Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Assassins creed will never take place in feudal japan, egypt, or WWII. Also shut up no one cares

This is a discussion on Assassins creed will never take place in feudal japan, egypt, or WWII. Also shut up no one cares within the Assassin's Creed III forum, part of the A; I never thought any of these suggestions made sense as soon as they started popping up. The first game took ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

I never thought any of these suggestions made sense as soon as they started popping up. The first game took place in 1191. The AC2 series took place throughout the second half of the 15th Century, and into the 1500s as well. The whole point of the story is to follow the Pieces of Eden through time in order to locate them in the present. It makes no sense at all to go backwards in time within the Animus, since it would make no fucking difference what happened before the events we'd already relived. The series logically has to continue moving forward in time. And as I believe quite a few posts by Ps360 have already gone into detail about it, we already knew from the data in the first several games (especially the Subject 16 puzzles) that the PoE moved to America during the Revolutionary War. As soon as it was announced as the setting for AC3, it all made perfect sense. Feudal Japan or ancient Egypt would only be acceptable settings for spinoff/handheld standalone titles, as they wouldn't matter in the overall, already established story timeline.
    So, I'm kinda with UBI on this one. Everyone needs to shut up and deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Isn't AC III going to be the last game though?
    No, it isn't the last game. It's the last entry in the main AC/Desmond storyline, but they've been saying for a while now that they will continue the franchise as a concept, i.e., the Animus and DNA diving, what-have-you. I'm looking forward to what they do with the IP after this game ties up Desmond's story.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by AizawaYuuichi View Post
    that the PoE moved to America during the Revolutionary War. As soon as it was announced as the setting for AC3, it all made perfect sense.
    there are multiple PoE.

PRO Member

India huh, can you imagine climbing the Taj Mahal?

NSFW

Quote Originally Posted by AizawaYuuichi View Post
    I never thought any of these suggestions made sense as soon as they started popping up. The first game took place in 1191. The AC2 series took place throughout the second half of the 15th Century, and into the 1500s as well. The whole point of the story is to follow the Pieces of Eden through time in order to locate them in the present. It makes no sense at all to go backwards in time within the Animus, since it would make no fucking difference what happened before the events we'd already relived. The series logically has to continue moving forward in time. And as I believe quite a few posts by Ps360 have already gone into detail about it, we already knew from the data in the first several games (especially the Subject 16 puzzles) that the PoE moved to America during the Revolutionary War. As soon as it was announced as the setting for AC3, it all made perfect sense. Feudal Japan or ancient Egypt would only be acceptable settings for spinoff/handheld standalone titles, as they wouldn't matter in the overall, already established story timeline.
    So, I'm kinda with UBI on this one. Everyone needs to shut up and deal.

No, it isn't the last game. It's the last entry in the main AC/Desmond storyline, but they've been saying for a while now that they will continue the franchise as a concept, i.e., the Animus and DNA diving, what-have-you. I'm looking forward to what they do with the IP after this game ties up Desmond's story.
    I disagree. Altair, just kinda stumbled upon the piece of eden. Where did originate from? How did it end here? A prequel could absolutely be possible, especially with clever writing. And Japan, WWII and Egypt is overused? Oh yeah, I totally forgot that southern Asia is SO underrated. I kinda agree with Ubi about WWII but apan and Egypt could be frickin' awesome.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

They reference the sunken monument of Yona Guni which is off the coast of Japan in the first AC. You can see it written on the wall in eagle vision i think, so I don't think Japan would be out of the realm of possibility.

Check Those Corners

Wow, Ubisoft finally fucks with gamers. Oh.... nevermind.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

They'll have to go back to some period though wouldn't they after ac3? It's only 300 years between then and present? Unless they decide to make a Victorian/ww1/2 etc setting, which they may or may not do.

What about something during the same time (giver or take a century) as the other games, but different localtions? Like 11th century britain, with the battle of Hastings, or 16th century France? That would be quite cool, to see others against the Templars in different places but at the same periods of time.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Great idea Vulcan!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

i'm glad they aren't doing an AC game set in ww2 because there are so many other games that have ripped the shit out of it .. like call of duty (blergh) its better they pick original settings like italy and colonial america ... however i kinda sport the Egyptian idea, that could be cool if it was Ancient Egypt because then you could play as the assassin in the crypt in AC2 that killed Cleopatra ... in fact why not make games based around those characters so it all tied in

Quartercircle Forward.

Egypt would be boring? I mean... wouldn't an old Egyptian setting (in the time of Pharaohs etc...) be fucking epic?

Sigs & Beyond [Requests].
    Want a Sig/Banner/Avatar? Click here!

Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

deviantART
    Awesome Sig Gifted by Prosthetic. Epic avatar by Kid420247.

-My Soul Calibur V Match Thread!-

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

WWII could work, covert ops missions behind enemy lines, tracking a target during a full on battle, hell, that's pretty much what AC III is doing anyway isn't it?

The best rumour i heard was a Robin Hood era Nottingham, that would have been pretty interesting.

Banned

Make one in Ireland except it's modern and all the members of fianna fail are templars

On a Paradise

"People on the internet suggest the most boring settings,"[...]"The moral of the story is: Don't expect an Assassin's Creed title in WWII, feudal Japan or Egypt settings, ever. Also, shut up."

What a nice guy... the players are supporting them, and just writting their opinions, and he just says that the players are idiots that must shut up, and the only ones that know and understand what's funny are they (Ubisoft)... wow, awesome guy ^.^

Awesome avy & sig made by In2
    Rep him if you like them!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Tbh I don't see why there shouldn't be ones set in ancient Egypt or Japan, it would be pretty epic. Sure the fps genre were stuck in the ww2 era for so long, but assassins is a completely different genre so it could work. And aizwawa, really.... from when have ubisoft cared about the story and not the money they get..... At first the series was meant to be just 3 games with 2 or 3 year production time between them, with an story plot already planned and in place. Then unsurprisingly, the greed hits in and it becomes an annual franchise with lets face it parts of brotherhood and revelations not making a huge amount of sense and many questions unanswered, just seems like they make it as they go along now.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Maybe theyll tie in the the war of 1812 :p

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12