My Game Design Creations

This is a discussion on My Game Design Creations within the Artistic Inspiration forum, part of the Off Topic Chat; I have been playing around with a lot of game design programs like Maya, 3DS Max, and the Unreal Development ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

My Game Design Creations

I have been playing around with a lot of game design programs like Maya, 3DS Max, and the Unreal Development Kit. I am taking game design classes at a local vocational school, and have learned alot about what goes into making the games we all love I also use Google and Youtube to look up tutorials on how to do certain things. I just thought I would share some of what I have done using these programs.

Here is what I've done using Maya

Toggle Spoiler

I haven't used 3DS Max a whole lot but here is what I've done with it

Toggle Spoiler

And here is my first level that I created using UDK

Toggle Spoiler

So, yeah. Those are my creations. Creating the level in UDK was the most time consuming and frustrating, and I only did rather basic stuff with it. The hardest part was making that video, just getting the camera to behave halfway decent was a major pain in the ass. What do you guys think of my work so far? I am looking to grow as a designer and really want to work in the industry so I am looking for ways to improve. If any of you know these programs and have tips then feel free to share them, and also feel free to share criticisms - as long as it's constructive. I'd rather not cry myself to sleep tonight

BTW: I KNOW the water on my level is too bright, but nothing I did seemed to take the brightness off of it.

Rise and Shine.

Wow that's some amazing work you got here hellhound! I want to go into a game design trade soon, need to start learning some more soon.

Well good luck with all your future projects. Hopefully get to see you in video game credits haha

PRO Member

Thats pretty cool. I'm just a lowly programmer that lacks creative skills. I can make it work, but can't make it look good. Good luck on future projects!

Change is good

Video is private? Looks interesting from the thumbnail, and the 3D images are better than anything I could do.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Oh, crap! Didn't even realize I set the video to private I set it to public so it should work now, if not just try clicking on it to watch it on directly on Youtube.

Thanks for the feedback so, far I'm glad my first forays into these programs weren't too terrible. When it comes to actually working in the industry I want to start off doing level design and modeling and eventually work my way to maybe sitting in writers room hammering out the next great story in video games. Anyway, glad to see positive feedback.

The One and Only

Hey, I got 3ds Max too, and I'm also taking a class with it and UDK. Good to see someone who's also doing video game designing!

Your stuff is looking really good, I might ask you for some tips if I ever need any. Can't wait to see more of what you come up with.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist back in contruction!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop with knuckle and Bladia, currently taking requests!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

NCBE

Extravagant Designs.
    Made by DaRe

Digital Terror

amazing work, that lvl is breathtaking

Currently Playing