Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 60 of 60

Android is losing the smartphone war!

This is a discussion on Android is losing the smartphone war! within the Android forum, part of the PC; Apple fanboy much? As I've been reading through the posts, its been turning into less of a discussion and more ...

  1. #41
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    Killermachine252's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Academy City, Japan
    Posts
    404
    Reputation
    4

    Apple fanboy much? As I've been reading through the posts, its been turning into less of a discussion and more of a post anything I can to make myself correct even if it has the tiniest bit of relevance to the actual topic itself, as well as a sales campaign Everyone has their own personal preferences for the type of smartphone they like as they have specific features that appeal to them more than the other, its as simple as that. Now can't we just get along? lol

    Oh, and I haven't caught the smartphone fever as of yet as I'm stuck with my old Motorola flip phone xD If by any chance I do in the near future, I'd prolly get myself a Blackberry It'd go absolutely well with my Playbook tablet
    MyAnimeList: Killermachine252 | Sword Art Online <3
    Expand Platcard to see my entire Sword Art Online signature below it








  2. #42
    illegal in 9 countries
    ant1th3s1s's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ōsutoraria
    Posts
    3,482
    Reputation
    529

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    also taking news posts from a local south african news source seems like your grasping at straws
    From the person quoting random Portuguese and Estonian sources, that's the pot calling the kettle black.

    On topic - I upgraded my iPhone 3GS to iOS4 recently and it's crashing constantly ever since. I can't go 5 mins without SpringBoard apologising for the inconvience and I regret not sticking with iOS3. I may be an Apple advocate, but they're not immune to stonewalling the O/S upgrade path either.

    That said, Android phones feel like plastic junk with a clumsy, laggy, clunky O/S in comparison, so my next phone purchase will definitely be an iPhone 5.

    PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

  3. #43
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    ApplePope's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    248
    Reputation
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-In-A-Tree View Post
    Now you're seriously bordering on stupid.

    Yes. You CAN get custom skins and cases for Android phones.

    WTF is wrong with you? Now you're just throwing random shit out there just to get your point across.

    Total & complete ignorance at its finest.
    You need to calm down, seriously. I only posted that as a joke, it might not be a funny joke but still.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-In-A-Tree View Post
    WTF is wrong with you?
    I think you might have some problems, but luckily i found some online help for you
    Controlling Anger -- Before It Controls You

    Or is it wrong of me to assume you have some mental health problems? Would that be ignorant of me? Oh well.

  4. #44
    дурак
    Vulgar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Longview, WA
    Posts
    1,377
    Reputation
    105

    Quote Originally Posted by ApplePope View Post
    I think you might have some problems, but luckily i found some online help for you
    Controlling Anger -- Before It Controls You

    Or is it wrong of me to assume you have some mental health problems? Would that be ignorant of me? Oh well.
    I think you might have some problems, but luckily i found some online help for you
    Fixation (psychology) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Or is it wrong of me to assume you sleep at night with your Iphone under your pillow? Or that you post Smartphone fanboyism on a PS3 trophy website? (Even if it is a fact). Oh well.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel


  5. #45
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    ApplePope's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    248
    Reputation
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    I think you might have some problems, but luckily i found some online help for you
    Fixation (psychology) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Or is it wrong of me to assume you sleep at night with your Iphone under your pillow?
    If you were going to recommend help to me it could have at least been an online course or something, how am i going to get better with a wikipedia article??

  6. #46
    дурак
    Vulgar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Longview, WA
    Posts
    1,377
    Reputation
    105

    Quote Originally Posted by ApplePope View Post
    If you were going to recommend help to me it could have at least been an online course or something, how am i going to get better with a wikipedia article??
    It was just to give you a general idea of where to start. You're more than welcome to Google it, provided you have the mental capacity.

    Besides I don't care about you enough to spoon feed information to you.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel


  7. #47
    Kal
    Kal is offline
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    Kal's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    285
    Reputation
    3


    Avatar and Signature by Curse

  8. #48
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    5,902
    Reputation
    333

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    Tech lovers who try to get the 'best' smartphone out there, because they think that the more shit the phone can do, the better it is.

    Toggle Spoiler


    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  9. #49
    The One and Only
    DaRe_xLw's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Inglewood, CA
    Posts
    5,240
    Reputation
    478

    Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Tech lovers who try to get the 'best' smartphone out there, because they think that the more shit the phone can do, the better it is.
    I remember when the main purpose of a phone used to be for making phone calls for communication.

    Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

    DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist back in contruction!

    Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop with knuckle and Bladia, currently taking requests!

    DareCity701
    My dA account.

    My YouTube Channel

    Please subscribe today!

    Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

  10. #50
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    5,902
    Reputation
    333

    Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    I remember when the main purpose of a phone used to be for making phone calls for communication.
    Yeah, me too! hence why my phone sucks in the technical department, but it works for sending/receiveing calls and messages, so why should I complain?

    Toggle Spoiler


    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  11. #51
    Lvl 2 - Bronze
    SolDethgard's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    7th Pit of Hell
    Posts
    54
    Reputation
    5

    Yes he was Fantastic Four's arch-villian. I didn't care for the book save for when Doom was in it. He made that book interesting to me.

  12. #52
    PRO Member
    Gauss's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,206
    Reputation
    88

    Quote Originally Posted by ApplePope View Post
    These android phones being denied 4.0 are sometimes only 6 months- 1 year old, think about those very unhappy Galaxy S and Nexus One users
    So your cutoff for a useable phone is a year then? Its ok to deny after a year? Seems kind of arbitrary and stupid to me to have a cut-off point like that.

    You're either ok with a cut-off point for a family of products or you aren't.

    EDIT: NVM, ICS not coming to Nexus One officially, its a 3rd party port.

    Either way I find this a crappy point anyway, it doesn't influence app development in terms of BC because the runtime environment isn't changing. Its just adding new features, atleast up-to ICS... I haven't diddled around with ICS yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by ApplePope View Post
    Oh i thought siri was using Nuances voice command engine?
    Siri, Do You Use Nuance Technology? Siri: I’m Sorry, I Can’t Answer That. | TechCrunch

    I also thought that when Vlingo was bought out by Nuance they switched Vlingo over to Nuances engine as well? maybe I'm wrong
    Nuance gobbles up Vlingo, yearns to transcribe its own announcement -- Engadget
    Vlingo is owned by Nuance now, they weren't in 2008, and actually the buyout came out of a desire to stop the legal battle over Vlingo vs. Nuance tech.

    Oh, and I'm glad you stumbled onto one piece of the puzzle, but Siri is more than just Nuance, as is Vlingo. If Siri is just Nuance, why would Apple bother paying the guy from SRI who worked with DARPA? And why isn't Nuance suing the shit outta Apple?

    Its because Siri isn't just Nuance... Siri is its own iteration that has its own quirks.

    Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    On topic - I upgraded my iPhone 3GS to iOS4 recently and it's crashing constantly ever since. I can't go 5 mins without SpringBoard apologising for the inconvience and I regret not sticking with iOS3. I may be an Apple advocate, but they're not immune to stonewalling the O/S upgrade path either..
    I'm actually dumping iPhone next upgrade because of this, I know people think Android is clunky but after working with it I enjoy it alot... And my sis's HTC works better than my iPhone.
    Last edited by Gauss; 01-18-2012 at 10:14 AM.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.


    Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

  13. #53
    Administrator
    Submerge's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    349
    Reputation
    87

    Quote Originally Posted by ApplePope View Post
    Its about time they updated to a new phone, anyway the majority of iPhone users can be using iOS 5 unlike Android users left behind.
    I'm sorry but that just killed the whole point of the article you posted.

    Android is losing the smartphone race because those with older Androids don't get the latest OS. Oh look, the same is with iPhones! "Well, if people want the latest iOS, they should update to the newest iPhone". Ummmm, wouldn't the same go for Android users as well? Duh!

    Meanwhile, Android manufacturers don't limit things that should have been on the phone by default. Like video recording, why does it take 2 generations of phones just to record video? That's just a scum move by Apple, never trust them in giving their clients what's current technology just so they can make sure that they force their customers into buying new hardware 2 years later.
    I had a threesome last night, there were a couple of no shows but I still had a good time!


  14. #54
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    ApplePope's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    248
    Reputation
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Submerge View Post
    I'm sorry but that just killed the whole point of the article you posted.
    I admit i probably didn't word that right, i meant you can't really expect a phone that is 3 years old to be able to run the latest software, now compare that to android phone which havn't even been out for 6 months being denied 4.0 ics

  15. #55
    Crocodile Hunter
    Ac3stralian's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Straya ****!
    Posts
    2,042
    Reputation
    176

    damn, and here i thought that we 'accidently' lost our apple fanboy..... im sad now

    Sig by Apokolypz



  16. #56
    Lvl 5 - Silver
    CaptainHowdy72's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    lost in a feeling
    Posts
    390
    Reputation
    5

    Androids are VERY user friendly and open source. crApple is neither
    crApple through itunes deletes your music and you NEED it for your ipod, (yes there are others but all suck as well) Android does not
    Androids let you the owner see everything in your phone, crApple does not


    as soon as people smarten up, (yeah right) and see crApple updates every year with nothing major
    I compare this to MW3, (off topic I know)

    "I" would rather a Black Berry over ANY crApple product

  17. #57
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    ApplePope's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    248
    Reputation
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHowdy72 View Post
    Androids are VERY user friendly
    Android more user friendly than iPhone? please explain

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHowdy72 View Post
    crApple through itunes deletes your music and you NEED it for your iPod
    What are you doing for this to happen? I sync my iPod and iPhone with iTunes and it has never gone wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHowdy72 View Post
    as soon as people smarten up, (yeah right) and see crApple updates every year with nothing major
    I compare this to MW3, (off topic I know)
    The updates for iPhone aren't very major? Just look at the 3GS and the 4 and tell me they are basically the same?


    "I" would rather a Black Berry over ANY crApple product[/QUOTE]

    Yeah, buy a cheap one made in 2005 they're basically the same as the ones today


    Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    damn, and here i thought that we 'accidently' lost our apple fanboy..... ********im sad now
    keep dreaming

  18. #58
    Lvl 1 - Bronze

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3
    Reputation
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    damn, and here i thought that we \\\'accidently\\\' lost our apple fanboy..... im sad now
    Now now that is not very nice, i see you are an infidelOh and by the way, Android in my opinion is by far better than the competition. I am getting a new phone and i can choose between iphone 4s or galaxy nexus and i think ill be going with the nexus because it has a fantastic camera.

  19. #59
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    ApplePope's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    248
    Reputation
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulHero View Post
    Now now that is not very nice, i see you are an infidelOh and by the way, Android in my opinion is by far better than the competition. I am getting a new phone and i can choose between iphone 4s or galaxy nexus and i think ill be going with the nexus because it has a fantastic camera.
    You're choosing the Galaxy Nexus because of the camera? Have you not seen the camera on the 4S?

    Your'e comparing a 5mp camera to an 8mp camera? Just buy the 4S you'll be more happy

  20. #60
    Lvl 1 - Bronze

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3
    Reputation
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by ApplePope View Post
    You\'re choosing the Galaxy Nexus because of the camera? Have you not seen the camera on the 4S? Your\'e comparing a 5mp camera to an 8mp camera? Just buy the 4S you\'ll be more happy
    Oh i didn\'t know that, i see. hmm ill see

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO