Multiplayer Questions

This is a discussion on Multiplayer Questions within the Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood forum, part of the A; Okay, so I've been playing this for about 2 weeks now and have sone issues/questions: 1) Why are my Smoke ...

PRO Member

Multiplayer Questions

Okay, so I've been playing this for about 2 weeks now and have sone issues/questions:

1) Why are my Smoke bombs/Firecrackers seemingly worthless?
    Example: I see a persuer coming and drop a bomb, they come right through it and kill me as if it were never dropped. When I try to do that as the hunter, I get choked up and stunned... WTF

2) As a hunter, I seem to get overpowered by a stun a lot (usually when going after a higher level). Do higher level players get the advantage? I can button mash square an they still get the stun...WTF

3) I always get countered... When my smoke bomb actually do work and I try to stun, I get killed/countered every freakin' time.... WTF

The most I can score consistantly is around 2500-3000; can anyone offer some insight or tips to make life a little easier?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

!) Smoke Bombs and Firecrackers are very effective. Firecrackers are suppose to be more efficient of the two. I prefer Smoke Bombs myself.
    Sometimes when dropping a bomb its all about timing. When a hunter is running up to you fast, you may drop the bomb too late and the hunter goes right through the bomb. Sometimes the hunter has a lock on you already and the person can go right through the bomb. Then it could be just lagging from slow internet speed or from the server itself. Since concern is now shifting down the next installment, servers are not being maintain as they should.

2) No higher player players do not have an advantage in stunning. They are just more experienced at the whole timing of the stun. You get better at it as you play more.

3) You could try using the charge ability. Depending on the timing, you can go right through smoke bombs whether you are hunting or hiding. As a person hiding, it can be used as a stun. You wouldn't have to push o to stun. You just aim toward your pursuer and charge.

All I can say is that the more you play, the better you get at it. It is all about timing and anticipating what the other person is going to do. Internet speed does has a little to do with it to. Also, test out what skill sets work for you. Scoring 2500-3000 is a pretty good average.

PRO Member

Thanks for the response and encouragement! I guess it boils down to simply playing more which sucks, haha. I really don't love the MP aspect of the game. I've got a bit of a hard head and am determined to get the plat now. I'll get through it, it's just gonna take forever.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by bmj14772; 10-16-2011 at 10:56 PM.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Hey there I'm in need of desperate help. I just downloaded the game to my playstation to start a boosting group. The thing that happened to me though was after downloading the game I clicked onto the MP tab and then watched the little prelude cutscene about going into the animus. What happened after that was weird because after the cutscene movie it jumped into a white screen with music playing and boxes floatin through the air. It seems as though it's a loading screen for the game but it lasted for over 10 minutes. Then I reset the game and tried then it lasted 5 minutes before I quit the game again. It's super annoying because my boost group was disappointed. Pretty mad/bummed out right now. Do I have to play the single player and unlok something or what? Help me PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by weaponx0021 View Post
    Hey there I'm in need of desperate help. I just downloaded the game to my playstation to start a boosting group. The thing that happened to me though was after downloading the game I clicked onto the MP tab and then watched the little prelude cutscene about going into the animus. What happened after that was weird because after the cutscene movie it jumped into a white screen with music playing and boxes floatin through the air. It seems as though it's a loading screen for the game but it lasted for over 10 minutes. Then I reset the game and tried then it lasted 5 minutes before I quit the game again. It's super annoying because my boost group was disappointed. Pretty mad/bummed out right now. Do I have to play the single player and unlok something or what? Help me PLEASE!!!!!!!!
    i think thats just its way of patching and updating the multiplayer, try actually letting load and it might work.