Orbitz to raise prices on Mac users

This is a discussion on Orbitz to raise prices on Mac users within the Apple forum, part of the PC; On Orbitz, Mac Users Steered to Pricier Hotels - WSJ.com Orbitz Worldwide Inc. has found that people who use Apple ...

INTJ

Orbitz to raise prices on Mac users

On Orbitz, Mac Users Steered to Pricier Hotels - WSJ.com

Orbitz Worldwide Inc. has found that people who use Apple Inc.'s Mac computers spend as much as 30% more a night on hotels, so the online travel agency is starting to show them different, and sometimes costlier, travel options than Windows visitors see.The Orbitz effort, which is in its early stages, demonstrates how tracking people's online activities can use even seemingly innocuous information—in this case, the fact that customers are visiting Orbitz.com from a Mac—to start predicting their tastes and spending habits.Orbitz executives confirmed that the company is experimenting with showing different hotel offers to Mac and PC

They obviously waste more money, so why not charge them money to waste money?

brilliant idea

Lvl 6 - Silver

who cares?

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by CheapJuggler View Post
    who cares?
    if you don't care don't read.

it's a very simple process.

PRO Member

you know the news you post are actually pretty interesting, but you have got to stop with the biased comments afterwards...your opinions are fine, its the way you express them in...lets face it no one likes a fanboy, or a troll

On the subject...well can't say im surprised really...in the end its all about the $$$

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Rune2303 View Post
    you know the news you post are actually pretty interesting, but you have got to stop with the biased comments afterwards...your opinions are fine, its the way you express them in...lets face it no one likes a fanboy, or a troll

On the subject...well can't say im surprised really...in the end its all about the $$$
    they arn't biased comments

they are jokes.

people need to chill out whenever i say shit like that and not take it seriously, dispite how i think about mac products (costs too much for what you can get).

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    if you don't care don't read.

it's a very simple process.
    I wrote and erased about 4 different things to say but in the end, that was all I could say...

but why I said that is because 20-30$ doesn't make a difference between a good and bad hotel (my experience), I'd say 50-100 would but they aren't going that high... so the news story isn't saying much

and judging by all the comments...............................right.. no one does.. except that I saw this on the news, and jay leno made some jokes about it a couple nights ago... what is a news story is how we are being tracked, well not new news.. but a decent topic at least

Lvl 8 - Gold

And wow, Watch Dogs is already social commentary. Pretty creepy...

Get bent...

And who, exactly, uses Orbitz?

Nobody?

Oh yeah...

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-In-A-Tree View Post
    And who, exactly, uses Orbitz?

Nobody?

Oh yeah...
    I use Orbitz from my Macbook whenever I'm trying to booking a plane ticket. I don't like the concept of them raising prices because people use Macs to go onto their website to checkout prices for plane tickets. I think this is a bad move on there part.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    I use Orbitz from my Macbook whenever I'm trying to booking a plane ticket. I don't like the concept of them raising prices because people use Macs to go onto their website to checkout prices for plane tickets. I think this is a bad move on there part.
    Yea I think that is the big misunderstanding here is that they aren't raising the prices, just showing you slightly higher options (or like putting those at the top of the search), you can always pick the one you want though.. So I don't see how this is a big deal...

Lvl 4 - Silver

This is pretty stupid.

Lvl 6 - Silver

ha ha - i'm surprised more companies don't target Apple users like this. After all, how many millions of them line up every year to buy the same product all over again?