|Rhyme Designs| |Showcase|

This is a discussion on |Rhyme Designs| |Showcase| within the Artistic Inspiration forum, part of the Off Topic Chat; Introduction Hello guys, and welcome to my showcase. I used to be a very active member of the artistic community ...

Legendary...Nuff Said

|Rhyme Designs| |Showcase|

Introduction

Hello guys, and welcome to my showcase. I used to be a very active member of the artistic community here, but as of late I've become busier and I haven't made anything recently. With that said, I'd like to recreate my showcase. Before the site was a wiped, I had been the proud owner of 3 different shops, a showcase, and the Sig Battle VI Runner-Up, as well as the King of Sigs Runner-Up. (Lost both times to Prosthetic >:F)

I've been making signatures since about February of 2011, meaning that I've now been a not-so-proud owner of GIMP for nearly 9 months now. I started out small, making primarily avatars for a while before moving on to forum signatures, with a vast majority of my original works looking like pieces of crap. I didn't actually start to become a decent sig maker until June or July of 2011, where I started to hit my stride. I never really had anyone teach my how to create sigs, which is why most of my earlier works were so goddamn horrible. Eventually, thanks to SniperFox's (or just 'Fox' now) guide to sig making, I was able to learn some of the basics of signature design. Most of all, it was the CnC of guys such as Prosthetic, Lee (Renegdr), and SniperFox that ultimately led me towards success.

Tips for Up and Coming Designers

On these forums especially, it's very easy to become arrogant thanks to the constant slur of praise that will be headed your way, even towards your worst pieces of artwork. Now it's great that people here are nice, but you must learn to ignore the praise, and listen to the criticisms. This is generally a good tip for life in general; if you want to improve, you must identify your flaws and focus on getting better at those things. This applies to signature design especially, as I myself am a living, breathing example that by listening to your peers' critiques and advice, you can get better.

Additionally, remember to experiment. What's so great about art is that everything is unique. Beginners will want to follow tutorials, but put your own unique spin on it.

Finally, I'd like to put forth my greatest piece of advice: It doesn't matter what other people think of your work, it doesn't matter if they love it, or absolutely hate it. Be proud of your own art and defend that sense of pride with your life. It's your art, and if you don't like it yourself, then no one can.

Humble Beginnings

Here are some of my earlier sigs that I was able to dig up. As you can see, I was pretty horrible to start off with.

Small Strides

Here's where I started to improve, but just wasn't there yet.

Leaps and Bounds

Finally, I started to hit my stride.

Links Worth Checking Out

Here are just some links to some of my stuff that would be worth checking out if you like my work, etc.

A Few Thank You's

Here are just a few short thank you's to some of the people who have really helped me out when it comes to signature design. Don't feel too offended if you're not on here. If you've done anything for me, even in the slightest, know that I still appreciate you. These are the just the guys and gals who stick out, as they've gone above and beyond to help me in my strides towards making good signatures.

Renegdr: Lee was originally the first one to convince me to get into signature design, and ever since I've never looked back. A big thank you to Lee for helping me find my newest hobby.

Curse: Curse is someone to admire when it comes to creating signatures. His different styles - especially his simplistic ones - are unmatched and have become an inspiration for myself.

cmgravekeeper: Me and cmg got off on the wrong foot, but we quickly turned it around and are now great friends, and have been for a while. A great guy, and someone who has improved dramatically since he originally started.

Auburn: When I first laid eyes upon one of Auburn's sigs, I was awestruck. It was that good. Auburn burst onto the scene and quickly became one of PS3T's most beloved artists - and for good reason. Auburn is a good friend, and one that I admire when it comes to sig making.

Fox: SniperFox is not only the best sig designer I have ever come across, but he's also someone who likes to share his knowledge to help others out. I was one of the many to learn from Fox how to make a signature properly, and I am forever grateful of him for that.

Prosthetic: Prosthetic is another extremely talented sig maker, and one that has constantly helped me throughout my sig-making career. It's difficult to find a sig that I've made that Pros did not CnC, and he's constantly helping out up-and-coming designers with his vast knowledge of signature design and his CnC.
    Last edited by JackAttack; 11-04-2011 at 12:14 AM.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Legendary...Nuff Said

As you can see, right now this is just a work in progress. I hope to have the rest of the showcase complete as soon as possible.

Legendary...Nuff Said

Other than the eventual banner, the showcase is officially complete.

2011 Member of the Year

It's looking great in here, Jack.
    You have some really nice work

Change is good

Very nice Jack, I really like the sig worm sig you made. Nice work.

Huge Gaming Backlog

Some awesome work here mate. Those new sigs are sick. Your not going to get any criticism from me.

PRO Member

Amazing work, man! Keep it up.

Sig by Beam| Avatar by Abstract

Notorious K.I.D.

Nice place you got here man. And your current sig is one of your best. Keep up the great progress.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by kid420247 View Post
    Nice place you got here man. And your current sig is one of your best. Keep up the great progress.
    The sig I'm currently wearing was made by Fox lol.

Notorious K.I.D.

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    The sig I'm currently wearing was made by Fox lol.
    My bad, it is a beast sig though. You need to come up with some more work man.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by kid420247 View Post
    My bad, it is a beast sig though. You need to come up with some more work man.
    Fox's work is unmatched in my opinion.

And yeah, you probably won't be seeing too many updates here. Maybe a sig here or there, like once a month. Just not very active when it comes to signature design anymore. Inspiration just dried right up, I guess.

Galaxy beauty pirate

Nice showcase Jack!

One of my favorites:

I believe I voted for it.