Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Showcase; By Curse

This is a discussion on Showcase; By Curse within the Artistic Inspiration forum, part of the Off Topic Chat; Hello there, my name is Curse . I've been using Photoshop for what must be over two years now , ...

PRO Member

Showcase; By Curse

Hello there, my name is Curse. I've been using Photoshop for what must be over two years now, and after the old site went down the drain I've decided to get back to basics and make a new showcase, with all of my work in one place. I will be updating this from time to time, but due to a lack of free time I haven't got it in me to be running a sig request thread. Not only that but I'd rather focus whatever spare time I have on more productive projects in Photoshop, than the same old thing on a small canvas, or heaven forbid, making and updating platcards

I'm currently into my application process for university studying graphic design, my current goal is to get a portfolio together that really wow's my interviewers. Signatures aren't going to get me to achieve this, I need to spread my wings and fly elsewere so to say. Using Photoshop to make signatures doesn't seem to satisfy me in the same way it used to, and when I first started and didn't think I'd stick about I told myself I wouldn't carry on if it felt like a chore. It's not yet at that point and I don't ever want it to be. So my time is going to be spent on more enjoyable projects. A bit of web design to make an interactive online portfolio, maybe fake logo design and corporate identities or maybe just larger scale photo manipulations and wallpapers. I haven't truly found my home yet within Graphic Design, but the prospect of studying it for three years and then getting employed in it makes me happy.

I've still got an interest in signature creation but things around here seem to be looking so stale. How many signatures should one person have to look at where the wearer thinks throwing marijuana leaves everywhere is cool? (I'm all for the stuff but I don't feel the need to spam it fucking everywhere) The correct answer is 0. How many obvious spam posts should one person have to look at where the guy's simply boosting his thread to the top of the forums? The correct answer is 0. The popularity seems to be with signatures that look good to those who don't really know precisely what they want, without an artistic eye lets say. This bores me. I've got such little interest in seeing it that it's unreal. If anybody passes by this thread and wants a signature, hit me up with a challenging request. By a challenge I don't mean giving me a shit quality stock, I mean truly describing what you want and letting me try to achieve that. If somebody popped by and asked me to make them a wallpaper based around some crazy photo manipulation I'd love to try it. If anybody does hit me up with a request I can't promise that you'll have it quickly. But I can promise that it'll actually fucking look good.

Whilst writing this I kept on thinking it sounds like some kind of farewell message, it certainly is not. I'll be keeping you all updated with any future projects, asking for feedback etc. I'm not going to start thanking people, they know who they are if they've helped me along this path, and the path is leading me to the massive world of Graphic Design

Just a little insight to my most recent works and a bit of a story behind it. I'll be rotating these so once something new comes up the old will be out

~Getting Smudgey~
    My first venture into making a sig from just smudging, I liked the depth created and the subtle lighting. Want to one day come back to this and finish it off, probably try to make it sparkle a little more

~The true Battlefield~
    Made off of my own back with just one stock and a few spatter brushes. Matches my love for the game well

~The Kerwan with an awkward request~
    In my time with ExDesigns I was notoriously bad for neglecting requests and putting them off for things that felt more fun, especially when they were awkward requests. One request was from Kerwan with simply a theme of the girl with the dragon tattoo. Every time I went to start on this I struggled to find a decent starting point, in the sense I couldn't find a decent image to start with. I finally settled on one that needed fixing up before I even started. I messed around with the image then went back to and old style I'd tried but not used a lot and ended up with a product that I'm fairly proud of

~Apokolypz wears prada~
    Another request with the theme of The Devil Wears Prada (Band), a band that I hold close to my heart and it made me pleased to see a younger user loving the band as much as myself. I wanted to do it justice but went with a new approach, and whilst I'm still undecided on the style, it was a fun request to work with

~A Owl~
    The title isn't poor grammar on my behalf, it's a quote from a hilarious TV show. When I saw Dare's request I was intrigued with how to go with it, but one think was for sure and that was that the theme of 'owls' would bring out a decent amount of flow. I feel that my sigs often end up with either depth OR flow, not really both hand in hand and it's been a while since I've focused on the flow. I like the end product and it's definitely something I'll be going back to

~Design portfolio concept~
    I'm currently developing a portfolio for all of my works, and this is my current concept. Wanted it to look smart and simplistic and I feel that it's achieving that right now. Main reason I'm uploading this here is for people to suggest improvements on anything to do with this. On the small canvas page, the section that the player has highlighted with have clearer text and color in the image. I'll be updating this once I've coded it etc. and then start either hosting it somewhere or uploading the .html files. To avoid any confusion, the images work as links to the full image

[top]~January-March 2010

[top]~April-June 2010

[top]~July-September 2010

[top]~October-December 2010

[top]~January-March 2011

[top]~April-June 2011

[top]~July-September 2011

Thankyou for reading
    Last edited by Curse; 12-01-2011 at 06:45 PM.

HDD corrupted u.u

Very nice. I especially liked the Subject Delta sig you made for me Do you still happen to have it by the way?
    [floatleft][/floatleft]

AKA bar by Athena| Avatar by Dare_xLw
    |Signature by Luckay

My showcase

by "Neo Gimp" D1Mech and "Smudgetastic" djunglist

Sigs And Beyond (closed)/Deja View (open)
    Sigs/Banners/Avatars/Headers requests

....IoS King....

Definately a great start at a showcase....it'll look awesome once you get around to organizing it with the final touches and stuff....definately a unique sigmaking style....

Avatar by: cmgravekeeper - Signature by: cmgravekeeper - IV Card by: cmgravekeeper

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bladia View Post
    Very nice. I especially liked the Subject Delta sig you made for me Do you still happen to have it by the way?
    Yeah feel free to start wearing it again Did you want something changing (With you asking me if I still have it) because I still have it

Quote Originally Posted by cmgravekeeper786 View Post
    Definately a great start at a showcase....it'll look awesome once you get around to organizing it with the final touches and stuff....definately a unique sigmaking style....
    Admittedly at the moment it's just a lot of thumbnails thrown into a post, I need to get around to organizing a seperating sections. Thumbnailing all of that took longer than I thought though

Lvl 3 - Bronze

This is some good stuff here, Curse

Loooooove the Dirt and Cole Phelps siggies, my faves by far

Click me for SKYRIM!
    / Personal Avatar by kid420247

Sigs feat: Bladia | djunglist | In2| Fox | Wadefan1
    Athena's Giftage!

♥ IoS Queen ♥

Now this is what you call creativity and actually amazing looking sigs. I love your ''bright sig style'' really unique and how beautifully you pull it off. The car sigs you made are just epic! Can't wait till you organize the layout, I will be visiting this showcase often.
    Avatar by cmgravekeeper Signature by Auburn
    A relationship is only for two - but some oldies don't know how to count

Will Love you for Food

Awesome artwork dude, I still love the Batman sig you gave me a while back. My favorite is the one with the text "The Unknown One." Nice colors with it.

Mr. X

It's nice to see your early work. I can see you've come a really long way. I think it's nice to look at early stuff and see the journey that an artist has taken.

Anyway you already know that you do some fantastic sigs. Clean and simple style, keep em coming and I look forward to seeing some of your larger pieces.

the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.

Legendary...Nuff Said

It's nice to finally see a showcase of yours. Some really great work is here. It's cool to see how far you've come since your humble beginnings. The simplistic sigs look great, and I do also like some of the grungier sigs of the past as well.

