Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Opinions anyone? [Another Newbie at Sigs]

This is a discussion on Opinions anyone? [Another Newbie at Sigs] within the Artistic Inspiration forum, part of the Off Topic Chat; I started making sigs through deviantART muro since I don't have access to GIMP nor Photoshop (don't have my own ...

The One and Only

Opinions anyone? [Another Newbie at Sigs]

I started making sigs through deviantART muro since I don't have access to GIMP nor Photoshop (don't have my own computer to install either nor the cash). There's not alot of tools I can use to make anything advanced, so I went with what I had.

[top]In chronological order...

I don't really plan on making sigs as a hobby until I get a decent program to do it, but if you have any questions/compliments/critiques, please feel free to comment.

Oh, and don't be an ass and talk trash about my work without being constructive please.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist back in contruction!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop with knuckle and Bladia, currently taking requests!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Resident PHD

It sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways I'm no expert but I really like #2 a lot. Good job DaRe

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

CMN
    PS4 - Christmas 2014

Dude that is superior work! Def will PM you when I need a sig!

Sig and Avatar from one of the Elite, Dare
    WWE Favorite TEN (Active Performers, Updated Every Week) - Bad News Barrett, Bray Wyatt, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Bo Dallas, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Sami Zayn, Luke Harper, Cesaro

Currently Playing/Working On: Call of Duty Ghosts (Xbox One/360), NBA 2K14 (Xbox One), Killzone 2 (PS3), Remember Me (PS3), WWE 2K14 (PS3)

JINTRAy

You can only guess where I am...my mother's basement

Since I don't know squat about digital art, I won't critique other than I like the second one a lot. Anything that "pops" out is really cool I hope you can get a good computer with a decent program so you can continue work on stuff.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

In2
    January MOTM

Considering it's done with the DA Muro, i'd say it's pretty nice.
    I like the avatar.

Awesome Sig by Beam/Avatar by Me

In2's Endless Dream
    Check my Showcase to see my old/current work.

Follow and watch my latest work.

Will Love you for Food

Yeah I think you'll definitely improve if you installed GIMP for free.

The One and Only

Thanks everyone.

@apok: That's the first thing I'm considering to install once I get my own computer, unless I can convince my dad to allow me to install it.

DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.20

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Legendary...Nuff Said

Yeah, dA muro is not a place where you want to be for long, though you always need a jumping off point. I believe I personally used some random shitty website for the first few weeks of my GFX career.

If you decide you want to continue, I sincerely urge that you download GIMP for free. I can't really critique any of your work because it frankly isn't fair for me to tell you that your work stinks because you're a beginner and you're using one of the shittiest programs out there.

Just look up and take things from tutorials, and for the love of god, do NOT listen to people like this:

Quote Originally Posted by CallmeNasty View Post
    Dude that is superior work! Def will PM you when I need a sig!
    Because it's bullshit. You're not that good, and don't be flattered by people like this because they're wrong. Simple as that.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    Yeah, dA muro is not a place where you want to be for long, though you always need a jumping off point. I believe I personally used some random shitty website for the first few weeks of my GFX career.

If you decide you want to continue, I sincerely urge that you download GIMP for free. I can't really critique any of your work because it frankly isn't fair for me to tell you that your work stinks because you're a beginner and you're using one of the shittiest programs out there.

Just look up and take things from tutorials, and for the love of god, do NOT listen to people like this:

Because it's bullshit. You're not that good, and don't be flattered by people like this because they're wrong. Simple as that.
    Wow Jacko you really are one of the angriest teenagers around. Did you not get to go to the lunch time sockhop with the pretty girl with braces? Or are you really bummed because your mom wouldn't drive you and your friends to the movies last weekend?

DaRe's work might not be as good as some of the others on this site but it is still pretty good for a beginner (better than anything I can do).

If we are throwing around critique here, why don't you actually go review a game since you are part of the review team and haven't done one since February.

The One and Only

Thanks for your input Jack.

I don't plan on making dA muros for sigs much longer, so I'll do what I can do to get GIMP (since again, I don't have my own computer to install it).

Which brings up something I think I'm gonna need to say: I am currently not taking any requests, and I never had any intentions of doing so. I guarantee you the requests you put in the official sig shops will leave you to be happier than what I can produce.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Wow Jacko you really are one of the angriest teenagers around. Did you not get to go to the lunch time sockhop with the pretty girl with braces? Or are you really bummed because your mom wouldn't drive you and your friends to the movies last weekend?

DaRe's work might not be as good as some of the others on this site but it is still pretty good for a beginner (better than anything I can do).

If we are throwing around critique here, why don't you actually go review a game since you are part of the review team and haven't done one since February.
    Calm down mayus, I didn't take Jack's post the wrong way anyway. He did bring up some good points that I agree with, and it was constructive. No need to diss him like that. Let's be friendly here.

DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.20

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Legendary...Nuff Said

I'm being honest here, something that the AI section severely lacks. Yeah, it's nice that people can think people are hot shit and throw around compliments, but if someone wants to get better, then those things won't help them. Take it from someone who knows.

And I suggest you lose the atitude, dude. You've been on me about a ton of things lately, and frankly, you're acting like a dick. Nice insult about the RT, though. I assume you just threw that in there because it'll give you a shitton of rep. Herp derp. Grow up man, you're acting younger than I am.

Harvester of Souls

I'm going to say take credence in Jack's post and again don't take offense by it. it's true, THOUGH I'll say I don't really know how to gauge your work, I like it and it isn't bad to me in my opinion. Anything can be made into a work of art and appreciated by some. So it's not that it's necessarily bad, just needs more flair to compare with top-notch artists. i don't care though how fancy something is.. only thing that matters is the appeal to whoever receives the work and that YOU like your own thing.

If you were in a business and worked for this stuff... then that would be a different story. However isn't the case and for someone starting out and going off effects I notice or least think I do as I don't know what the original works look like, I say fairly decent.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

CMN
    PS4 - Christmas 2014

Now seriously what the fuck is your problem? I mean a guy tries new shit and you completely fuck with him like that? Who gives you the right to tell him he is not good? I REALLY would love to see you try making one yourself.

Sig and Avatar from one of the Elite, Dare
    WWE Favorite TEN (Active Performers, Updated Every Week) - Bad News Barrett, Bray Wyatt, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Bo Dallas, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Sami Zayn, Luke Harper, Cesaro

Currently Playing/Working On: Call of Duty Ghosts (Xbox One/360), NBA 2K14 (Xbox One), Killzone 2 (PS3), Remember Me (PS3), WWE 2K14 (PS3)

Legendary...Nuff Said

Now seriously what the fuck is your problem? I mean a guy tries new shit and you completely fuck with him like that? Who gives you the right to tell him he is not good? I REALLY would love to see you try making one yourself.
    I've been making and critiquing signatures for about a year and a half now. So yeah, I do have that right.

The One and Only

He makes sigs, and better sigs than me, and I even requested a sig or two from him and enjoyed it, so he has legitimacy to criticize my work. Plus, he's not saying my work is bad, or at least not in a offensive way.

Besides, I can defend myself in an argument and don't need anyone trying to fight for me, especially over a misinterpretation of what I thuoght was a good post. I understand that he did attack you, but that's something you and Jack can settle outside this thread.

Please, let's be friendly here before I close this thread. If I'm pleased with the critique I've been given, then who are you guys to fight against the person giving the critique?

DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.20

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Resident PHD

DaRe's right, I am sorry for my post, this is hardly the place for that kind of thing.

The Bushiest Pig

Ok maybe you don't read BUT it does say "Opinions anyone?" in the title so that kinda does mean Jack can give his opinion (basically, yes he ahs the right). And Jack does make sigs ... or banners ... I don't remember. But they are good.

Dare, that's better then anything i could do ... hell I don't have the patience to try lol
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection

The One and Only

DaRe's right, I am sorry for my post, this is hardly the place for that kind of thing.
    Thank you.

Oh and thanks for your input Nero. Didn't forget about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    Ok maybe you don't read BUT it does say "Opinions anyone?" in the title so that kinda does mean Jack can give his opinion (basically, yes he ahs the right). And Jack does make sigs ... or banners ... I don't remember. But they are good.

Dare, that's better then anything i could do ... hell I don't have the patience to try lol
    Thanks for your input Bush.

Yeah let's ignore that dispute and just move on. Better we not stress over it.

DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.20

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

The One and Only

I showed this to one person, might as well post it here too.

I actually don't like this one very much for obvious reasons. From the lightest part of the sig looking fake to the fact that I had no real direction of making this sig. So I decided to add a orange layer on top of the sig to make it look more warm. It's alright I guess.

Any opinions anyone? And please, no horse playing this time.

DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.20

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Notorious K.I.D.

Just wanted to jump in here and give Dare some praise for that badass avy, something I do know about. Beautiful work man, I know what program you're using so props for achieving what you did. Practice makes perfect, and I'm sure you'll be top tier one day.

And while I don't necessarily listen to or pay attention to Jack's critiques, he has been doing his form of it for awhile now. Nothing you can do but ignore it or accept it and move on. He has his way and some of us have our own ways of encouraging artists.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast