Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ubisoft: Most Fans wouldn't mind playing as a Female Assassin

This is a discussion on Ubisoft: Most Fans wouldn't mind playing as a Female Assassin within the Assassin's Creed III forum, part of the A; Ubisoft – Fans Would Accept Female Assassin’s Creed Lead | EGMNOW THE BUZZ: Ubisoft hasn’t ruled out the possibility of ...

INTJ

Ubisoft: Most Fans wouldn't mind playing as a Female Assassin

Ubisoft – Fans Would Accept Female Assassin’s Creed Lead | EGMNOW

THE BUZZ: Ubisoft hasn’t ruled out the possibility of introducing a female lead character into the Assassin’s Creed world, but admit that it would have to be approached carefully.

VideoGamer asked Falco Poiker, Senior Level Designer on Assassin’s Creed, how fans would react to a female lead, to which he replied, ”Very well. I don’t get to make these decisions but we know that the courtesan in multiplayer is the most popular multiplayer character so I have faith that people would respond well. I don’t know how far people go in imagining that Desmond is Ezio. When I play the game I feel like I’m following the story of Desmond and I’m following the story of Ezio. And so, I’d love to play a female character. Like, as long as she was cool and badass and moved well. You know, I mean, it would be fun to hear those quips. It would be fun to have Desmond come out of the animus and say something and that would help you tie the two together.”

“We’d always want to go back a few generations. You know, like, when Assassin’s Creed was first created, Animus 1.0, the Templar’s animus really put Desmond in the place of Altair because that was the simple way of trying to keep the subject’s mind intact by not throwing them for a loop. In this we have some explanations in this game about avatar projection where you can scale how much or how little you look like your avatar depending on how much the subject responds psychologically to the transfer. So we’ve now gone away from this idea – we could have Desmond play as a woman. He might have to have some strange quips when he came out of it like “that feels weird”. But yeah, I think we could get away with it. If we didn’t make a big deal of it,” added Darby McDevitt, Lead Scriptwriter.

EGM’s TAKE: As long as it was approached correctly then fans would accept a female character quite easily, however if they got it all wrong then it could seriously hurt the series.

Just make a Alyx Vance esque character and your set ubisoft.

Alyx vance is the only female character in recent memory that wasn't sexified or terribly written (maybe faith from mirrors edge too).

On the edge

If given a choice I will always choose a female character to play with anyhow.....I would much rather look at a female characters ass throughout the game then a guys. lol

Kiwi Defender

This means there could be an Ass Creed where we play as Mata Hari !

Quote Originally Posted by ichris26 View Post
    If given a choice I will always choose a female character to play with anyhow.....I would much rather look at a female characters ass throughout the game then a guys. lol
    Guess you'll never play Gears of War then .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    LOL! I don't mind, as long as she's not P.M.S'ing during random times in the game

Buy my book, Alteration

Main reason I play as a female character.

I wouldn't mind a female lead. Might bring a whole new edge to the series. I can imagine the banter Desmond will make about the awkwardness of him reliving a female's life instead of a male's.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

On the edge

Guess you'll never play Gears of War then .
    Lol, I actually like the Gears of War games.

I didn't say that I will never play anything but female characters but I do prefer to play with women.

INTJ

I prefer playing female characters always.

no matter what.

there arn't really any strong main character females. Just for once i would like to play as a female who isn't oversexualized to hell and isn't terribly written.

PRO Member

I would much rather look at a female characters ass throughout the game then a guys. lol
    This was the word for word answer I would give in warcraft when people would ask me why I played a female main and why 80% of my chars on alliance were females the 2 male chars I had were a Dwarf Pally (who would wanna stare at a female dwarf?!) and male dranai shaman (spent most of the time questing as ghostwolf so I rarely had to look at him unless I was raiding)

Awesome sig by
    Kid420247! Thank you so much!!!

Many thanks to RaveNScythe18
    for the awesome platcard!!!

My Trophy List
    : Click Here

Kiwi Defender

Lol, I actually like the Gears of War games.

I didn't say that I will never play anything but female characters but I do prefer to play with women.
    Guess you loved watching Marcus' big ass blocking the screen everytime you ran, then .

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    LOL! I don't mind, as long as she's not P.M.S'ing during random times in the game
    I highly doubt thet'd add such a future . Hell, we never had to visit the bathroom at random intervals in previous Ass Creed games, did we?

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Plats-O'-War!!

Guess you loved watching Marcus' big ass blocking the screen everytime you ran, then .

I highly doubt thet'd add such a future . Hell, we never had to visit the bathroom at random intervals in previous Ass Creed games, did we?
    LOL! No, they won't. As long as she's not cramping during an assassination, then I'm good!

INTJ

I remember the lower body being cropped out nomatter what.

unless my memory is bad.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    I remember the lower body being cropped out nomatter what.

unless my memory is bad.
    Your memory aint' failing you this time, it is cropped, I just love exaggerating .

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    LOL! No, they won't. As long as she's not cramping during an assassination, then I'm good!
    Oh boy, that'd be some hillarious shit! Imagine the female assassin giving her speech to his soon-to-be-dead target, then cramping, and getting ran over by a dozen guards.

Toggle Spoiler

Stop looking at me swan!

Personally, as long as Desmond is the one entering the animus I'd rather not see a female assassin. I felt Viddic made it clear in AC1 that they could have major problems adjusting to the ancestor if they differed too greatly from the one entering the animus. Then just from my personal opinion, I'd rather not see it cause it's going to be some over-sexualized woman aimed at for the pleasure for men and probably will have little in common with how actual women act. But yeah, the series can go wild once Desmond's story is over and they kick him out of focus. I won't care much after that's done.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I think a female assassin would be an awesome character to play as. In most of my games that let me pick a gender, I play as female first and then male. Except Mass Effect 2&3, those get male chars first. But female characters can kick ass if they're done right. For instance, I wouldn't mind in the slightest if ME was non=RPG and had me playing as Liara or Ashley, but if it had me playing as, oh I don't know, Kelly Chambers, I would probably not be able to get into the story. I mean, not to say she's a completely naive moron or anything, but I think I would be spending more time burning myself with thermal clips than shooting Collectors/Reapers.
    Check out my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/GenCapGaming

Hesitation Equals Regret

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Zeiharu View Post
    I'd rather not see it cause it's going to be some over-sexualized woman aimed at for the pleasure for men and probably will have little in common with how actual women act. But yeah, the series can go wild once Desmond's story is over and they kick him out of focus. I won't care much after that's done.
    People can write strong female roles well

I doubt they would screw it up.

The One and Only

I would love to have a female character as a playable character

The only reason why I usually don't because I try to make characters resemble me, but if I do as a chick, ...

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Letifer View Post
    I think a female assassin would be an awesome character to play as. In most of my games that let me pick a gender, I play as female first and then male. Except Mass Effect 2&3, those get male chars first. But female characters can kick ass if they're done right. For instance, I wouldn't mind in the slightest if ME was non=RPG and had me playing as Liara or Ashley, but if it had me playing as, oh I don't know, Kelly Chambers, I would probably not be able to get into the story. I mean, not to say she's a completely naive moron or anything, but I think I would be spending more time burning myself with thermal clips than shooting Collectors/Reapers.
    Difference here being that the Ass Creed series never try to over-sexualize female characters, so they wouldn't try it with a leading female assassin.

Toggle Spoiler

INTJ

yea i doubt it would be like this

Busty Alita Assassins Creed by ~glitchxhavoc on deviantART

Probably would be more like this:

http://i.imgur.com/5tREl.jpg

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    yea i doubt it would be like this

Busty Alita Assassins Creed by ~glitchxhavoc on deviantART

Probably would be more like this:

http://i.imgur.com/5tREl.jpg
    Dibbs on the first one!

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

INTJ

would post more examples of non-sexualized AC female choices but the search engines i usually use to find images either don't have any of that or are too slow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast