Asus Transformer Prime Thread - Does your tablet have the first quad core in any tablet? Nope

This is a discussion on Asus Transformer Prime Thread - Does your tablet have the first quad core in any tablet? Nope within the Android forum, part of the PC; Asus Transformer prime (or soon to be ripped of from apple as the ipad 3) is a wonderful piece of ...

INTJ

Asus Transformer Prime Thread - Does your tablet have the first quad core in any tablet? Nope

Asus Transformer prime (or soon to be ripped of from apple as the ipad 3) is a wonderful piece of innovation.

Packed with the first quad core in any tablet, which is the Tegra 3.

The Tegra 3 is a new chip by nvidia that allows a massive performance boost among other things. Fully 1080p Video playback, Able to render streaming video way faster than any other tablet, HTML5 rendering way faster among the rest.

Here's a Demo of a good game called shadowgun (Infinity blade can go eat 20 dicks)

Here's a comparison between other chipsets and the tegra 3

The Tablet has a battery that kinda slightly loses to the ipad by 10-20 minutes (10 hour battery), but you can connect a keyboard dock made by asus which extends the battery by another 8 hours (ya have to pay for it extra though.)

"But You have Honeycomb you idort your tablet is shit compared to my ICS Tablet"

January 12 all prime users can upgrade to ICS.

"Your Bootloader is locked with a 128-bit encryption key, you suck"

Asus says they will bring out a bootloader unlocker out to the public (it will void the warranty)

"I try finding a place to buy it, but it's all sold out"

because the tablet is that good. it's been sold out for weeks. keep trying.

"My iPad has 3G, does yours have 3G? Ha no it doesn't suck my dickkk"

go die

"The GPS Is not good on it"

Implying you use a tablet for a GPS device.

asus is nice though and removed it from it's tablet spec sheet though, even though i never had problems with mine.

"Well my ipad is made for artistic people like me"

shut up you stupid aborted fetus

ill leave ya with a video of this guy talking about the tablet and tech demos (including lost planet 2)

PRO Member

Actually whats funny about the GPS thing is Asus has a really good GPS device... Its just that they give you the raw GPS data, which is full of noise and the infamous "bubble" in resolution.

I prefer it because, as you pointed out, I don't use the GPS in it to guide me like I do a phone/device in a car. Being able to mess around with it without having to deal with the manufacturer's filter makes it much more useful for the homebrewer.

Oh, btw, my tablet does have that because I own one of these. Or to be more exact... Did. I got rid of it because I don't find tablets particularly useful, I might have a different opinion once I go for my next master's and need something like that to take notes... Right now though I find it to be so underpowered and cumbersome as to not be useful. My laptop is a much better machine.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

INTJ

the reason the asus tablet gps is bad is apparently because it's made out of aluminum.

i find tablets amazing though. able to do tons of pc stuff on the go without having to plug up a laptop to a wall anywhere your at and use it (Every laptop i use has the shortest battery life in all existence) and it makes for a amazing reader for news and stuff (pulse + tablet = godlike article reading)

INTJ

oh boy another new model of the transformer prime, with a better GPS and a 1920x1200 screen

Asus Transformer Prime TF700T official with 1920 x 1200 res and new design to improve GPS | The Verge

inShare

Asus is today introducing the TF700T, a new variant of its Eee Pad Transformer Prime tablet, whose major upgrade is a move to a 1920 x 1200 resolution. That makes two Android tablets moving to a 1080p res at CES 2012, following Acer's unveiling of the Iconia Tab A700 yesterday.

The new Transformer Prime isn't sacrificing quality for quantity with its move to a much higher pixel density — its display is still made of the SuperIPS+ stuff that impressed us so much when reviewing the TF201. Another highly significant upgrade is in the tablet's rear cover design, which has been altered to allow for better GPS, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth performance. Great for new buyers, to be sure, but we wonder how happy owners of the current-gen Prime will be with this news.

Android 4.01 will be the shipping OS on the Transformer Prime TF700T, which should cost between $599 and $699 when it hits North American shelves in the second quarter of 2012. Compatibility with the TF201's keyboard dock is retained, as are most of the internal components, including the 1.3GHz quad-core Tegra 3 system-on-chip. Onboard storage on the new Prime will be either 32GB or 64GB, depending on your preference. The only other notable step-up for the slate is in the front-facing camera, which has been upgraded from 1.2 to 2 megapixels.

Asus hasn't provided us with pictures of its new high-res tablet just yet, but we'll get those to you as soon we can.

i have time to return my prime tablet and wait for this one, should i?

INTJ

7-inch economy version of the prime, including the tegra 3 and such, for 249$

NVIDIA announces 7-inch Transformer Prime - Tegra 3 and Ice Cream Sandwich for $249 | Android Central

also ICS is being pushed out to every prime tablet out right now.

asus won the tablet war, everyone go home now

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    the reason the asus tablet gps is bad is apparently because it's made out of aluminum.
    I'm not inclined to believe this, I don't know the specifics of how its constructed but the problem is if the case is constructed out of aluminum in such a way that its creating interference (you know, because its a faraday cage), you'd be getting no signal or complete loss of signal integrity.

Atleast when I was playing around with it I never saw signal interruptions, just errors.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.