^ These are probably my two favorites of yours. Keep it up, I look forward to seeing more sigs and more of this showcase in the near future.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Your work looks great Curse! I had recently made a request in the GGA shop and I haven't even used it yet but I look forward to making a request to you in the future. I can't wait
    MyAnimeList: Killermachine252 | Sword Art Online <3
    Expand Platcard to see my entire Sword Art Online signature below it

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Auburn View Post
    Now this is what you call creativity and actually amazing looking sigs. I love your ''bright sig style'' really unique and how beautifully you pull it off. The car sigs you made are just epic! Can't wait till you organize the layout, I will be visiting this showcase often.
    Thank-you for the kind words, it's weird how I'd never really choose to create a car sig its always been from requests, yet nearly every time the car sigs have came out with a good finish

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    It's nice to finally see a showcase of yours. Some really great work is here. It's cool to see how far you've come since your humble beginnings. The simplistic sigs look great, and I do also like some of the grungier sigs of the past as well.

^ These are probably my two favorites of yours. Keep it up, I look forward to seeing more sigs and more of this showcase in the near future.
    Grunge should be more of a speciality than what it is, some of the old grunge backgrounds for sigs are more grunge than fucking virvana

Quote Originally Posted by Killermachine252 View Post
    Your work looks great Curse! I had recently made a request in the GGA shop and I haven't even used it yet but I look forward to making a request to you in the future. I can't wait
    Make sure you honor the sig you've just had made for you, I know how it feels to see people jump ship straight after you've made them a sig and it's not great haha. I look forward to the request

---

Thank-you all again for the compliments, I just hope that the universities I'll be applying to are as generous

PRO Member

You've got some amazing work in here... You're definitely one of the best artists on site.

Sig by Beam| Avatar by Abstract

No Matter What

That's some amazing work and you've got an awesome (bright?) style that you don't see everywhere! I'm definitely looking forward to more work!

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

Kronicles of Kup

Very nice Curse, as usual. Cant wait for more to pop up

Mista J

you do nice work curse you have some real talent there.

Avy by: DaRe_xLw| Awesome Sig by:Beam|Aka bar by:Athena
    Gifts From Friends:
    Alison | Beam & Kid | TG09

Check out the shop- Deja View Sigs

PRO Member

Two months later and I've finally updated this!

New sections etc added, whole thing revamped/finished

Legendary...Nuff Said

A challenge you say? Well my current desktop wallpaper looks pretty damn boring and shitty. You say you want to do some larger projects, no? Well maybe you could design me a wallpaper. I'd love something based around Derrick Rose, an NBA basketball player. This is what he looks like. I'll leave finding the resources up to you, but if you need help just give me a holler. Maybe try to recreate the magic that you had with your Other big project. Hopefully this'll give you some practice with working on a larger scale, and maybe it's something you could use for your interview/application if you like it enough yourself? Either way, think of this as something to do when you have absolutely nothing else. I know you're busy as fuck, so take your time and push this back as one of the last things on your agenda. I'm really just looking for you to have fun with this project, rather then you pushing yourself to do the best you can.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    A challenge you say? Well my current desktop wallpaper looks pretty damn boring and shitty. You say you want to do some larger projects, no? Well maybe you could design me a wallpaper. I'd love something based around Derrick Rose, an NBA basketball player. This is what he looks like. I'll leave finding the resources up to you, but if you need help just give me a holler. Maybe try to recreate the magic that you had with your Other big project. Hopefully this'll give you some practice with working on a larger scale, and maybe it's something you could use for your interview/application if you like it enough yourself? Either way, think of this as something to do when you have absolutely nothing else. I know you're busy as fuck, so take your time and push this back as one of the last things on your agenda. I'm really just looking for you to have fun with this project, rather then you pushing yourself to do the best you can.
    After so many mundane requests, the first wallpaper request is exactly what I wanted haha

Even the image you showed me then would work perfectly, plenty of movement etc.

If anybody wants an example of what I wanted this is it

I'll keep you updated with the wallpaper jack

The One and Only

Awesome showcase Curse. I look forward to seeing more work from you. I love the Owl sig.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist back in contruction!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop with knuckle and Bladia, currently taking requests!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

No Matter What

That owl sig is amazing, probably my favorite of yours so far.

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast