Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 146

Support PS3Trophies.com by Becoming a PRO Member

This is a discussion on Support PS3Trophies.com by Becoming a PRO Member within the Announcements forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Originally Posted by L-Dizzy0715 It would be cool if you could "Sponsor" a good friend on this site...as a feature ...

  1. #41
    Administrator
    Submerge's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    349
    Reputation
    87

    Quote Originally Posted by L-Dizzy0715 View Post
    It would be cool if you could "Sponsor" a good friend on this site...as a feature (not asking for one)

    2 Sites i'm V.I.P. on i'm either sponsored or payed for it myself.

    Also it would be good if you become a special member(Something exceeding pro and not mod) where you put as much as $25 dollars on this site to keep it running.
    You can pay for other people's PRO memberships.

    What do you mean by your second suggestion?
    I had a threesome last night, there were a couple of no shows but I still had a good time!


  2. #42
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    DIMENSIONCRASHER's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    137
    Reputation
    1

    Errrmmm... i'm still new to this site so i don't know how to put money on my account and how to donate.
    Can anyone help me?

  3. #43
    RPG Master
    Shemhazat's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    RPG Nexus
    Posts
    648
    Reputation
    35

    Quote Originally Posted by DIMENSIONCRASHER View Post
    Errrmmm... i'm still new to this site so i don't know how to put money on my account and how to donate.
    Can anyone help me?
    You don't need to put money on your account, persay, if you have a credit card, that could work as well. If you look at the top of the site to the above-right of the donate bar, you should see a link that says "Donate Now." Click on it and it should take you to a page that asks how much you want to donate. Pick the amount you want and a new webpage should open up that allows you to donate via any method you prefer. Whether it is paypal, debit, or credit.
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

  4. #44
    ILoveU4Life
    kc1598's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Outside The Box
    Posts
    485
    Reputation
    7

    Not to be rude or anything but I've already donated once to this site and I was just wondering whether if you do not get enough donations the site will actually be shutdown or whether the money just goes to improving the site e.g. buying new equipment. I just wanted to know, that without reaching the $500 goal, would their actually not be enough money to keep the site running from just the donations money?, and do you actually manage to run the site on just the donations money?, just curious not trying 2 be rude or anything so don't take this the wrong way

    Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)
    Avatar Edited By MAXTHUNDER

  5. #45
    Administrator
    Submerge's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    349
    Reputation
    87

    Yes, if we don't get enough money from donations/ads we will shut the site down. Why would we keep it open? That's cash flow negative, it's simple business fundamentals. The only thing that can cease to operate while being in the red is government.
    I had a threesome last night, there were a couple of no shows but I still had a good time!


  6. #46
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    Dreakon's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    113
    Reputation
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Submerge View Post
    Yes, if we don't get enough money from donations/ads we will shut the site down. Why would we keep it open? That's cash flow negative, it's simple business fundamentals. The only thing that can cease to operate while being in the red is government.
    Some might enjoy when a site is run and operated by fans, not necessarily businessmen. People blow thousands into their hobbies with little to no return outside of sheer enjoyment, and if running the site isn't a hobby for you... or enjoyable... then why keep it going at all? There are other alternatives out there for people to turn to.

    I understand your point, but just sayin'.
    Last edited by Dreakon; 12-28-2011 at 06:23 PM.


  7. #47
    Aussie Furry, Bitch
    Kerwan_Ratchet's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In a multiverses of different bodies and souls
    Posts
    1,897
    Reputation
    74

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreakon View Post
    Some might enjoy when a site is run and operated by fans, not necessarily businessmen. People blow thousands into their hobbies with little to no return outside of sheer enjoyment, and if running the site isn't a hobby for you... or enjoyable... then why keep it going at all? There are other alternatives out there for people to turn to.

    I understand your point, but just sayin'.
    Agreed....but the cash does have to come from somewhere....




  8. #48
    ILoveU4Life
    kc1598's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Outside The Box
    Posts
    485
    Reputation
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Submerge View Post
    Yes, if we don't get enough money from donations/ads we will shut the site down. Why would we keep it open? That's cash flow negative, it's simple business fundamentals. The only thing that can cease to operate while being in the red is government.
    I just wanted to know because sometimes, on some sites the money comes from donations and the people who run the site also pay a bit ( not saying you should do this or anything, I just wanted to know where the money comes from and how important our donations are 2 the site), I was just wondering because sometimes you don't get enough money but the site still seems fine, but thanks for that, it's all I wanted to know
    EDIT: So, not tryna be nosy, just interested, how do you keep the site going when you do not reach the site's monthly goal??, for example this month and last month?

    Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)
    Avatar Edited By MAXTHUNDER

  9. #49
    Administrator
    Submerge's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    349
    Reputation
    87

    Quote Originally Posted by kc1598 View Post
    I just wanted to know because sometimes, on some sites the money comes from donations and the people who run the site also pay a bit ( not saying you should do this or anything, I just wanted to know where the money comes from and how important our donations are 2 the site), I was just wondering because sometimes you don't get enough money but the site still seems fine, but thanks for that, it's all I wanted to know
    EDIT: So, not tryna be nosy, just interested, how do you keep the site going when you do not reach the site's monthly goal??, for example this month and last month?
    The revenue comes from donations and advertisements, that we exempt PRO members from seeing, because the understanding is we "made" enough money off you from your donations you paid your fair share of using the site (whereas guests and non-PRO still get ads because it's how they pay for using the site, even though it's a miniscule amount that only adds up to pennies for every hundred of them). Technically. And some PRO members still donate to help with operational costs beyond the minimum $10 because they want to make sure the site keeps going along with what's its doing because they feel they get a value out of the services that it offers.

    Now with advertisements, we still make enough to cover hosting fees, since we dip into that if donations don't cover it. The problem lies in, dedicating my time in doing work for the site. If the site makes more money, the more work I can vest in it because I still need to make a paycheck. If I can't make a paycheck from the site, I do work somewhere else leaving me with no time for the site.

    As far as administrators putting money into the site, we've all put in a fair share. I put in about $2,000+ of my own money before even taking a donation or putting up ads.
    I had a threesome last night, there were a couple of no shows but I still had a good time!


  10. #50
    Chuck Norris Approved.
    Wargazsem's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    965
    Reputation
    97

    That's why i haven't seen the ad's. I guess if I bothered to look around I'd known that piece of info. Learn something new every day.


    Avy, Chambers35 Sig, dsluckay






  11. #51
    ILoveU4Life
    kc1598's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Outside The Box
    Posts
    485
    Reputation
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Submerge View Post
    The revenue comes from donations and advertisements, that we exempt PRO members from seeing, because the understanding is we "made" enough money off you from your donations you paid your fair share of using the site (whereas guests and non-PRO still get ads because it's how they pay for using the site, even though it's a miniscule amount that only adds up to pennies for every hundred of them). Technically. And some PRO members still donate to help with operational costs beyond the minimum $10 because they want to make sure the site keeps going along with what's its doing because they feel they get a value out of the services that it offers.

    Now with advertisements, we still make enough to cover hosting fees, since we dip into that if donations don't cover it. The problem lies in, dedicating my time in doing work for the site. If the site makes more money, the more work I can vest in it because I still need to make a paycheck. If I can't make a paycheck from the site, I do work somewhere else leaving me with no time for the site.

    As far as administrators putting money into the site, we've all put in a fair share. I put in about $2,000+ of my own money before even taking a donation or putting up ads.
    OK thanks, that is really all I wanted to know, I'm gonna go donate now

    Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)
    Avatar Edited By MAXTHUNDER

  12. #52
    Chuck Norris Approved.
    Wargazsem's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    965
    Reputation
    97

    Just my two cent's. If anyone is on the fence about making a donation to the site. I can say it's a good idea. I know for me just the trophy guide's have saved me hour's of wandering around or being stuck on a damn puzzle. As soon as I can I will donate once again, holiday's wiped me out.


    Avy, Chambers35 Sig, dsluckay






  13. #53
    Proud Greek Gamer
    w1n5t0n's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    365
    Reputation
    29

    Donated yesterday and waiting for confirmation.Thank you guys for everything.

    Signature and Avatar made by the awesome TheGeneral09



  14. #54
    I'm A Walking Anime......
    Lightbringer's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    1,895
    Reputation
    93

    I don't know when, but i'll donate
    Sig and Avy made by the talented DaRe_xLw



  15. #55
    .. Solar Fields ..
    Timeless-Enigma's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    338

    I donated today because i enjoy using this site. If you are not a PRO member then that member will see advertisements but i didn't see any ads on this site at all? I think maybe it is because i am using Firefox and the the firefox add-on 'Ad Block Plus'.

    I will donate again at some point in the future...

  16. #56
    Bringing the PAIN
    NOFORPAIN's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida USA
    Posts
    827
    Reputation
    57


    Keep up the donations guys! Its how we keep this place running!


    Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

  17. #57
    PRO Member
    carrottop1787's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    51
    Reputation
    3

    Joined last week...donated today...BOOM lovin this place already

    Thanks to kid420247 for the Avy and Sig

  18. #58
    Chuck Norris Approved.
    Wargazsem's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    965
    Reputation
    97

    I just made another donation, and can say it was money well spent.


    Avy, Chambers35 Sig, dsluckay






  19. #59
    Break from gaming
    Creditdue's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    $crilla Villa
    Posts
    1,549
    Reputation
    47

    How long does it take for a donation to go through? I made one yesterday afternoon.


    Big thanks to Bladia for awesome sig
    "Unfortunately the Nazi's don't play cricket - if they did, we wouldn't be on opposite sides now."

  20. #60
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    damage's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Darwin, NT (GMT+9:30)
    Posts
    130
    Reputation
    5

    Will donate as soon as I can, I love this site, but how do we donate?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO