Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

DaRe's Journey of Art

This is a discussion on DaRe's Journey of Art within the Artistic Inspiration forum, part of the Off Topic Chat; [top] DaRe's Adventures on Paper (WIP) Toggle Spoiler Table of Contents Introduction Main Original Characters (OC) Original Character Friends (OCF) ...

The One and Only

DaRe's Journey of Art

[top]DaRe's Adventures on Paper (WIP)

Toggle Spoiler

Last edited by DaRe_xLw; 08-27-2012 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Working in Progress...

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist back in contruction!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop with knuckle and Bladia, currently taking requests!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

The One and Only

DaRe-Style Graphics

[top]DaRe-Style Graphics

[new banner soon]

Established June 27, 2012

[top]Beginners Start Somewhere!

Current Program: Photoshop CS6

Preferred Theme: Pokemon, animals/creatures, any monster/beast that looks cool.

Current Teacher: N/A

Current State: Former Deja View Member; Free Agent Sig Maker

I first started making digital art with deviantART Muro, and it became a fun tool to use. I first used it for drawing characters and making some sort of effects with them, and then I eventually went to making signatures and things of that nature. Because it's only made by dA Muro, it's almost impossible to make pieces that can compete with the wild cats out there on this site, but I was happy with what I had and appreciated all of the support and critique I've been given. Here's the first thread I made showing some of my firsts here.

For now, I'm a trainee and only consider myself as that, but I always do what I can to improve myself and establish/improve my own personal styles. For a month I was using Sumo, a good and free website used for art, and it's alot better than dAM in every way! I later got my own computer, so I downloaded and started using GIMP since it's free and it's a better program to use for digital art and graphics design. Now Another month later I finally got my hands on Photoshop CS6, and now I have tools to help me explore the program thanks to my cousin.

Due to real like obstacles I started making sigs less often, but I still enjoy making them when I have the chance. After taking and completing several requests for 6 months, I feel that I have gone a pretty long way for someone who's only been making sigs for less than a year and with a decent program for even a shorter amount of time. Until I feel motivated to, I probably won't explore too many new styles for the time being and work on improving my current ones, but that doesn't mean I won't change up from time to time every once in a while. If you want to request a sig from me, you can shoot me a PM until I eventually create a new thread for requests or join another sig shop.

Current Confidence Level:

[top]Current Favorite (of my creations)

[top]inFAMOUS: Second Son

http://i.imgur.com/7TUotXY.png

[top]Avatars

[top]First Avatar

Toggle Spoiler

Click on the images to see full resolution

Toggle Spoiler

Photoshop CS6 Avys

[top]Signatures

[top]deviantART Muro: Getting Started (May 8, 2012 - June 29, 2012)

I mostly used dA Muro for drawing purposes or to create, well, muros on it. It wasn't until a certain sig battle that I started using it for sigs, but I have only used it a few times over the course of almost two months. It wasn't until June 27th I started making sigs again for it, but that only lasted two nights. This is NOT for making sigs. This is alright for drawing or paint, but not anything as complex and intricate as sigs. This is basically one step ahead of Microsoft Paint (and I have experience with that too).

[top]First Signature

Toggle Spoiler

[top]Charmeleon Flare

Toggle Spoiler

[top]Metal Head Grunt Tag

Toggle Spoiler

[top]Dragon Realm

Toggle Spoiler

[top]Yellow Rayze

Toggle Spoiler

[top]Crystal Dragon

Toggle Spoiler

[top]Sumo.fm: Learning The Ropes (June 29, 2012 - July 27, 2012)

Sumo.fm is a good site for this field of artwork for novices who don't have GIMP and can't afford Photoshop (assuming you're not a ). This is the second program I used for sigs, and it took over a months worth of sigs and avys.

[top]U.M.A._Mailman: Hell Bringer

Toggle Spoiler

[top]ATHF89: Lucario

Toggle Spoiler

[top]Green Tree Python

Toggle Spoiler

[top]The One and Only: Totodile

Toggle Spoiler

[top]GIMP: Getting There (July 27, 2012 - August 23, 2012)

I've wanted this program for over a year now, and I finally got it after telling my mom I wanted my own laptop to use it. So, here we are with my dream program, and I may shoot for Photoshop. Btw it's better than sumo.fm and a gazillion times better than dAM.

[top]Purp: First GIMP Sig

Toggle Spoiler

[top]Diagonis da Charizard

Toggle Spoiler

[top]Warrior Beast

Toggle Spoiler

[top]Yeti

Toggle Spoiler

[top]First Vertical Tag

Toggle Spoiler

[top]GIMP Contributed Collaborations

Since all of the other sig makers here are friends to me, I may ask to collab with any of them and we put together a tag together. I'm only posting collabs done from members of this site.

[top]DaRe and Apokolypz

Toggle Spoiler

[top]Photoshop CS6: Evolving (August 23, 2012 - )

Photoshop is an Adobe software that's used for graphics design, photo manipulation, and everything related to that. This is the best program to use for making sigs (as far as I know), however, it's very expensive. Unless you find a way to do some illegal procedures like pirating or torrenting to get this free, you're gonna have to save up plenty of money for this. There is a free trial that lasts a limited time though. CS6 is the latest version of Photoshop. I believe this to be where I truly evolve and develop my styles, mostly because of the options I have with Photoshop and the fact that I've been using the program for the longest time in my sig making "career".

After about a few months of using PS, I decided to divide my sigs in Episodes, to better show my progress in my signature making. They usually are 20+ sigs each. I might group some together into Seasons soon.

[top]Pre-Episode: Getting Warmed Up (August 24 - September 3, 2012)

This was an Episode when I first started using Photoshop, so I was learning some new basics as I went along. The old skills I picked up from sumo and GIMP really gave me a headstart on my sig progress! However, I look at them months later and realize just how much I've improved since then. The Episode was cut short due to my laptop's screen braking from me being careless, right before school started too, so it couldn't have been timed any better than that! Of course, I would never intentionally break something worth hundreds of dollars.

[top]Panda Samurai

Black and white version

Satisfactory at the Time:

This is my first Photoshop sig, and I loved it! This gave me some problems since I was transitioning from GIMP to PS, but I managed to pull through after 4 hours of working on this sig and exploring everything. What bothered me was the limited amount of redo's, but I used that to make myself even better. Not my traditional kind of smudging, but it looks cool. My issues with this sig is that the render looks cut off on the right where the staff is and the line going through his hat. It messes up the sig for me, and I couldn't undo it. I swore I erased it, but I don't remember what brought it back. Other than that, I dig it. Thanks for the render Chambers.

[top]Hunter Troll

Black and white version

Not including collabs, this is my second PS sig, and I loved it! There's so many things I liked about it at the time and so little things I didn't like about it. It's crazy how much I liked it, and looking back at my older sigs from two month before, it's definitely something to be proud of. Anyway, I like the colors, the text (for once), the background, many things to name. The only things I don't like is that the bow should've been blurred and everything else is flaws I don't see by myself. Thanks Chambers again for the render.

[top]xBird

This was a gift I decided to make for a friend on another site. His username there is actually xGod, but out of a joke I called him xBird and thus this sig was created. Not too sure if he likes the sig or not, but I'm sure he at the very least appreciates it.

[top]Episode I: New Age (September 20 - October 5, 2012)

After my laptop got repaired, Episode I started. This was where I was really starting to develop some sort of a style!

[top]Gray Wolf

This was the first sig that I spent serious time in after my laptop was broken for 16 and a half days. I did this for a SOTM, and it was in 3rd place out of 5, not bad I suppose. Either way, I was really to see that my sig making skills didn't rust up over the extended unexpected break!

[top]TG09 da Wolf

Since I realized TG loves wolves too, I decided to give him this sig, as a semi-request. He loved it, and I enjoyed making it! Even months later, I still very much like this sig for the C4D I added, probably one of the few times I actually used it in my sigs that went with the flow decently in this Episode.

[top]Dragons 01

Satisfactory at time Time:

This is the beginning of a series (that is also located in the Series section) I like to call DragonS 0.1! I was really satisfied with the result of this sig, and it's one of my favorites from Episode 1. I think this is one of the first sigs that I used the dodge and burn tools in Photoshop, don't remember if I did it on sumo or GIMP.

[top]Episode II: Transition (October 8 - November 3, 2012)

Episode II was when I started to improve on my style by trying more new things and develop a signature style (no pun intended). This included using different smudge settings, new filters, and improving my basics. I even went to using more effects on my sigs later in the Episode, and by the end of the episode, I already had a pretty good idea about what exactly my style was.

[top]Mech Wolf Guard (Vert)

I was really hapy with the result of this sig... at first. I tried out a new style of smudging, and it lasted for quite a while. Since I've always been a fan of smudging, I think this was where my smudging journey returned after taking a break from it. This was before I was aware of how much I could change brush settings though, but even so, I think this was at the time one of the most impressive smudges I've done for this Episode.

[top]Dragons 04 (Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon)

I found a render for this sig, and at this point, I didn't use renders very often. I decided to use some effects, mostly C4D, with a smudged background to come up with this! This is a favorite of this Episode, and it has been a favorite of all sigs I've ever created for quite some time. I think the gradient maps helped the colors out, and the only thing I don't care for too much is the right side looking a little LQ. I think that was due to me darkening the edges. Oh well, still really diggin this sig!

[top]King of Pop

I got hooked to MJ's music for a bit before I made this sig, so I decided to find a decent MJ image to make a sig out of it. Because of the effects, colors, and because it has him in it, it's one of my favorites from this Episode and all time. Billie Jean is not my lover!

[top]Episode III: Smudge-Ripple Era (November 5 - December 1, 2012)

This Episode was where I started to work on a new smudge setting I picked up somewhere in the previous Episode the most. This was also the first real busy month I've had for requests, so I made sure I did all of the requests! Quite a few of my all time favorites are in this Episode too. Other than that, my style hasn't really changed all that much here. I tried out a couple new things too, like ripples, using a texture for the sig, etc.

[top]Kuramon (Vert)

One of my favorite sigs to date! I found a stock like this, and thought I might as well make a vertical tag of it. The effects I added and the smudging I did were put together in a combination I didn't initially think I could do. Maybe the focal takes up alot of the sig space, but I like it just how it is. I even did the text in the only way I found fit. The two hours I spent on this sig will be remembered for quite a while.

[top]AbSmudge

This was me playing around with smudging for a battle, and it was a big win! The theme was "Abstract", so I tried to make it kinda abstractish, even though it's not that abstract. I was very pleased with the results, and I was surprised how much people seemed to like it when it was a new sig. I still look at it as a good sig, and it's one of my favorites!

[top]Dare Cityron

This is one of my original characters (OC's) I started developing back in 2007. He went from being a cat with white fur and random stripes to being some creature with black fur. I call him Dare Jak Cityron. He's looked similar to this since 2009, when we were both 13, and as I got older, so did he. This was him when he was 15 in 2011, when he got a haircut, so it's not an updated drawing of him (as of 2012). I decided to scan him once I got my own printer/scanner, and I colored him in and tried to clean up the outlines as best as I could. Now that you know a bit about him, this sig was made just so I can make a signature off of a drawing! Not any of my favorites nor my most impressive ones, but it was fun regardless.

[top]Episode IV: Anti-C4D Era (December 1 - 30, 2012)

This is the Episode where I decided to take a break from C4D's and work on my skills of using different brushes as effects for the first time ever. I smudged much less often, but this new style of mine was a little innovating for me and people seemed to like it. I planned on perfecting this style before moving on to others, or at least working on it until I got tired of it!

[top]Charmeleon Vector

I was surprised I actually pulled it off at first, but this was my first sig using vector brushes. I used only two C4D's on this sig, and the rest of the effects were from vector brushes. It was tied for third in a sig battle I entered, and it became one of my favorite sigs. Since the creation of this sig, I've been using this style and vector brushes several times.

[top]Dare Cityron Again

I decided to make another Dare sig, this time without C4D and only using vector brushes. This isn't the first time I used Lens Flare, but it became sometime I got obsessed with using for a short bit of time. For something that was flat at first, I think I did a decent job making it unflat. or barely unflat. Overall it's okay, nothing too fancy.

[top]AbSplash

Sequel of AbSmudge. I made this for a sig battle with the theme Abstract, and I surprised myself with the outcome! It all started out with a couple yellow lines that I managed to smudge on and around, and the rest was magic. I won that battle in a huge landslide, and it got me in the top three in other sig battles too. This is currently my favorite sig of the Ab series!

[top]Episode V: Interval (January 1 - February 18, 2013)

This is the Episode where I first became less active in making sigs for two reasons: 1. Real life obstacles, and 2. Lack of motivation. This is currently my least favorite Episode, and I only like some of the sigs on this one. I didn't get back to using C4D yet, so the amount of sigs with only using brushes continued. Don't worry, it doesn't last much longer after this point.

[top]Dragons 08

I consider this to be my first successful pop-out sig, and it wasn't easy for me to finish it. Other than that, I never thought it was all that. Lighting was tricky with a canvas that's empty where its source is supposed to be, so I don't think I did it very well on that. Overall, it looks cool, but that's about all I want to say about it.

[top]Tribal Smudge

I decided to make some sigs with Tribal renders, and this is one of them, my favorite at that. I like the contrast in the different colors, which wasn't what I went for at first. The smudge isn't spectacular like you may see in other people's works, but the turnout worked out. I might have smoothened the sig a bit to make it look smooth. Overall nice turnout.

[top]Lucario

I did this for a 4 way battle over at a graphics site, and it managed to win! Once I found the stock, I knew I was going to like the turnout of the sig, however it turned out. I went to a more "paint" kind of approach, making the sig look like a painting. Overall, I really like the turnout, and Aura Sphere is an awesome move!

[h=3]Episode 6: Revivification (February 24 - April 27, 2013)

[top]Photoshop Contributed Collaborations

Collaborations where I used Photoshop. I'm only posting collabs with members of this site though.

[top]DaRe Gets In2 Another Collab

Toggle Spoiler

[top]Larger Pieces

This is the home of my larger pieces, or LP's, that are larger than signatures. Anything larger than 500x500 applies.

[top]deviantART Muro

My first software of making digital art, and not a very good one in comparison to others. However, it's awesome in it's own ways, and that's why I still like it and still will be using it in the future.

Click on the images to see the full resolution.

Toggle Spoiler

[top]Sumo.fm

Click on the image to see the full resolution.

Satisfactory:

Here's the first image I used to work on this large piece. I didn't know for sure what I was going to do with this, so I decided to use blur effects. Since I'm new to this program, I decided to mess around with different things to get a little comfortable, and I ended up discovering some 3D effects. Because the site has some bugs, I was forced to re-do the whole thing three times. It was a little frustrating, but it was worth the fun time of making this anyway. For a image with low quality being used, I say I did a very nice job on making it look representable.

Click on the images to see the full resolution.

Toggle Spoiler

[top]GIMP

Click image to see the full resolution.

Satisfactory:

I used this as my wallpaper for a few weeks, so you know I like it. Ingur slowered the quality of the wallpaper, so I wansn't too happy with that. This is the first time I've done a wallpaper on GIMP, so it wasn't until later I learned about Emporting images to png, psd, or whatever file type I need. Overall it's a pretty decent "stock colored manipulation", right?

[top]Photoshop CS6

Coming soon

[top]Sig/Avy Series

A series is basically a group of sigs or avys I made for either one person or different people with a very similar signature or avatar, or a certain theme. These don't happen often, but so far they're fun.

[top]Series I

Program(s):
    Sumo.fm

Series I, this is a group of avatars I made. Originally an avy I made for Feral, he joked about me being jelly about the avatar in a Forum Game, then I said I could change the color of that avy if I wanted to. After a bit of discussion that same night, I decided to make one for myself (same avy, different color). Then I thought of Digitalman since he's my mentor in training and Alliren since she's Feral's FGG (Forum Game Girl). I added more people to TAKE OVA DA WARLD!

Oh, and R3V and Mailman had to beg like a puppy to get one.

Toggle Spoiler

[top]DaRe's Trophy Adventures v5.banners

Program(s): Sumo.fm; GIMP

Toggle Spoiler

[top]Series II

Program(s):
    Sumo.fm

Series II is the sequel to Series I. We once again take over the forums with a uniform set of avatars, this time with a new recruit jondeere. World domination continues as we take over all villages, towns, cities, farms, and restaurants!

Toggle Spoiler

[top]Blue-Foot Bandits

Program(s): Sumo.fm

I've gotten into some facination of blue-footed boobies. They're really cool birds, and I wish I could have one as a pet. Because of this, I decided to make a series out of it. Not to mention blue is my favorite primary color.

Toggle Spoiler

[top]Pokemon

Program(s): Sumo.fm; GIMP

Gotta catch em' all!

Toggle Spoiler

[top]Tagwalls

My tagwalls can be for anything really, as long as it's related to my sigs. It can be my recent sigs, favorite sigs, or even sigs that made me want to capture a turtle!

[top]Tutorials

I would make these so people can learn how to make sigs like mine. I wonder how many people would actually try them.

[top]SHOUTOUTS!

Person(s)
    Reason(s)
    JackAttack For your CnC with my sigs when I was starting up and the continued CnC in the CnC thread and even on this thread. You really helped me out to guide me in the right direction. You've brought me some hope and advice on being a better sig maker, and I appreciate it. Thanks man.
    Fox For posting this, your sigs when i requested them repeatedly for observing and use for signatures and avys only, and being an inspiration to me. You've done more for me than you may realize, even months before I started making sigs. Thank you.
    Hitmon133 For your advice that you gave me in the very beginning of my sig making journey and even suggesting a site for me to try when I couldn't get GIMP nor PS due to restrictions of now having my own laptop at the time. I may not have used pixlr to finish a sig, but I did try and I appreciate your support when the time came.
    apokolypz The pancake man! I remember you giving out CnC for me since the beginning, and you were my first collab partner. You're always fun to chat with and have made an influence on me in sig making. Thanks apoko, and stay cool. Watch out for those monsters, they seem to like eating pancakes and they're targeting you with syrup!
    Chambers35 You've always been a good buddy of mine since you joined this site, and you became a very good sig artist. When I needed you to CnC a sig, you didn't hesitate to give me your input on it and how I can improve. Thanks for the support buddy ol pal. Believe it or not you've been an inspiration for me as well.
    djunglist I've always enjoyed looking at your sigs, and recently I've used a couple of your psd's that you shared and your clipping text tutorial for my learning purposes only. Thanks man, those really helped me more than you may think. :D
    kid420247 Since Day 1 that I joined this site you've been a friend to me. You were pretty active in my updates here when I was still using sumo.fm, and I always appreaciate you doing that. Thanks for being a good pal, for showing support, and overall being awesome.
    Prosthetic You've been consistent in CnC'ing my post recently, and I always enjoy reading your input. I appreciate you always giving me ideas and suggestions on how to improve my sigs. Thanks man, and keep it up because I got more improvements to make. ;)
    Curse Can't forget you man. If you didn't link me to sumo.fm, I would've been fucked with dA and have given up on sig making or wouldn't be as good at sig making as I am today. I don't even think I would've been able to convince my mom to buy me a new laptop for GIMP and other things if you didn't show me sumo.fm since I most likely would've given up and missed the opportunity. You definitely deserve a shoutout man.
    Feral For being an awesome sidekick and supporting me. I would feel like a jerk leaving you out after all of the 200+ pages of VM's we share together.
    The Wolf Brigade Crew You guys gave me a reason to make these fun avys and wear them while everyone else either goes "WTF!" or "That's cool, I want one! :O. " You guys have supported me and my works since the nest beginning, and I thank you guys for doing that. I will make another WB wave of avys one day.
    Everyone who has requested anything from me I don't like doing requests, but I appreaciate those who have requested for me. It may be a pain in the ass sometimes, but it's all good because it's part of the learning progress. It even gets me to try different things and get used to broading my range of sig making, like I wanted it to be. Hopefully I can get in some more requests soon, might join the biggest shop of this time.
    Everyone I received any sig/avy/banner from. I always appreciate it when you guys do requests for me, so I have to give a mention to you guys. Thank you for providing service for me for the past couple years. I even use those sigs/avys as references to look at for more ideas on establishing a style I want to get comfortable with.
    Everyone who has shown support for me. There's alot more I can shoutout to, but I appreciate everyone who has supported me in my sig making journey. This has definiely made me want to do more sigs and share them to you all. Thank you.
    If I forgot anybody, I apologize. Please let me know if I did and I'll give you a FUS RO DAH!

That's all folks. Thank you for taking the time to look at this this thread and thank you for those who were kind enough to comment on here with nice remarks, suggestions, and anything useful.
    Last edited by DaRe_xLw; 08-03-2014 at 03:24 AM. Reason: updating...

DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.20

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

The One and Only

Alright, you guys can post here now. Both sections are still a work in progress, so I'll be sure to update this regularly like I do with my checklist.

[top]Update June 29, 2012

New sig.

I actually really enjoyed this one, currently my favorite out of all I've created so far, as well as the last I'll make for a little while after the next one.

DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.20

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

PRO Member

I was about to post on the other thread, then you closed it. But anyway...

Considering you're using one of the shittiest GFX programs out there (if you can even call it that). You material looks pretty good, I like that dragon avy and that new Crystal Dragon sig the best. You should definitely try to get your dad to let you download GIMP, I think with some practice on that program you could make some really good looking stuff.

This is all coming from a complete GFX n00b, just about all I do is resize pictures and add text to images. I'm not really interested in learning the intricacies of GIMP.

Sig by - ~ Avatar by - DaRe

Zombie Killin' Business
    Are you a Professional Zombie Slayer? Join now!

Side Project
    My (incomplete) checklist, and trophy guides.

The GGA
    Sig Battles, SotW, SotM, and more!

Got a YouTube Channel?
    Post it here!

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by SideEffect View Post
    I was about to post on the other thread, then you closed it. But anyway...

Considering you're using one of the shittiest GFX programs out there (if you can even call it that). You material looks pretty good, I like that dragon avy and that new Crystal Dragon sig the best. You should definitely try to get your dad to let you download GIMP, I think with some practice on that program you could make some really good looking stuff.

This is all coming from a complete GFX n00b, just about all I do is resize pictures and add text to images. I'm not really interested in learning the intricacies of GIMP.
    Thanks Side.

I'm going to try this site out. Photo editor online / free image editing direct in your browser - Pixlr.com

DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.20

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

nice work dare, very cool indeed, dragons FTW!

Change is good

I find it sad how wars start about beginners asking for opinions .

Like many have mentioned, you will definitely want to try Gimp when you have the chance. Your current ones aren't that great but that isn't entirely your fault to begin with. Once you download Gimp eventually, look at a lot of tutorials to get you going

I think my favorite out of yours is the Dragon Realm signature.

PRO Member

Was gonna post in the other thread but yeah..

First things first,you really really really wanna try and get yourself using GIMP as soon as possible due to the limitations of what you're using

But until then, I'd recommend Sumo Paint

Definitely not a good alternative for PS/GIMP, but for your needs for now i'd say its one of the best you can get. I've never used it, but my old graphics teacher at college vouched for it for newbies

---

Jack's advice in my opinion is the kind that will help you the most. You're at the same point that everyone was at at some point, and by having people come by and give you over the top compliments on your work, it will only hinder your progress. So as harsh as some of it may come across, it's only us trying to help you.

For now me trying to critique your work wouldn't really help much

I'd just say to start using that sumo paint, have a play about until you get GIMP

When you get GIMP, start looking at sig tutorials, they're the key to progress and the holy grail of information in my eyes

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by GriZZlyLiZard View Post
    nice work dare, very cool indeed, dragons FTW!
    Lol, might make a series of them. I practically already started one.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    I find it sad how wars start about beginners asking for opinions .

Like many have mentioned, you will definitely want to try Gimp when you have the chance. Your current ones aren't that great but that isn't entirely your fault to begin with. Once you download Gimp eventually, look at a lot of tutorials to get you going

I think my favorite out of yours is the Dragon Realm signature.
    Thanks for your input dsluckay.

Yeah I almost closed the first thread because of the wars (I only closed it because I needed opinions about my pieces before adding them to my gallery, I wasn't sure by then if I wanted to add it here until later and didn't need two threads circulating the same ideas when there could be one. Plus, I didn't want any bickering in this thread like the old one.)

Quote Originally Posted by Curse View Post
    Was gonna post in the other thread but yeah..

First things first,you really really really wanna try and get yourself using GIMP as soon as possible due to the limitations of what you're using

But until then, I'd recommend Sumo Paint

Definitely not a good alternative for PS/GIMP, but for your needs for now i'd say its one of the best you can get. I've never used it, but my old graphics teacher at college vouched for it for newbies

---

Jack's advice in my opinion is the kind that will help you the most. You're at the same point that everyone was at at some point, and by having people come by and give you over the top compliments on your work, it will only hinder your progress. So as harsh as some of it may come across, it's only us trying to help you.

For now me trying to critique your work wouldn't really help much

I'd just say to start using that sumo paint, have a play about until you get GIMP

When you get GIMP, start looking at sig tutorials, they're the key to progress and the holy grail of information in my eyes
    Thanks Curse, I'll definitely try it out today.

I agree with you Curse, I took note of the things Jack said, and unfortunately other misinterpreted his post and started a little slapbox in my thread until I made them behave. It's fun thinking back that you have the power to stop fights that happens in your house.

I'll post new sigs from both the site Lee recommended and Sumo. Let's see which one I like more

DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.20

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Mr. X

Curse has pretty much hit the nail on the head, as have a few others. You need to get a more versatile program. GIMP is the obvious choice being free but of if you can stumble across Photoshop then it is well worth installing.

From your responses you seem to have you head screwed on and actually have an interest for creating and learning. With practice and tutorials you'll improve. One thing I will say is that your composition is pretty good. I don't know if it's down to the software you're using but you're not going overkill on your effects and your focal points are positioned well.

Keep up the good work and most of all enjoy yourself.

the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.

Notorious K.I.D.

I expect huge things from you Dare. Keep doing what you do, people will love it.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by Prosthetic View Post
    Curse has pretty much hit the nail on the head, as have a few others. You need to get a more versatile program. GIMP is the obvious choice being free but of if you can stumble across Photoshop then it is well worth installing.

From your responses you seem to have you head screwed on and actually have an interest for creating and learning. With practice and tutorials you'll improve. One thing I will say is that your composition is pretty good. I don't know if it's down to the software you're using but you're not going overkill on your effects and your focal points are positioned well.

Keep up the good work and most of all enjoy yourself.
    Thanks Prosthetic.

I really do enjoy art, since I was a little kid, and having the opportunity to make digital art, graphic designs, etc is one opportunity I cannot let go to waste.
    Quote Originally Posted by kid420247 View Post
    I expect huge things from you Dare. Keep doing what you do, people will love it.
    Hey Kid, thanks for stopping by.

[top]Update June 29, 2012, again...
    New tag!

I used the site Curse linked, and I think it's better than pixlr. Here's my first tag from something other than dAM.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...01-d55gmsi.png

I had to re-do it three times because of bugs from Sumo. Oh well, I like this overall, but I liked what it looked like the first time better. Oh well.

ORIGINAL IMAGE: http://th08.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...01-d4rilo3.jpg
    Last edited by DaRe_xLw; 08-04-2012 at 07:50 PM.

DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.20

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Nope, nothing

Good to see you finally opening this my friend

The most recent piece using that Sumo Paint thing is pretty cool, keep practising with that program!

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Good to see you finally opening this my friend

The most recent piece using that Sumo Paint thing is pretty cool, keep practising with that program!
    Thanks Chambers

DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.20

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

The One and Only

DaRe's Digital Adventures Update

[top]Update June 29, 2012
    More siggies!

Last update of the day, I promise.

I made two more sigs from Sumo.fm, and I decided to give them to a couple friends since I wasn't going to use them.

I still got alot of improving to do, and I still need to get GIMP when I can. I like that program though, it's fun to use, but still...

I like these pieces personally, especially the red one.

DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.20

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

The One and Only

[top]July 1, 2012
    Digital Adventures Update

I made a few more sigs. Here's a latest two I made that I used stocks for:

I also made a new avatar, matching the Worgen sig.

I have more in the second OP, but that's all to show for now.

DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.20

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

The One and Only

[top]Le Update July 3, 2012
    Digital Adventures

More sigs, and probably will be some of the last sigs I will make for a while.

Maybe I'll make at most 5 more and I'll be pretty much done until I get GIMP or if someone asks me to make something for them. :/

DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.20

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Notorious K.I.D.

Did i see a popout in one of these updates

for the awesome work man.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by kid420247 View Post
    Did i see a popout in one of these updates

for the awesome work man.
    Thanks kid. They're alright I guess.

I'll probably stick to drawing for a while, I haven't even finished that part of this thread yet. :/

DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.20

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

The One and Only

[top]Update July 5, 2012
    Digital Adventures

Here's a new giveaway sig for those who wants it. Just let me know and I'll add your username on it (or whatever name you want).

http://i.imgur.com/jvyI3.png

So, anyone wants it?

EDIT: Taken by LeeMcD.
    Last edited by DaRe_xLw; 07-05-2012 at 05:50 PM.

DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.20

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast