Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Assassins Creed 3 Pic

This is a discussion on Assassins Creed 3 Pic within the Assassin's Creed III forum, part of the A; http://i.imgur.com/gTROh.jpg believe it...

INTJ

Assassins Creed 3 Pic

Nope, nothing

Still rumours so far, but he looks fookin awesome!

Buy my book, Alteration

THIS is what Ubisoft needs! The struggles the Native Americans faced during the Revolution era will really flesh out this character, and we may be able to... heaven forbid... feel for him! I'm looking forward to this.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Breakfast and Chill

Please don't just be fan-art.
    This needs to be real! (but not until they finish Desmond's story.)

INTJ

also this is the first american revolution game that wasn't a rts i think

Kiwi Defender

Looks very fake, and if it isn't, I am disappointed. Gringo Revolution setting = lame.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Looks very fake, and if it isn't, I am disappointed. Gringo Revolution setting = lame.
    he's a native american

so no

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    he's a native american

so no
    One never knows, though. And having a native american assassin with a hatchet/tomahawk on one hand and a firearm on the other sounds very lame too. Doesn't sound like Ass Creed at all.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Legendary...Nuff Said

Eh, this really doesn't get me excited at all. The American Revolution was fought with guns, not blades. That's what I liked most about the previous Assassin's Creed titles - it took us to an era where violence wasn't fought with guns, but swords and daggers and all that cool awesome stuff. When the series started to implement guns, it was cool at first (in AC2) but quickly became a rather lame tactic and didn't offer up much excitement.

I was really hoping for another setting that would be able to give a lot of color in a unique and historical atmosphere. America in the 1700s just doesn't scream artistic like the Italian Renaissance did. I was really hoping for something more like Victorian England or if anything more modern, at least the French Revolution. Something in a more foreign atmosphere with more color, with more intrigue. A Native American assassin sounds somewhat cool, but the Revolutionary War certainly isn't. The French Revolution would be a much cooler setting because it was the people overthrowing the government within the own boundaries of their country, (unlike how it was Britain vs. America)

But that's just me. If this is true, then I'm really not all too excited for the game to be released.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

INTJ

One never knows, though. And having a native american assassin with a hatchet/tomahawk on one hand and a firearm on the other sounds very lame too. Doesn't sound like Ass Creed at all.
    but a italian flying massive paper/wooden gliders while using gatling guns on ships after blowing up a lighthouse is assassins creed

ok

Kiwi Defender

but a italian flying massive paper/wooden gliders while using gatling guns on ships after blowing up a lighthouse is assassins creed

ok
    Never said that was Ass Creed either, but at least the setting was rewarding and fit the game series. Meanwhile, this isn't.

Toggle Spoiler

INTJ

Never said that was Ass Creed either, but at least the setting was rewarding and fit the game series. Meanwhile, this isn't.

how is this setting bad/unfitting. at all

they could easily turn this into a assassins vs templar thing (American Colonies fighting for freedom, British fighting for control.) There's tons of history there that has been untapped.

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    Eh, this really doesn't get me excited at all. The American Revolution was fought with guns, not blades. That's what I liked most about the previous Assassin's Creed titles - it took us to an era where violence wasn't fought with guns, but swords and daggers and all that cool awesome stuff. When the series started to implement guns, it was cool at first (in AC2) but quickly became a rather lame tactic and didn't offer up much excitement.

I was really hoping for another setting that would be able to give a lot of color in a unique and historical atmosphere. America in the 1700s just doesn't scream artistic like the Italian Renaissance did. I was really hoping for something more like Victorian England or if anything more modern, at least the French Revolution. Something in a more foreign atmosphere with more color, with more intrigue. A Native American assassin sounds somewhat cool, but the Revolutionary War certainly isn't. The French Revolution would be a much cooler setting because it was the people overthrowing the government within the own boundaries of their country, (unlike how it was Britain vs. America)

But that's just me. If this is true, then I'm really not all too excited for the game to be released.
    actually the american revolution was mostly guerrilla warfare/Stealth warfare and very rarely was it massive open fields with guns.

also Colonial america has alot of artistic value. Go look some 1770 art up.

Legendary...Nuff Said

actually the american revolution was mostly guerrilla warfare/Stealth warfare and very rarely was it massive open fields with guns.

I know that it wasn't just guns and cannons being fired against each other in fields, but it wasn't like, "Go assassinate this dude with a hidden blade," it was, "Go stealthily shoot this guy when we have caught them off guard." It was a war of tactics, but not necessarily full-on stealth like the AC series is known for.

And I didn't say 1770s America had no artistic value, but it's true that colors were more dull than, again, what we've seen in Italy from earlier in the series.

I don't know, I'm just not for America. For me, the biggest draw of the Assassin's Creed franchise was the story and setting. The American Revolution is something we all know about in America, (hell, I'm studying it right now) but Victorian England, the French Revolution, there's so much backstory to those time periods that not everyone knows about. The American Revolution was more of simple time period compared to the other two, and I'd just really prefer that the series stay away from America.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Kiwi Defender

how is this setting bad/unfitting. at all

they could easily turn this into a assassins vs templar thing (American Colonies fighting for freedom, British fighting for control.) There's tons of history there that has been untapped.

It is bad because it's not as interesting as other settings during the same era.

It is unfitting because the Ass Creed series centers around "medieval" stuff and the 'warfare' consists of going up, close and personal, not shooting someone with a gun all the time. Sure, Demons and his partners running around with a Hidden Blade in the 21st Century doesn't make sense either, but at least the last 4 games didn't have you playing as Desmond in teh 21st Century most of the time.

Sure, it's easy to figure out who are the good/bad guys, but the setting is what matters the most.

The "Guerrilla Warfare" during the Revolution still focused too much around running in and shoot the crap out of people, not about taking a sword and slashing your way through their guts.

Yes, it had artistic value, but not on the same level the Renaissance did, specially in it's architecture.

Toggle Spoiler

INTJ

George Washington - The Assassin's Creed Wiki - Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed II, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, walkthroughs and more!

By the end of the American Revolution, Washington was in the possession of an Apple of Eden. He later passed it on to his presidential successor, and the Apple was subsequently passed down to each president.
    so yea, american revolution is probably where it's going to take place

but yea, basically the american revolution is chock full of story/conspiracies and im fucking bored of europe, i was hoping they moved to asia or america so im fine with this
    Last edited by Ps360; 02-29-2012 at 10:44 PM.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Whether this is rumour or not i'm not gonna buy it. Somehow i just don't like any of the Assassins creed since theres no real challenge in the game. Even so if some of my friends will buy this i'll just borrow it from one of them like AC2
    -Feel free to add me on PSN (Kami_Gunn). Don't leave a blank message .

A Vampire with a Soul

Hope its real looks great.

INTJ

Europeans are jelly

Plat. Blackjack Warrior

NYC, NY ( Or where the Navy sends me :-D)

Can we just say his true identity is Benjamin Martin ( from the movie, " The Patriot"?, lol) i'm so excited for this game to release hopefully late 12'. Im REALLY hoping Ubisoft do something different with the MP mode.

Playing: Final Fantasy 14
    Latest /100%: Saint Rows 4
    Next Platinum/100% Goal: FF 14 (going to a LONG haul...)
    CLAN/GUILD: KUPO KNIGHTS - SARGATANAS SERVER
    LINK: http://kupoknights.guildwork.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast