Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Assassins creed will never take place in feudal japan, egypt, or WWII. Also shut up no one cares

This is a discussion on Assassins creed will never take place in feudal japan, egypt, or WWII. Also shut up no one cares within the Assassin's Creed III forum, part of the A; Assassin's Creed 3 creative director doesn't like your ideas, Internet | Joystiq The creative director for Assassin's Creed 3 thinks ...

INTJ

Assassins creed will never take place in feudal japan, egypt, or WWII. Also shut up no one cares

Assassin's Creed 3 creative director doesn't like your ideas, Internet | Joystiq

The creative director for Assassin's Creed 3 thinks your ideas are stupid and you should just shut up already. Really, that's not even very paraphrased.

"People on the internet suggest the most boring settings," Alex Hutchinson told OXM. "The three most wanted are WWII, feudal Japan and Egypt. They're kind of the three worst settings for an AC game."

Assassin's Creed 3 writer Corey May really wants to do India, and Hutchinson agrees, saying "I would too. I'd really love to do the Raj."

The moral of the story is: Don't expect an Assassin's Creed title in WWII, feudal Japan or Egypt settings, ever. Also, shut up.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 4 - Silver

ruined. a great series ruined. such a shame. india, really? their ideas suck and f**k any age were gunpowder is common.. roll on the new hitman
    THE NOOSH
    BABAGANOOSH08

Kid, not loser

I think a Japan or Egypt setting would actually be pretty interesting. India sounds ok, but I really think it would be more interesting if they showed the story of the templars an all going back as far as egyptian pharohs. Perhaps a start up there or something, and over throwing the egyptian empire with Alexander the Great.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by babaganoosh08 View Post
    ruined. a great series ruined. such a shame. india, really? their ideas suck and f**k any age were gunpowder is common.. roll on the new hitman
    i vote for modern japan

i mean tokyo alone is a parkour playground and assassins creed has been begging for a modern enviroment for a while.

Saints Row IV

I want Egypt
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    i vote for modern japan

i mean tokyo alone is a parkour playground and assassins creed has been begging for a modern enviroment for a while.
    I don't know. Really don't like the idea of a modern AC. too many games "that you might as well play" I reckon. but for the running, jumping, climbing stuff aspect, modern setting would be interesting
    THE NOOSH
    BABAGANOOSH08

.. Solar Fields ..

I disagree. The new setting for ACIII fits perfectly. I am really looking forward to ACIII, probably more than i have for any other AC title.

INTJ

I don't know. Really don't like the idea of a modern AC. too many games "that you might as well play" I reckon. but for the running, jumping, climbing stuff aspect, modern setting would be interesting

then your going to hate AC3

“You’re going to experience more Desmond than ever before,” in AC3 says Ubisoft | VG247

Lvl 4 - Silver

i vote for modern japan

I really want this too. India sounds really good too, though. I'd be happy with either, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    I disagree. The new setting for ACIII fits perfectly. I am really looking forward to ACIII, probably more than i have for any other AC title.
    This is the most I've looked forward to an AC since the first game.

Sig by Dsluckay/ Avy by In2
    "I know why you're here. And we're all here, cause we're not all there."

Roo Commander

Isn't AC III going to be the last game though?

Btw I'd would love to see AC go to Egypt but can't always get what you want.

Regional Manager of War

Quote Originally Posted by dans303 View Post
    This is the most I've looked forward to an AC since the first game.
    I have to agree with you dan, I was very excited for AC and ACII. Ever since they started releasing the game yearly without any massive gameplay updates the series is losing my attention. Even though I am going to buy ACR for $20 today, which is well worth the money imo.

Lvl 8 - Gold

i vote for modern japan

Hell-fucking-yes.

Plus, Ubisoft can shut the fuck up.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Japan and Egypt are horrible locations for an Assassin's Creed game? Really? I wonder why's that.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'd have to agree with UBIsoft on this one.

Well actually yes and no. Not how they said it or the actual content they are against, but let them make the games and us enjoy them (although I had had enough of Italy after AC2, let alone the two add ons, but hey they had to milk it). And does Egypt and Japan even fit into the story (sorry but I'm not up on Templar history)

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Seriously Hutchingson only meant to say that these settings are overused. Also, Ubisoft is the one that makes the decisions, not the fans. There are lots of settings available besides Feudal Japan and WOII. And who said we cannot go to Japan in a different time period?
    I agree with Hutchingson, everyone should just shut up and continue loving this awesome franchise like they always did.
    I'm back! XD

I'm the Oogie Boogie Man

Well all of them are weak settings for the series.

-Feudal Japan would be very linear and stiff. Sure there's cool parkour, but there doesn't seem room for character development. But there could be epic ninja battles.
    -Egypt has too much desert to be parkourable, and what would they do for the story? Maybe a Piece of Eden bring the Sphynx to life and tries to eat you?
    -WWII. NEVER. Too many guns, it would ruin the whole "crouching assassin" thing. If they try going all shooter on it it will be terrible.

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldDuck591 View Post
    Seriously Hutchingson only meant to say that these settings are overused.
    Funny, I can't remember the last time I played a game set in feudal Japan, or ancient Egypt for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalman123 View Post
    Egypt has too much desert to be parkourable, and what would they do for the story? Maybe a Piece of Eden bring the Sphynx to life and tries to eat you?
    Umm, the game wouldn't take place in the middle of a desert. There are cities in Egypt too, you know (maybe not as architecturally interesting as Renaissance Italy, but neither are cities during the Revolution). And the AC series storyline revolves around Templars wanting power and the Pieces of Eden grant them just that, coming up with an interesting storyline wouldn't be a problem.

And though I'd like to see how an AC game plays in modern times, I don't want to see a game set in WWII just yet. We have Desmond to play as in present, the past is more interesting.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    I think a Japan or Egypt setting would actually be pretty interesting. India sounds ok, but I really think it would be more interesting if they showed the story of the templars an all going back as far as egyptian pharohs. Perhaps a start up there or something, and over throwing the egyptian empire with Alexander the Great.
    This! I totally agree, I don't think I've played a game set in ancient Egypt before.

Although I am glad that they made AC III setting in America during the revolution. Cannot wait for this game!

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalman123 View Post
    -Feudal Japan would be very linear and stiff. Sure there's cool parkour, but there doesn't seem room for character development. But there could be epic ninja battles.
    http://i.imgur.com/4kNwM.jpg

go play total war shogun 2 and then tell me that that game setting is at terrible idea.

Harvester of Souls

If it were any of those settings, I'd definitely go play it . India.. definitely would skip it by and read the story. Don't know jack half of what story currently is .

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast