Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Feature: Boosting Lists

This is a discussion on Feature: Boosting Lists within the Announcements forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; So with the vast amount of trophies available now (just under 13,000), we come across some that are just impossible ...

Administrator

Feature: Boosting Lists

So with the vast amount of trophies available now (just under 13,000), we come across some that are just impossible to get without them being planned by all parties playing. I've added a new feature to the site, one which allows anyone that owns the game to join either a boosting group for all trophies, or pick individual ones to boost. Let's check out some screenies...

When viewing any game page you can click the new "Boosting" button to view the page.

You can check out who's already boosting and add yourself to the list by clicking the button highlighted.

Once you click the button you'll be added to the list and the list will seamlessly refresh.

There I am

Of course you can always click the button to remove yourself from the list.

It's pretty much the same for an individual trophy.

Everyone also gets a new page on their profile to show what they want to boost,
    you can quickly remove yourself from any one by clicking the remove button.

Now that you've seen what it looks like, I'll explain how/what everything works/is. You can either be in a boosting list for the game as a whole, or individual trophies. If you pick individual trophies then you'll be listed with those trophies you'd like to boost, if you pick the whole game you'll just be listed as "All Trophies".

Along with that, you're also listed with how long you've been on the list, I'm thinking to automatically remove people after they've been in there for a month to keep things tidy, of course you could always re-add yourself. You also have a tick or a cross depending on if you have the trophy (individual trophy boosting lists) or completed the game (game boosting list).

Quote Originally Posted by Viarco View Post
    Trophy boosting usually refers to the act of making an agreement with another member so he/you lose on purpose at a certain game online so you can get that "Win a race online." trophy. Or die a certain number of times to help him get that "Get x amount of kills in one match".

It's not ilegal, it's just playing the game by different rules. Some trophies are just asking for it (unless you want to spend a limetime playing the same game over and over again...)
    I may also work on being able to submit a time/date to a user and to agree/disagree on that to book a time you could try and boost. Let me know what you think, suggestions & comments are always welcome. If you find any bugs just post below.

I had a threesome last night, there were a couple of no shows but I still had a good time!

PRO Member

A much neater and better way to boost as people still add me for boosting on old posts when im not. Least u can remove yourself from boosting so this gets the thumbs up

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by marccap View Post
    A much neater and better way to boost as people still add me for boosting on old posts when im not. Least u can remove yourself from boosting so this gets the thumbs up
    Dude, you should edit the posts when you're no longer boosting.

On the subject - awesome feature! Now we can see who needs which trophy specifically and team up with the correct person!

PRO Member

People still dont listen when i do lol.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by DoomHorror View Post
    Dude, you should edit the posts when you're no longer boosting.

On the subject - awesome feature! Now we can see who needs which trophy specifically and team up with the correct person!
    Unfortunately, sometimes the person that started the boosting list will add everyone to the original post. I had this issue with AC: Brotherhood and there was no way to edit something I didn't post. I was still getting requests up until this site went down for a few days. That was the best thing about having the old posts removed... no more ACB boosting requests

But this method looks great. I look forward to giving it a try.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

This is not exactly what I had in mind and what I suggested, but I do see a start to something much better. Members like me will still have to organize boosting sessions but it will be easier to find people that are willing to boost through this site function.
    PS3Trophies - Member Since January 2010

Currently Playing: CoD 5 - World at War & Uncharted 2

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by V-_ELITE_-V View Post
    This is not exactly what I had in mind and what I suggested, but I do see a start to something much better. Members like me will still have to organize boosting sessions but it will be easier to find people that are willing to boost through this site function.
    This has been a part of the site for like a year already...
    I had a threesome last night, there were a couple of no shows but I still had a good time!

Resident PHD

Thanks Sub this is a a great idea. +20 interweb points to you.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Schism View Post
    Evo!? WTF
    a high five?

subject- i think the idea of a time/date book is a great idea submerge, maybe not just between two people but a public one perhaps, so for example some1 is setting up a boosting group at a certain time, other people viewing can just click join if there is an available slot or something.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Nice feature. Makes boosting more organised now

Toggle Spoiler

That Southern B****

I love this feature. You can add yourself when you need it and subtract yourself when you're done. You don't have to go through a million posts trying to find someone who can and will help. Much much better option for boosting. Kudos mate
    Hitmon133: "Today's passage is taken from the Book of Coug. Chapter 56, Verse 46. >.>"

Epic Banner by Fawst <3

Toggle Spoiler

Saints Row IV

love this feature!
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Life just got a little bit easier. Thank you sir!

PLATINUM TROPHY HITLIST:
    - ALIEN BREED: IMPACT
    - DIABLO 3
    - DEAD SPACE 2
    - THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM
    - THE LAST OF US

Aes Dana

I will be boosting my way to check this out.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

how do you specify exactly wht trophy u want to boost (theres a section where it says it). for me it just says 'all trophies'

Synthwave <3

Great feature, I love it! I like the booking idea too. It would be great to be able to setup times with people. Nice work.

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

Closing this account

Look good, I thought that this was already part of the site or was it not 100% fail proof yet? It is a good idea, keeps ppl from spamming the boosting threads, getting pisses when ppl don't help them but if they check the trophy list and see who is boosting what then they can just go after those ppl.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

yeah i put myself on the boosting list for medal of honour, tdu2, bf3 and hawx. we ought to do hawx soon mate?
    Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk View Post
    Look good, I thought that this was already part of the site or was it not 100% fail proof yet? It is a good idea, keeps ppl from spamming the boosting threads, getting pisses when ppl don't help them but if they check the trophy list and see who is boosting what then they can just go after those ppl.

Closing this account

Quote Originally Posted by Wisefire View Post
    yeah i put myself on the boosting list for medal of honour, tdu2, bf3 and hawx. we ought to do hawx soon mate?
    Best time to catch me right at this moment. When you login, I will be just ready to hit the bed.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

im not on till 15th june right now. nice 1000 posts! yeah we'll sort it out with vettes4ever after the 15th?
    Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk View Post
    Best time to catch me right at this moment. When you login, I will be just ready to hit the bed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast