Samsung, Sony, and LG Making Nexus Phones for Google

This is a discussion on Samsung, Sony, and LG Making Nexus Phones for Google within the Android forum, part of the PC; New Nexus rumors heat up, DoCoMo doc suggests handsets from LG, Sony, Samsung Earlier today came word of a possible ...

INTJ

Samsung, Sony, and LG Making Nexus Phones for Google

New Nexus rumors heat up, DoCoMo doc suggests handsets from LG, Sony, Samsung

Earlier today came word of a possible new Nexus device from Samsung, but that might have been just the tip of the Google-branded phone iceberg. If we are to believe a report coming from japanese site Android Noodles, NTT DoCoMo shows at least three Nexus devices on their roadmap, one each from LG, Sony, and Samsung. This wouldn’t be the first time we have heard rumors that Google plans to release up to five new Nexus phones by the end of year.

The names given for the devices include the Samsung Galaxy Nexus II, which makes sense given the GT-I9260 model number leaked this morning, LG Optimus Nexus, and Sony Xperia Nexus. If the rumors pan out, it seems apparent that Google’s new Nexus line seeks to combine manufacturer flagship brands with the Nexus name, leaving open the possibility for an HTC Nexus One X, though it isn’t mentioned in the report.

If the convention holds true, it would be a watershed moment for the Android industry. Major manufacturers would essentially offer their top-of-the-line hardware in a stock Android flavor with easy access to future OS updates. That’s enough to satisfy any fanboy’s wet dream.

Get bent...

I'd definitely like to see an HTC Nexus...if that one ever happens.

Sony doesn't exactly have the greatest track record with making phones.

Closing this account

I only owned one DoCoMo cell and it was pink. Never really trusted that company but I think it is time for a change.

Angel of Death

I had an Android phone, but hated just about everything of it. I'll be sticking to iOS...

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    I had an Android phone, but hated just about everything of it. I'll be sticking to iOS...
    why exactly

Saints Row IV

I love Sony's phones and this news made my day
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website