Upcoming AC movie announces Michael Fassbender as lead role

This is a discussion on Upcoming AC movie announces Michael Fassbender as lead role within the Assassin's Creed III forum, part of the A; Will he play Ezio or Altair? thoughts? Michael Fassbender will star in Ubisoft's upcoming Assassin's Creed film. According to Variety, ...

Trophy Guide Grand Master

Upcoming AC movie announces Michael Fassbender as lead role

Will he play Ezio or Altair? thoughts?

Michael Fassbender will star in Ubisoft's upcoming Assassin's Creed film.

According to Variety, the acclaimed actor has been cast as "the franchise's iconic hooded hero". But of course, the series has featured several hooded heroes, from Altair to Ezio to Connor. If the film sticks closely to the chronology and storyline of the games, it's likely that Fassbender will take the role of Altair or Desmond (or maybe both).

"Michael Fassbender was our first choice," said Jean-Julien Baronnet, CEO of Paris-based Ubisoft Motion Pictures. "Michael is an extremely smart, talented, versatile and committed actor."

With roles in critically-acclaimed movies like Shame and blockbusters such as X-Men: First Class and Prometheus, Fassbender has quickly established himself as one of the most in-demand actors around, and his casting in the Assassin's Creed movie sends out a strong signal of intent by the recently-founded Ubisoft Motion Pictures. The film will also be produced by Fassbender's own company, DMC Film.

Ubisoft was originally in talks with Sony Pictures to develop the franchise, but negotiations broke down last autumn. Ubisoft has since been developing the property independently to retain greater creative control. It's an approach it's also taking with other key properties, such as Splinter Cell. But once the film has a director and writer attached, the publisher is willing to speak with studios.

"We're open to re-discuss with the key studios once the production package is finalised," Baronnet added. "Whatever the financial model, Ubisoft Motion Pictures will limit its risk investment."
    Source: Michael Fassbender Cast in Assassin's Creed Movie - IGN

PRO Member

I'm really hoping they will do a separate story that fits into the canon but only peripherally intersects with the main storyline. Fassbender has such a wildcard quality, I think he could really pull it off as an Assassin!

Morph blend of myself & the lovely Tifa.
    http://about.me/mwilkens37

Kid, not loser

Haven't seen or have heard much about this guy. I think by looks he would have to be Altair, but they could put him as Desmond. Then again they could be doing an AC movie with none of the game characters, changing the story completely around by not going by the games at all, like they do with most game-based movies.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

PRO Ninja

i want this movie NOW!

check my awesome plat list if you dare: CLICK ME!

Trophy Guide Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    Haven't seen or have heard much about this guy. I think by looks he would have to be Altair, but they could put him as Desmond. Then again they could be doing an AC movie with none of the game characters, changing the story completely around by not going by the games at all, like they do with most game-based movies.
    Havent seen much of this guy? He was David in Prometheus...and Magneto in the X-Men First Class movies as well as several other films

The Incredible Marccap

The actor Michael Fassbender was born in Heidelberg, Germany. He is of German and Irish parentage. His father is from Germany and his mother is from Northern Ireland. Michael was raised in the town of Killarney, Co. Kerry, in south west Ireland. At the moment he is based in London, England.

Michael Fassbender - IMDb

Add Me on PSN - Marccap

PRO Member

I think he s very capable of acting as
    Ezio or Altair he s definitely an awesome actor just watch Shame and u ll c

Lvl 7 - Gold

He better not f*ck up the Assassin's Creed name.

>.>
    Currently Playing:|Mass Effect 2/Insanity Run|

|Thanks Alison for the Signature.| My Youtube.

Kid, not loser

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyHasselhoff View Post
    Havent seen much of this guy? He was David in Prometheus...and Magneto in the X-Men First Class movies as well as several other films
    Ohhh ok, that's my bad. Going to IGN it just had him posted as an actor in Hex a BBC show. Thought he looked much more familiar. Should have gone to imdb, freakin ign.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

PRO Member

[top]Michael Fassbender is awesome !

INTJ

Fun Fact: The Movie was almost canceled because ubisoft had too much control.

so this will be good. Anyone watch Ghost Recon: Alpha? that's ubisoft quality.

PRO Member

Hello? 300?! He was a scene-stealer in that movie. He has the right amount of darkness within his humanity (see X-Men First Class)... Everything I've read said a few years. *sigh* I'm hoping this sticks to the plan, though. With Ubisoft independently developing, there's a large chance it will NOT screw the pooch like other VG-big screen flops.
    Fassbender makes me wanna jiggle <~ srs? no brunettes?

Morph blend of myself & the lovely Tifa.
    http://about.me/mwilkens37

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Fun Fact: The Movie was almost canceled because ubisoft had too much control.

so this will be good. Anyone watch Ghost Recon: Alpha? that's ubisoft quality.
    I sure as hell did!! Loved it!! Hopefully, this will be good! *fingers crossed*

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I hope its not Ezio, i liked the character but they used him too much and it got boring pretty quickly..
    Surgeon Of Death

Harvester of Souls

That Ghost Protocol looks sick!!!! Definitely good news for the AC movie . i don't care much for the games, but I can see myself enjoying the movie. Which game based on? OR will it just be some combination or all around original story?

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Lvl 1 - Bronze

How will the movie work I wonder. If its based on AC I, will it have Altiar going back and forward or just going around the embassies for new jobs? AC II would be easier to make because it has a continuous storyline, not one that jumps around everywhere. Either way, they better not f*ck up the Assassins Creed franchise

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

looks like i gotta see some of this guys movies before i make a judgement

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser