Sweeper - Help needed

This is a discussion on Sweeper - Help needed within the Assassin's Creed II forum, part of the A; I've been trying to get this trophy for hours now, but can't get it. Can any of you share your ...

Iron Maiden

Sweeper - Help needed

I've been trying to get this trophy for hours now, but can't get it. Can any of you share your wisdom, please? It's the last one between me and the platinum for this game. The most I've swept with a long weapon is four. It's driving me insane! I've tried the technique in the guide, but it's not working for me.

Any help appreciated!

PRO Member

Couple of things to try...

• Use of smoke bombs to stun the group of guards
    • Keep sweeping... I don't think it has to be 5 guards with a single sweep... just 5 on the ground at the same time from sweeping (I could be wrong on that though).
    • You can do like the video does to get a spear on the ground and ready... don't pick it up yet. Run around to attract another group of guards (the more the better) but, don't go too far from the spear that's on the ground. Once you have a bunch of guards, run back to the spear, smoke bomb or throw dirt, pick up the spear and sweep like crazy.

Stick with it and you'll get it. The shiny new will be worth the effort!

I remember this trophy being a real pain in the arse... good luck!

Iron Maiden

Quote Originally Posted by bmj14772 View Post
    Couple of things to try...

• Use of smoke bombs to stun the group of guards
    • Keep sweeping... I don't think it has to be 5 guards with a single sweep... just 5 on the ground at the same time from sweeping (I could be wrong on that though).
    • You can do like the video does to get a spear on the ground and ready... don't pick it up yet. Run around to attract another group of guards (the more the better) but, don't go too far from the spear that's on the ground. Once you have a bunch of guards, run back to the spear, smoke bomb or throw dirt, pick up the spear and sweep like crazy.

Stick with it and you'll get it. The shiny new will be worth the effort!

I remember this trophy being a real pain in the arse... good luck!
    Thanks so much for the advice. It took a while, but I got it. The smoke bombs worked a charm.
    I'm pretty sure you have to get 5 of them with a single sweep. That's how I got it, anyway. There were a few times that I had more than 5 on the ground at the same time, but that was from 2 or more sweeps.

Thanks for the tips. I've now got number 10!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Go to Fast Travel > Venetia > San Mario (or Marino whatever its called)

You'll see this group of soldiers walking with one guy up front, a big large one with a long weapon.
    Don't even try to disarm him, it's almost impossible,
    what I did is just go to non-weapon fight mode (select the fist icon), just keep hitting him, he'll eventually knock out.
    Press O to pick up is weapon. Don't start fighting yet. Just run (DONT SPRINT, so dont press X, you'll lose the weapon),
    and run past some other guards to attract their attention.
    When you have about 10 guards around you,
    walk into the hallway (or some other place really small), it's across the big restricted area, left to the viewpoint.
    Turn around, wait till the guards are all there, and then do the special move untill you get 5 guys at once.

I got this from this guy on youtube called PowerPyx, look for the Sweeper achievement walkthrough he has uploaded

Hope this helped
    I got it first try.

Edit:
    I didn't see you already got it, poor me I'll leave it on here just if other ppl are struggling with the trophy hahahahaha lol

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by dj-sps_0 View Post
    Go to Fast Travel > Venetia > San Mario (or Marino whatever its called)

You'll see this group of soldiers walking with one guy up front, a big large one with a long weapon.
    Don't even try to disarm him, it's almost impossible,
    what I did is just go to non-weapon fight mode (select the fist icon), just keep hitting him, he'll eventually knock out.
    Press O to pick up is weapon. Don't start fighting yet. Just run (DONT SPRINT, so dont press X, you'll lose the weapon),
    and run past some other guards to attract their attention.
    When you have about 10 guards around you,
    walk into the hallway (or some other place really small), it's across the big restricted area, left to the viewpoint.
    Turn around, wait till the guards are all there, and then do the special move untill you get 5 guys at once.

I got this from this guy on youtube called PowerPyx, look for the Sweeper achievement walkthrough he has uploaded

Hope this helped
    I got it first try.

Edit:
    I didn't see you already got it, poor me I'll leave it on here just if other ppl are struggling with the trophy hahahahaha lol

That's happened to me a few times!!!