Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel = 4/10

This is a discussion on Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel = 4/10 within the Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel forum, part of the A; I have been interested in these games since the get go , it always looks like an awesome idea but ...

Rangers F.C

Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel = 4/10

I have been interested in these games since the get go , it always looks like an awesome idea but just before this one got released it gets canned . I thought maybe this time it would get it perfect after the third attempt .

I have never played them because the reviews and mates put me off , is the series actually good or are the reviews correct ?

Review: Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel - Destructoid = 4/10

Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel Review - VideoGamer.com = 5/10

Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Plats-O'-War!!

Don't listen to what they say. You should find out for yourself if it's good or not. I have it and I love the hell out of it. It's the best Army of Two game since the 1st one IMHO. The destructibility in the game is awesome, and the overkill ability is the truth. Me personally, I give it a 8.5/10.

Change is mediocre

That's sad to hear, I was kind of looking forward to this and was gonna pick it up after BioShock Infinite.

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Luckay View Post
    That's sad to hear, I was kind of looking forward to this and was gonna pick it up after BioShock Infinite.
    The other 2 games reviewed decent , this one has decent reviews from sources I am not used to using thats why I am asking . A few of my mates slated the other 2 games and they reviewed quite well .

Rangers F.C

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I personally liked the other 2 games over this one. They changed a lot of things from 40th day to this one. Tagging enemies is gone....the cursor that would show you which way to go in TWO vision is gone, and the character faces seem a bit washed out. It is also a bit glitchy...I have one trophy that glitched on me and it is keeping me from the plat.

It is what it is. I just don't think it is up to the Ao2 standards the previous games set.

Negator

The original AoT was awesome. The second missed the mark, but still delivered a solid experience...even though MP was a graveyard.

I've only played the demo for the newest one, and while it didn't seem to offer anything revolutionary in gameplay, it still felt like a solid enough co-op TPS.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by lordmartock View Post
    I personally liked the other 2 games over this one. They changed a lot of things from 40th day to this one. Tagging enemies is gone....the cursor that would show you which way to go in TWO vision is gone, and the character faces seem a bit washed out. It is also a bit glitchy...I have one trophy that glitched on me and it is keeping me from the plat.

It is what it is. I just don't think it is up to the Ao2 standards the previous games set.
    While I do understand your post, I'll say this:

There was no need for the cursor to tell you which way to go because the game will show you a gold box/arrow to tell you which way to go. The TWO vision is still there, it's just different. And yes, it still shows you how you and your partner how to flank a enemy on a turret gun, etc. Needs to be recharged after use, but it's still useful.

Tagging, I didn't use as much in the previous Army of Two games, so I don't miss it not one bit. But overall, it's still a pretty damn good game.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I dont know what the OP is talking about. This game is EXACTLY what I want in a game. Explosions, easy trophies, and no collectibles. I cant say that I had 5 seconds of downtime for the entire game.
    Other than two glitches, I wouldnt change a thing.
    There isnt a better, buddy and beer game in existence.

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by tj_martins View Post
    I dont know what the OP is talking about. This game is EXACTLY what I want in a game. Explosions, easy trophies, and no collectibles. I cant say that I had 5 seconds of downtime for the entire game.
    Other than two glitches, I wouldnt change a thing.
    There isnt a better, buddy and beer game in existence.
    I know what you are saying, but I would like a little more from a game than an easy trophy and mindless action .