Samsung Promises All-day Strong Batteries for 2012 phones

This is a discussion on Samsung Promises All-day Strong Batteries for 2012 phones within the Android forum, part of the PC; Samsung Joins The Fight Against Short Battery Life, Promises 2012 Phone Will Be All-Day Strong For Most Users As smartphones ...

INTJ

Samsung Promises All-day Strong Batteries for 2012 phones

Samsung Joins The Fight Against Short Battery Life, Promises 2012 Phone Will Be All-Day Strong For Most Users

As smartphones get larger, more vibrant displays, faster CPUs, 4G LTE network connectivity, and more features, there is one area where they still always fall short: battery life. In fact, most modern smartphones lack the ability to last a full day of regular, moderate usage without requiring some additional juice.

Samsung knows that we're all sick of doing the battery-charge-shuffle, so it's vowing to keep us away from the outlet for a full day of moderate to heavy usage with its 2012 phones, according to VP of product innovation Kevin Packingham. On one hand, this probably means slightly thicker devices with larger batteries (like the Motorola RAZR MAXX, which has a 3300mAh battery), but Sammy will also be optimizing the way the phones work, as well. Things like Wi-Fi searching and 4G LTE connections, among other things, will be tweaked to minimize battery usage.
    While the most power-hungry users will still have to pack an extra battery or portable charger, this is still definitely good news for all.

Platinum Procrastinator

This is a step in the right direction. I'm planning on getting a new phone soon, but I don't want to be charging it several times a day. Currently I only have to charge my phone once every 3-5 days. However, I don't have access to the internet or anything with it either.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

ლ(ಠдಠლ)

More juice is always nice. However from my experience:

My Samsung Galaxy S2 can last up to 3 days if I leave all data connections off, and don't play games (read: when using it strictly as a phone and perhaps calculator). I almost always have the screen very dim, because everything is perfectly visible except under really bright lighting conditions, which is when I turn up the brightness a notch.

I only turn on data networks/wifi when I need to whatsapp or check something online. Battery lasts well over a day and is drained maybe 30% over a period of about 24 hours. However under my regular usage, I'm usually down to about 20-30% battery remaining by the end of the day.

If I'm not conscious of saving battery time and leaving wifi on all day and/or data networking, with moderate usage I find nearly all the battery has gone by bedtime.

Having said that, if it could last the same leaving all networking on, that would be brilliant.

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    This is a step in the right direction. I'm planning on getting a new phone soon, but I don't want to be charging it several times a day. Currently I only have to charge my phone once every 3-5 days. However, I don't have access to the internet or anything with it either.
    Same here I have the Samsung Caliber and it stays charged for days, but I am mainly a texter though. I want to get a smart phone but all my friends phones seem to die way to fast...

Crocodile Hunter

this is great, my phone barely lasts a day when im working and im not even using it but for travel to work nd back

Sig by Apokolypz