Army of Four will use Frostbite 2

This is a discussion on Army of Four will use Frostbite 2 within the Army of Two: The 40th Day forum, part of the A; Army of Two is a 2008 co-op third-person shooter that allowed one player to control one of the mercenaries, while ...

40oz to freedom

Army of Four will use Frostbite 2

Army of Two is a 2008 co-op third-person shooter that allowed one player to control one of the mercenaries, while the other player controlled the second. A sequel followed—Army of Two: The 40th Day—in 2010, and it was more of the same. The next game could be different.

The unannounced third entry in the series, according to one insider, won't take Army of Two one step further, but two.

EA is apparently working on a new Army of Two called Army of Four,a source told Kotaku. The game will supposedly feature four-player co-op and is currently being developed on the Frostbite 2 game engine.

The game is being developed by EA's Montreal studio and, the insider added, development is not going well. Now that EA DICE's Battlefield 3 is out the door, our source assumes that EA would move some DICE team members over to work on the title, help EA Montreal out.

As mentioned above, Army of Four has not yet been officially announced. Kotaku is following up with EA and will update this post should the company comment.
    Army of Two's Sequel Is Not Army of Three

Nope, nothing

Can't say I expected Army of Four

Will be interesting how they use the Frostbite 2 engine though (if of course the rumour is true).

Thanks for the heads up Triptent, I will definitely be keeping my eyes peeled for this

Lvl 8 - Gold

at least it will be a good looking pile of crap.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Army of Two could've been a great game, but all it boasted was graphics, effects, co-op and it's titular characters.

It was just so boring, the same repetitive crap that just involved shooting every bloody thing that moved.

The 2nd game was comparitavely worse, because now it was tacky and the graphics were downgraded!

And why the f*ck does Nolan North come into it!?
    Last edited by Hysteria; 12-01-2011 at 11:03 AM.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    at least it will be a good looking pile of crap.
    i chuckled.

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

again ea is wasting resources when they should be making mirrors edge 2

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanHellraiser View Post
    again ea is wasting resources when they should be making mirrors edge 2
    Dice is already working on Mirror's Edge 2. EA confirmed that about 9 months ago.

The thing with Army of Two, the whole series could have been great. It's just been so poorly executed in the last 2 games. That even with adding 2 more players and a new engine. The series is probably so far gone on life support. That EA should just pull the plug and save the game from its misery.

I have both, got about half way through the first and I think 2-3 chapters into the second. Before it just put them both down for good. I liked the concept. I was even fine with the locations. But both games were just so poorly written and were progressively more boring. All either game is good for. Is randomly killing sh*t. I mean that's the only purpose of the game.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 1 - Bronze

My biggest issues with the second AO2 game was the graphics and poor story/dialogue. If they can address those issues in the next game I might give it another shot because I do enjoy the gunplay mechanics in this particular series.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Army of 4 doesn't sound so impressive.. How about Army of 300 EA?