China Makes PS Vita Android Knockoff, Has HDMI-Out, Mini-usb, MicroSD, and tons of emulators

This is a discussion on China Makes PS Vita Android Knockoff, Has HDMI-Out, Mini-usb, MicroSD, and tons of emulators within the Android forum, part of the PC; Introducing Droid X360, A PS Vita Knockoff Running Android ICS (video) M.I.C. Gadget Behold, the world’s most badass named ...

INTJ

China Makes PS Vita Android Knockoff, Has HDMI-Out, Mini-usb, MicroSD, and tons of emulators

Introducing Droid X360, A PS Vita Knockoff Running Android ICS (video) M.I.C. Gadget

Behold, the world’s most badass named product: Droid X360. It is a PS Vita knockoff that runs Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. And it has one powerful feature that the original PS Vita doesn’t have. It has 9 different kinds of built-in emulators for the classic arcade games, Nintendo 64, Sony PlayStation, Game Boy Advance, Game boy Color, NES/FC, SNES, SEGA Mega Drive and SEGA Game Gear.

Apparently a Chinese company has released a new device called Droid X360 that looks an awful lot like the PS Vita. The Droid X360 comes with Android 4.0.4 installed, a 1.5GHz processor (not sure if it’s a dual core), 512MB of RAM, 8GB of onboard storage, a 5-inch capacitive touchscreen display (800 x 480), HDMI-out, a microSD slot (support up to 32GB), a mini USB port, 2800 mAh battery, a rear 2-megapixel camera and a front 0.3-megapixel shooter. And it includes two analog sticks!

For those of you who are interested with this device, unfortunately, price is still an unknown at the moment.

at least it has games and a non-shitty proprietary memory card format . not to mention a HDMI out, Onboard HDD Space, Can Run all the PSOne Titles (along with a bunch of sega, nintendo consoles too) , and a Open source OS so i can put whatever i want on it.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    a knockoff is better than the thing that it knocks off.
    You mean like the Samsung Galaxy...

Blatant rip-off design-wise of the Vita. Expect Sony to respond.

Nice feature-set however and it'll be interesting to see how many Android games / apps support the controls. Then again, this device is clearly targeting pirates via emulation and those games will work. Arrggghh.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

The only sane person here

inb4 the damn thing explodes

Lvl 8 - Gold

so basically you believe people shouldnt be able to profit for making games.

Platinum Dohvakiin

Well if anybody is going to blatantly rip off another person/company's design and/or idea. It's going to be China. The other sad part is. The fact that China made it probably means, it's going to be a pos. Despite all the things it can do. It wont work worth a damn. Because China is also known for making the cheapest knock offs around. Ask Bentley and RR. China made perfect replica of their cars. And sells them. Despite the fact that. They are moving death traps.
    China is going to hack, crack and flat out steal any and every idea in the free world. And most of the time. You're just better off buying the real thing. Because quality products in knock offs, is non translatable in Mandarin.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:
    Yakuza: Dead Souls & Dynasty Warriors 7

Ice Cream Firefighter

China they will always find a way to make something cheaper for the consumer I once had a Chinese no name mobile phone that had mario bros & wonderboy as well as a few others but I can't remember them it was pretty awesome

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Stay golden, Ponyboy

Good idea for a device except no one will make Android games for it and like platzreign said it's probably a piece of shit.
    Avatar by TheGeneral09 | Platcard by RavenScythe
    My Trophy Checklist

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    Well if anybody is going to blatantly rip off another person/company's design and/or idea. It's going to be China. The other sad part is. The fact that China made it probably means, it's going to be a pos. Despite all the things it can do. It wont work worth a damn. Because China is also known for making the cheapest knock offs around. Ask Bentley and RR. China made perfect replica of their cars. And sells them. Despite the fact that. They are moving death traps.
    China is going to hack, crack and flat out steal any and every idea in the free world. And most of the time. You're just better off buying the real thing. Because quality products in knock offs, is non translatable in Mandarin.
    ^^^^Exactly what I was thinking.^^^^

Also don't take this sentence seriously- No one will like this because all of it's games are ports (Even if they are being run on an emulator). Ports aren't good enough for most people.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by C_34_M View Post
    Good idea for a device except no one will make Android games for it and like platzreign said it's probably a piece of shit.
    the only things shitty about it will probably be the screen quality and ram.

the other stuff is good.

My Own Worst Enemy

It will probably give you cancer.
    Just kidding, but seriously I don't know if I would expect to much from this thing.
    China like so many people have said makes cheap POS products, because foolish people buy them.
    I mean they used some kind of plastic filler for dog food and formula. That they then export to any country that will take it.
    That dog food was found to be the cause of cutting in the lining of the dogs intestines.(Business Prof. brought this to the classes attention.)
    Anyway Buyer Beware is all I got to say.

(Props to dsluckay for the sig/avy) (Trophy bar by:Thunder)

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Self_Saboteur- View Post
    It will probably give you cancer.
    Just kidding, but seriously I don't know if I would expect to much from this thing.
    China like so many people have said makes cheap POS products, because foolish people buy them.
    there's actually a weird thing that is happening in china, where knockoffs are starting to be better than the actual products while costing less.

it's really weird to talk about because it makes no sense, but some tech people are noticing that.

My Own Worst Enemy

@ Ps360, I have noticed that you enjoy these controversial topics.lol/You like to get a rise out of people don't you.
    Anyway in response to your remark above. I hope so because my country the U.S. is one of the countries that imports so much from China.
    (Probably part of a deal they worked out when we borrowed money to bail out our economy.)
    Would be nice to see cheap and reliable products from China. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

(Props to dsluckay for the sig/avy) (Trophy bar by:Thunder)

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingLazy View Post
    inb4 the damn thing explodes
    You're doing it wrong.

---

On topic: It looks... janky. It is running on android though, only really useful for oldschool game ROMs. Eh.

Sig by - ~ Avatar by - DaRe

Zombie Killin' Business
    Are you a Professional Zombie Slayer? Join now!

Side Project
    My (incomplete) checklist, and trophy guides.

The GGA
    Sig Battles, SotW, SotM, and more!

Got a YouTube Channel?
    Post it here!

Stay golden, Ponyboy

Quote Originally Posted by SideEffect View Post
    You're doing it wrong.

---

On topic: It looks... janky. It is running on android though, only really useful for oldschool game ROMs. Eh.
    Exactly, and my PSP 2000 can do that...
    Avatar by TheGeneral09 | Platcard by RavenScythe
    My Trophy Checklist

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    You mean like the Samsung Galaxy...

Blatant rip-off design-wise of the Vita. Expect Sony to respond.

Nice feature-set however and it'll be interesting to see how many Android games / apps support the controls. Then again, this device is clearly targeting pirates via emulation and those games will work. Arrggghh.

good job checking facts instead of using a apple biased image.

infact if you really want to get technical, guess what came out before the iphone?

LG's Prada Phone. They still make it even today. iPhone was and is never original in any way shape or form.