Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

VENOMGRAPHICS | SniperFox Requests

This is a discussion on VENOMGRAPHICS | SniperFox Requests within the Artistic Inspiration forum, part of the Off Topic Chat; [hide] [top] Contents Introduction | Previous Work/Tagwalls Requesting And YOU ! ( Signature Sizes / Signature Themes / Sub-Text / ...

Fox
    Anatolia's Mercenary

VENOMGRAPHICS | SniperFox Requests

[top]Contents

[top]Introduction

First things first: If you spot any issues here, such as typos or broken images/links, let me know.

Welcome to version 3.0 of my shop. Figured I'd give it a revamp since the Wiki codes were added - they can help make things a little more organized. Pretty much still the same shop, though some things will be different - such as the request form getting a revamp, and I'm adding signature size example images - a visual representation of each of the different signature sizes I offer.

I'm also going to list what sizes I actually offer, and what sizes I will no longer do.

So, without much further ado, let's get to what you really came here for.

[top]Previous Work/Tagwalls

Here you can see some tagwalls I've done, showcasing work I've done previously. This is pretty much so you can get a feel for my work, and determine if you like it.

[top]Requesting and YOU!

Here you'll find what it takes to place a request with me - please, I know it's a lot to read, but doing so can make things go much smoother. Not having a "TL;DR" attitude here can be the difference between your signature being done quickly and properly - or not at all.

[top]Signature Sizes

I offer the following sizes in signatures ( Click the spoiler ):

Toggle Spoiler

These are the only sizes I will offer. I will no longer take requests over the size of 450 x 150. This is a personal reason - I simply feel that anything over that is just too big to be a signature, and I'm really not too comfortable working in those sizes.

[top]Signature Themes

I will tell you right off the bat: I'm only really comfortable in Freestyle, and Abstract. However, I will still list the different themes that I know, and you can choose whichever of them you want - but you'll get best results going for something I feel confident in.

Confidence Rating System
    : Very Confident
    : Somewhat Confident
    : Not Too Confident
    : Pushing It

[top]Freestyle

Confidence:

Freestyle is just what it's name implies - allowing the designer to do whatever they feel works for the signature. This is going to be your best bet for getting the best out of your signature, as you won't be forcing the designer to make something work with something else that it probably doesn't.

Freestyle can entail any and all themes - often times even a blend of two or more themes ( Such as a Grunge/Abstract tag, or a Vector/Tech tag. )

[top]Abstract

Confidence:

No real "form" here, and often times, no real focal point either. The best example I can give is the background for the Playstation 3's XMB. Nothing, yet..something. Like abstract art.

[top]Vector

Confidence:

Similar to abstract, but more variety. Often times bright, and flat colors. Lots of abstract shapes. Here's* a pretty good example of vector art & here** is a good example of a Vector signature.

* Vector Art.org
    ** Godpower @ SigResource.com

[top]Tech

Confidence:

This is definitely my weakest area. I suck at making Tech based tags.

The best way to think of Tech, is to think of a game like Metal Gear Solid, or Zone Of The Enders, or a movie like The Matrix. A lot of complex shapes and lines, with "computer" text - often just random letters and numbers in "Pixel" fonts.

[top]Grunge

Confidence:

One of my favorite themes, actually, but still not my best.

Scratchy and rusty. That's really the best way to describe "Grunge". Like an old rusted pipe, or a cracked sidewalk - just think things that are falling apart and really old and grimy.

[top]Sub-Text

I'm not going to go too in-depth here ( That's for a tutorial ), but I'll give a quick explanation of what it is.

Sub-Text is small text that compliments the signature, usually underneath your name. it's often a word relating to what's going on in the signature - or it's the title of the focal point in the signature.

Take the following tag, for example - just under my ID, you see the word "CANTI" in small, Kanji-styled letters. That's sub-text. "Canti" is simply the name of the character in the signature. Another good one would have been "FLCL" - the name of the Anime he's from.

Short, sweet & to the point. It's not necessary or anything, but can add a little something extra when it's there, and fits.

[top]Render & Stock Choice

This is probably the biggest part of signature design. The right render or stock can make or break the signature before it's even actually made.

There are a few things you want to keep in mind when choosing the image you want for your signature, and they pertain to both renders ( cut-outs ) & stock images!

LARGE and in charge!: The bigger, the better. An image that I'll have to resize is a much better choice that one that might not be big enough. For movies/music artists/tv shows, try to get a screen capture/screenshot. For game, cutscenes work far, far better than in game screens.

Anything 1024 x 768 and bigger is preferred, and recommended.

