My little dilemma

This is a discussion on My little dilemma within the Assassin's Creed III forum, part of the A; After reading the Gameinformer article and watching the trailer I think this looks really good and fun (mainly because I ...

The Bushiest Pig

My little dilemma

After reading the Gameinformer article and watching the trailer I think this looks really good and fun (mainly because I like the Revolutionary War era and I like the fact that the game has a twist on it kinda, I guess). Here's the thing: I have only ever played 10 minutes of Assassin's Creed 1.

So I don't know what to do, just get AC3 or play 2, AC: BH, and AC: R or just get AC3.
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection

Regional Manager of War

Only play ACII tbh, the other ones are just fillers of the series or what Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta are to the GOW trilogy.

Death to zombies!!

ACll would be good to pick up as its cheap and easy, also would help you get the hang of the controls and the main storyline. AC:R is great if you want to try the MP and will drop in price over the next few months

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

Lvl 9 - Gold

Brotherhood and Revelations are both required if you actually want to know what happens with the story. You should definitely try to get them both after AC2 if you want to follow all of what's going on. Otherwise, if you just play AC2 and then get AC3, you're going to wonder why several characters are no longer in the story.
    Best part is, AC2 is super cheap, AC:B can be had for around 20-25 bucks, and while Revelations is still a bit expensive, if you can get it on sale, and a "signature" edition, it comes with the first AC on the disc, so you can play through that one completely as well. All in all, you can easily get all four games that are out now for less than $70-$80 if you're patient enough. And all before AC3 comes out. Then you just have to beat them all.
    If you don't care about the story or knowing what's going on, then none of the others are required. You really can't "just" play AC2 and expect to understand what's going on in AC3. Either go for them all if you want to follow the story, or just get the new one when it releases.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

If you never ever want to play AC1, then I'd suggest at least reading up on it. Otherwise AC2 and ACB are very good and important also, and ACR is important too, just to a lesser degree, you can easily just read up on it.

Really what I would do is play them all to experience it all first hand(AC,AC2,ACB,ACR) since it's hard to go back to AC1 after you experience AC2 because of all the improvements.

But then again it's hard for me to watch any show or play any game series without watching all/most of them(even the bad episodes/games) because they'll all be important to the story whether you like it or not.

If you're just in it for gameplay though you can start at AC3.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

play 2, read up on drotherhood and revelations, and get 3.

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

INTJ

assassins creed 1 is terrible in terms of gameplay compared to the rest

tl;dr for AC1, They find apple of eden, old guy that was your mentor is evil, you kill him, abstergo is actually templars, escape to secret place, end

AC2 and the others are must play.

PRO Member

You could probably skip AC1 and still get the jist of what is going on. I would play AC2 and Brotherhood as those have some key plot points.

Sig by Bladia