Checklist banners needed!

This is a discussion on Checklist banners needed! within the Artistic Inspiration forum, part of the Off Topic Chat; Hoping somebody could do this, it's a pretty big request! Could I have: 1. A Banner saying the checklist: Never ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Checklist banners needed!

Hoping somebody could do this, it's a pretty big request! Could I have:
    1. A Banner saying the checklist: Never Yodeling Glory: iiDontYodel (with like, cartoon, anime type cartoon characters, etc. ) (=
    (the rest should be same style ! ) (A construction site type post, like a fence, or maybe a brickwall! )
    2. A banner that says : About Me!
    3. A banner that says: My trophy goals!
    4. A banner that says: What I am currently working on!
    5. A banner that says: My Platinums!
    6. A banner that says: My 100% PSN games!
    7. A banner that says: Closing thoughts, and acknowledgments!

Anybody who can do this, I will rep, and you will be given total credit for everything you have done, and I will recommend you for any other jobs you may be taking on! (=

PRO Member

I will comment simply to keep your comment at the top of the forumns so one of the artists on this site can see it. It is really a shame that the stores are practically non-existant now. Hopefully that will change in the future

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    I will comment simply to keep your comment at the top of the forumns so one of the artists on this site can see it. It is really a shame that the stores are practically non-existant now. Hopefully that will change in the future
    Thanks (= And I know! ): I was looking for a store, but I just couldn't find one that had what I was looking for )= Maybe it's just a low time for artists now.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by iiYodel4Fun View Post
    Thanks (= And I know! ): I was looking for a store, but I just couldn't find one that had what I was looking for )= Maybe it's just a low time for artists now.
    When the site crashed back in November a lot of them left the site. If you want I could let you borrow my banners???

Sig by Bladia

Death to zombies!!

What kind of cartoon characters would you like? as it going to be on your checklist you will have to look at it alot while editing etc.. so make sure it is something that you like or enjoy watching

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

PRO Member

I mean this with no dis-respect to anyone, but it's checklist requests that killed it off for a lot of people. nothing was a bigger ball-ache than getting back in from work only to make 8 banners based around poor-quality anime images

I hope you find someone though, at one point it looked like there were a few newer artists coming through, but we must've scared them off

Notorious K.I.D.

Feck it, I'm already waist deep into Trunksu's checklist, I'll give you a hand. I know it's been said above me, but you really want to come up with a theme for your checklist. Go ahead and PM me any info and we can discuss what you'd like to do.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Change is good

Quote Originally Posted by Curse View Post
    I mean this with no dis-respect to anyone, but it's checklist requests that killed it off for a lot of people. nothing was a bigger ball-ache than getting back in from work only to make 8 banners based around poor-quality anime images

I hope you find someone though, at one point it looked like there were a few newer artists coming through, but we must've scared them off
    I agree completely.

....IoS King....

Totally....I've done enough checklist banners for individual games to last me a lifetime....people having 50+ banners sometimes....it's actually a big hassle for a lot of artists....but yeah I just wanted to say I agree.... ....hope you find someone soon....

Avatar by: cmgravekeeper - Signature by: cmgravekeeper - IV Card by: cmgravekeeper

Quartercircle Forward.

I agree fully with Curse. What used to happen as well, was that you'd make a ton-load of banners for someone.. few weeks later they disappear from the site

Sigs & Beyond [Requests].
    Want a Sig/Banner/Avatar? Click here!

Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

deviantART
    Awesome Sig Gifted by Prosthetic. Epic avatar by Kid420247.

-My Soul Calibur V Match Thread!-

PRO Member

What is it about banners that people don't like. Is it just that artist find them boring or are they harder to do???

Sig by Bladia

#cutformesa

What is it about banners that people don't like. Is it just that artist find them boring or are they harder to do???
    All banners are easy to do (imo) Trophy guide banners are nice as they don't really require much time or effort to complete. You can make them as large as you want and essentially do whatever you want to it and still get a decent result for their purpose. Honestly you can make a decent looking banner in 5 minutes by simply applying some basic techniques to a stock picture. Checklist banners though, the ones where people ask you to do an individual banner for each game in their list or to do header banners for each section, are different.

They're tedious and offer very little room to put your own personal touch on them. Most of the banners I see on here for individual games are simply a cropped screenshot with the game logo put somewhere off to the side and nothing else. I know that towards the end of ExDesigns whenever one of us got a request for a checklist game banner we'd simply get a screenshot, blur the background, and throw the logo on somewhere because there was no room for creativity. I remember at one point somebody asked Prosthetic to do ~100 game banners for him

For the headers it's pretty much the same. Very little room for creativity so people simply make a narrow strip and do one design on them and simply chang (no e is intentional. It's time for Chang!) the text several times to fit the request. They're pretty boring and are no good if you intent to make some sort of portfolio (which many of the people on here are trying to do)

All in all, game banners are boring. Offer no creativity. People don't like doing them especially when the requester thinks that having 4 or 5 different 'cool' characters on it will make it super-133 and everybody will love it. Waste of time. Only reason people did them was to build up the number of requests they got and to seem like their shop / thread is more active, or to genuinely help somebody they know out.

- PS3T OG -
    All Hail The Eyepat
    "If I find out that LeeMcD slags my good name off to anyone else I will personally track him down and teach the little puff a lesson." - LEE200

PRO Member

Wow I never looked at it that way. It really sucks that fun out of what you and many others love to do. And holy shit, 100 banners. Please tell me Prosthetic did not take up that request.

I feel like a dick now though. I remember requestion like 15 banners from somebody once. I must have seemed like a real asshole lol. It is a shame thought that in reality, it turns out that it was the consumers that destroyed the shops.

Sig by Bladia

xbox420

Wow I never looked at it that way. It really sucks that fun out of what you and many others love to do. And holy shit, 100 banners. Please tell me Prosthetic did not take up that request.

I feel like a dick now though. I remember requestion like 15 banners from somebody once. I must have seemed like a real asshole lol. It is a shame thought that in reality, it turns out that it was the consumers that destroyed the shops.
    Damn. I kind of feel like a dick too...I requested about 7 banners from Prosthetic a while back and all 40 of mine were done by ThunderStick. I apologize to those artists and Fox who all worked on stuff for my checklist. If you see this, thanks guys.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

Mr. X

He did and it was the beginning of the end. I'm still taking requests via VM but if I don't like it I'll turn it down. Another bad thing about checklist banners is that you make a bucketload and then a week later there's a request for another ten or something; once you've begun it doesn't end.

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Damn. I kind of feel like a dick too...I requested about 7 banners from Prosthetic a while back and all 40 of mine were done by ThunderStick. I apologize to those artists and Fox who all worked on stuff for my checklist. If you see this, thanks guys.
    Don't worry about it. I could have turned the request down but I was hapy to do it at the time. Yours were actually quite entertaining compared to some of the other requests I've done.

the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.

Quartercircle Forward.

You don't need to feel like a d*ck The only ones who need to feel like that are either the people who were made signatures and only wore them for a few days/the super impatient people ''OMG where is my sig? come on already'' as if he/she paid us to do it. Buy yeah, all in all these checklist banners were pretty boring to make. I think Lee said all that needs to be said; they let little to no room for the artists creativity.

Another thing I think we all disliked were the very bad quality images some people would give you. I swear sometimes people gave me a picture taken from an early camera mobile phone to use as a stock lol

Sigs & Beyond [Requests].
    Want a Sig/Banner/Avatar? Click here!

Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

deviantART
    Awesome Sig Gifted by Prosthetic. Epic avatar by Kid420247.

-My Soul Calibur V Match Thread!-

#cutformesa

Quote Originally Posted by D1mech View Post
    Another thing I think we all disliked were the very bad quality images some people would give you. I swear sometimes people gave me a picture taken from a potato to use as a stock lol
    Fixed that for you.

- PS3T OG -
    All Hail The Eyepat
    "If I find out that LeeMcD slags my good name off to anyone else I will personally track him down and teach the little puff a lesson." - LEE200