ACTION!: You want an image to have action, but not too much. You want a flow in the image - something to build off of. ( For more on "Flow", check this guide I wrote a while back. )

I can see CLEARLY now!: This is the biggest issue: The image must be clear. That's clear as in NOT blurry/fuzzy/noisy. Try to go HD if possible. 1280 x 720.

Copyright Is Your Friend!: Do not just do a google search and pick the first image you see that looks cool. Places like deviantART and the like automatically copyright any image that get's submitted, so using fanart is pretty much a no-no.

Try to get images from official sources, like the game's web page, or places like IGN or Gamespot. For other images, or renders, try a place like SigResource.

Also, please LINK to your images ( [url=""]Title Link Here[/url] ). This is to cut down on the load times and clutter in the thread. If, for whatever reason, you absolutely must post the image, do so in a SPOILER ( [spoiler][img]http://yourimagelink.com/here.jpg[/img][/spoiler] )!

[top]Request not done? Haven't received your Signature?

I am a graphic designer by trade - albeit freelance. There may be times when your request either doesn't get done, or doesn't get sent to you. My real work, whenever I get it, takes precedence over forum signature requests.

Most times, it's just because I either had too many requests and haven't gotten to yours, or I have it done, and just forgot to send it.

There's also the chance that your request was incorrect - either you requested a size I don't offer, supplied a copyrighted image that I couldn't use, or your request was just incomplete.*

If after 2-3 days you haven't received a signature - message me via PM. Nicely. Don't send a message berating me for being slow and not having it done, that'll only make things worse ( As in - you get jack squat . ).

Chances are, I'll respond back with the reason why you haven't received anything.

*Note that I will message you at least once in the case of an error with your request form.

[top]Banner Requests

Banner requests follow the same rules as signature requests - the only real difference is in the Request Form, and the size of the banner.

I only do one size banner - 695px by 200px. Click the spoiler to see that in image form.

Toggle Spoiler

[top]Request Form

First off, you can place a request with me one of two ways. You can either make your request here ( I'm notified via e-mail anytime someone posts here. ), or you can send me a PM, which I might be more likely to see.

Either way you decide to go, you must use this form. Messages saying only "Can you plz make me a signature." or "I'd like an *Insert Game Name Here* tag, plz.", will likely be ignored.

Name ( PSN ID/Forum ID ): Simply the name you wish to have on the signature. Choose one.
    Signature Size: Choose the size signature you want. ( Micro, Small, Basic, Large or Largest. )
    Signature Theme: The overall "feel" of the signature. ( Abstract, Freestyle, Vector, Tech or Grunge )
    Sub-Text: This is small text that appears under your name. Limit to one or two words.
    Stock/Render: The main focus of your signature.

Here is the form for requesting a banner.

Type: The type of banner it is ( Trophy Guide, Review Header, Checklist or Other ).
    Text: What do you want it to say? Do you want a game logo in it?
    Theme: Same as signature themes.
    Stock/Render: Same as in signatures - if you have a specific image you want used, link to it for me.

[top]On Hold?

This is where I'll update whether or not signature requests are on hold. They can be placed on hold for any number of reasons - either I have something more important to take care of, I have too many requests, I'm not available, etc.

When requests are on hold, the thread will be closed.

Note that when I put requests on hold, that doesn't mean I stop working on what's already been requested.

[top]Closing Words

That's pretty much it, folks. Like I said, I know it's probably a lot to read, but I've found that when people actually follow the steps I've laid out, and take the time to actually go through this post - it works out better in the end.

I look forward to making signatures for you guys again soon.

Regards,
    - SniperFox
    Last edited by Fox; 10-11-2011 at 11:05 PM.

PRO Member

Name ( PSN ID/Forum ID ): Wadefan1
    Signature Size: Choose the size signature you want. Basic, or large
    Signature Theme: The overall "feel" of the signature. Freestyle
    Sub-Text: "A True Avenger" If you feel it takes too much space, just "True Avenger" will be fine.
    Stock/Render: I'd prefer you choose your own image, with the theme being Sasuke Uchiha when he is older. I don't want to accidentally pick something that won't work well.
    Last edited by Wadefan1; 10-06-2011 at 11:02 PM.

Sig by Beam| Avatar by Abstract

....IoS King....

Welcome back Sniper....glad to see you again on the shop.....

Avatar by: cmgravekeeper - Signature by: cmgravekeeper - IV Card by: cmgravekeeper

You weak azz niggs

The Fox is back

I have a couple of requests

Name ( PSN ID/Forum ID ): grimydawg
    Signature Size: Basic
    Signature Theme: Freestyle
    Sub-Text: (no words)
    Stock/Render: http://bakarenders.com/renders/album...Regulater2.png

Banner request

Type: Checklist
    Text: grimydawg's checklist
    Theme: Street Fighter (not necessaily just one character. Like a group of them)
    Stock/Render: Abstract

Change is good

Name ( PSN ID/Forum ID ): dsluckay
    Signature Size: Large
    Sub-Text: None
    Stock/Render: dead space 2 wallpaper by ~SaintsFan18 on deviantART

(Note: The stock was not made by him, but by EA)

♥ IoS Queen ♥

Welcome back Fox! You are one of my biggest inspiration and I am so glad that you are back. I am very excited to work with you! Welcome to IoS as well!

Legendary...Nuff Said

The Fox is back in the signature making business?

If you'd allow me to courteously request a signature, I'd be more than excited to wear it.

Size: Micro
    Theme: Freestyle
    Text: JackAttack
    Subtext: None
    Render/Stock to go off of: http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/ar...2043309932.jpg It's a bit LQ, but it's more of something to base off of. Feel free to search for something at a better quality. The main theme I want here is Dark Souls.

And take your time.
    Last edited by JackAttack; 10-06-2011 at 07:56 PM.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Fox
    Anatolia's Mercenary

Jesus H. McGuillicutty Christ.

Lol, I'll get on the requests as soon as I get a chance. Still making sure everything is kosher in the comp, and getting stuff reinstalled.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Jesus H. McGuillicutty Christ.

Lol, I'll get on the requests as soon as I get a chance. Still making sure everything is kosher in the comp, and getting stuff reinstalled.
    Lol. It's obvious that people really missed your work.

I'm really glad to see you back man.

Sig by Beam| Avatar by Abstract

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Come to think about it, I never ever requested a piece from you Fox

I know you already have a lot on your plate already, so I'll wait But I'll be back soon

Great to have you back

Click me for SKYRIM!
    / Personal Avatar by kid420247

Sigs feat: Bladia | djunglist | In2| Fox | Wadefan1
    Athena's Giftage!

No Game No Life

Fox is back
    Here's my sig request

Name: RaveNScythE18
    Sub-Text:
    Stock/Render: http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy..._cg_render.png

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

No Matter What

I'm glad you're back since your work is absolutely amazing, but I've read your now in IoS soo...?

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

Fox
    Anatolia's Mercenary

Aaaaand cleared. Let's see...10 signatures in about 1 week...I think I'm back .

Lvl 4 - Silver

Glad to see your back. I never got to make a request before your PC broke.

Name: AndroidFox
    Signature Size: Largest
    Sub-Text: One Man Army
    Stock/Render: Link

Thanks and keep up the fantastic work.

Notorious K.I.D.

This place is filled with pure . And so professional looking.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Name: KronosOwnz
    Sub-text: (none)
    Render/ Stock: 1920x1200 Ezio Assassins Creed 2 desktop wallpapers and stock photos

Do what you think would look best. Thanks, you're work is amazing!!!

Lvl 4 - Silver

Would it be possible for me to request a signature and a banner? Sorry to ask for both, but a bit of an issue has just come up and me and digitalman123 need someone to make us banner.

Type: Trophy guide banner
    Text: Sonic Generations logo (link below), and underneath could you have written Trophy Guide by AndroidFox and digitalman123
    Theme: Take a guess
    Stock/Render: Link to image and Link to logo

Type: Signature
    Name (main text): Classic Sonic
    Signature Size: Largest
    Sub-Text: 2 Fast 2 Retro
    Stock/Render: Link
    Side Note: Would it be possible for you to make me an avatar using the same stock too?

Thanks again and sorry to request so much. I only wanted a sig and avy, but I got a PM a few minutes ago saying that the thread was up.

The One and Only

Hey Fox, nice shop you have here. I might request here soon.

Oh and thanks again for my current sig and avy

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist back in contruction!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop with knuckle and Bladia, currently taking requests!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Quartercircle Forward.

Your work looks so professional... Keep up the good work!

Sigs & Beyond [Requests].
    Want a Sig/Banner/Avatar? Click here!

Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

deviantART
    Awesome Sig Gifted by Prosthetic. Epic avatar by Kid420247.

-My Soul Calibur V Match Thread!-

Lvl 7 - Gold

Had Auburn not made my sig, Doom would've probably asked you for one. But since methinks you work for Richards....RICHARDS, CURSE YOU RICHARDS!! Erm...forgive me for that outburst.

Seriously though good work. Your work gets Doom's seal of approval...if I had one. >.< I blame that on Richards as well.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast