

Hypocrite.

INTJ

This coming from someone who always picks and chooses what they respond to and dodges sentences all the fucking time.
    because i don't have a response to those answers.

you just said the same thing after i said it was wrong.

INTJ

please defend this

(go to 3:14)

Get bent...

More bullshit.

I laugh at this because I asked my iPhone the same questions and got all the proper responses except for the dentist appointment in 2 years. For some reason, my iPhone said it couldn't make an appointment that far in the future. Hmm. But of course, you'll find a way to fault that too.

On top of all that, if people are still believing that Jellybean is better than Siri, then wait for iOS 6.

INTJ

More bullshit.

I laugh at this because I asked my iPhone the same questions and got all the proper responses except for the dentist appointment in 2 years. For some reason, my iPhone said it couldn't make an appointment that far in the future. Hmm. But of course, you'll find a way to fault that too.

"I won't show evidence, but my iphone did it correctly! Also my iphone can't plan appointments like android can"