Assassin's Creed 3 Features Perverted Benjamin Franklin

This is a discussion on Assassin's Creed 3 Features Perverted Benjamin Franklin within the Assassin's Creed III forum, part of the A; Benjamin Franklin, one of the Founding Fathers of the United States, will be making an appearance in Assassin's Creed 3. ...

Plat. Blackjack Warrior

NYC, NY ( Or where the Navy sends me :-D)

Assassin's Creed 3 Features Perverted Benjamin Franklin

Benjamin Franklin, one of the Founding Fathers of the United States, will be making an appearance in
    Assassin's Creed 3. However, in spite of his background as an inventor, he won't be supplying the player with gadgets like Leonardo da Vinci did in AC2.

Instead, Ubisoft decided to play up the bawdy side of Franklin. It's not a depiction you read much in textbooks.

"So we got him in a little bit, we went with the more unusual sides of him. Like his love of women,” creative director Alex Hutchinson told PA Report. He then provided an example of one of many dirty things that Franklin uttered while he wasn't busy inventing bifocals or tying keys to kites.

"He said that women dry out, but they dry out from the top down, and therefore the bits that you need never dry out. I know we’re going to get [complaints], but this is all public record."

Complaints from patriotic Americans aren't the only reason that the use of historical figures can be challenging. All of the targets that AC3 protagonist Connor will assassinate are real people. Well-known people like the Founding Fathers and the British Army generals didn't die during the Revolution. Thus, Ubisoft had to assemble a large list of lesser-known people who died in this era, and narrow down a list of targets from there. They needed to find people that they could weave naturally into the campaign they imagined.

"We have a rule: Everyone dies in the right year, at the right place. They have to be real people."

Obviously, these historical figures weren't killed by a tomahawk-wielding Assassin in real life - some liberties have to be taken in order to make a video game. However, the work Ubisoft puts into researching these people sounds daunting. It almost seems unnecessary. I doubt most people are aware - or care - that the story is buttressed with all these authentic details.
    Lets just hope the U.S goverment or the British Parliament doesn't go ape-shit on Ubisoft for defacing the most famous heroes of the past

Technically, video games has a unintentional way of educating younger players and has the possibility of questioning whats real and fictional.
    Last edited by SeabeeGR; 05-05-2012 at 03:48 PM.

Playing: Final Fantasy 14
    Latest /100%: Saint Rows 4
    Next Platinum/100% Goal: FF 14 (going to a LONG haul...)
    CLAN/GUILD: KUPO KNIGHTS - SARGATANAS SERVER
    LINK: http://kupoknights.guildwork.com/

Death is Awaiting....

I can't wait for AC3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Buy my book, Alteration

Sometimes I wonder if games fill themselves with remarks like those just to reach an M rating. The game looks fantastic thus far.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

#cutformesa

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeeGR View Post
    Lets just hope the U.S goverment or the British Parliament doesn't go ape-shit on Ubisoft for defacing the most famous heroes of the past

Technically, video games has a unintentional way of educating younger players and has the possibility of questioning whats real and fictional.
    Franklin was actually like that, though. You can't say that these guys are defacing 'great American icons' simply to sell a game. Maybe they'll exaggerate a few mannerisms, but that's more or less the truth. He was the representative sent by the U.S. to France when we were asking for their help during the war, and he definitely lived it up with the ladies while he was waiting for their decision.

Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.

SERBIA STRONG

Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

Banned

Lol my comment was deleted, well either way this game is gonna rock!