AC3 Reviews

This is a discussion on AC3 Reviews within the Assassin's Creed III forum, part of the A; Meristation - 8.5 (Very Good) Pros: Better than ever, the historical setting The naval battle Landscapes dazzling precious ridden weather ...

Drunken Nights

AC3 Reviews

Meristation - 8.5 (Very Good)
    Pros:

• Better than ever, the historical setting
    • The naval battle
    • Landscapes dazzling precious ridden weather effects
    • Parts with Desmond, interesting and different
    • Hundreds of schools, clubs, caravans, hunting, small puzzles, racing ...
    • The sound section

Cons:

• Lots of bugs and physical errors
    • Start slow and lengthy tutorials packed presentations
    • The enemy AI in combat
    • Cropped draw distance over previous AC

Assassin's Creed III Analysis PlayStation 3 | MeriStation.com
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Italy's Xbox 360 Magazine - (10/10 - Masterpiece)

“An absolute masterpiece to which the experience remains indispensable for any fan of video games and beyond, with a depth of gameplay and longevity unparalleled in the action scene, a game that will remain in the annals for a long time.”

Italy’s Xbox 360 Magazine concluded by proclaiming that Assassin’s Creed III is one of the best games of this generation and handed out a perfect 10/10 score.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS3gen.net - (19/20)

Pros:

• A scenario rich
    • A charismatic hero
    • Graphics breathtaking
    • Immense cards
    • The American Revolution
    • Historical figures

Cons:

• The combat system is too focused on blocking / attacks against

In conclusion, if this year you need to buy one game, it would be Assassin's Creed III . Although it is best to start with the first episode and follow the plot of the series, this album offers a small retrospective way of introduction, which allows novices to learn the history and fans to get back into bath. In addition, the story takes about 40 hours for 100% completion, but less bitter of us will come to end by passing 15 to 20 h.

http://translate.google.ca/translate...e-28777-4.html
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Ghost; 10-29-2012 at 03:08 PM.

Resident PHD

How did it get an 8.5/10? The cons you listed far outweigh the pros. That is why I hate numbered reviews, because that is all people look at. I mean Ubisoft is throwing a lot of money around for this game so no one in their right mind will give it a bad score, but if you read what you wrote then this game sounds terrible.

Lots of glitches and bugs and bad AI are two things that I do not accept from games. If I want a good story I will watch a movie or read a book (and from what I have played of AC the story sucks anyways).

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Drunken Nights

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    How did it get an 8.5/10? The cons you listed far outweigh the pros. That is why I hate numbered reviews, because that is all people look at. I mean Ubisoft is throwing a lot of money around for this game so no one in their right mind will give it a bad score, but if you read what you wrote then this game sounds terrible.

Lots of glitches and bugs and bad AI are two things that I do not accept from games. If I want a good story I will watch a movie or read a book (and from what I have played of AC the story sucks anyways).
    You mean the cons they listed. Those pros and cons are taken directly off the site on page 4.

Crocodile Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post

Id say the reviewers got a BETA/unpolished copy of it. If I was ubi id read this and then work on polishing it

Sig by Apokolypz

Lord of all Goat-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    Id say the reviewers got a BETA/unpolished copy of it. If I was ubi id read this and then work on polishing it
    That'd be a pretty unprofessional thing to do. Surely if they had reviewed an unfinished copy they would have included that at some point in the review, like "there are various physics bugs, but they should be fixed by the time the game goes Gold."

Also, @Mayus, I agree, scores are completely arbitrary, and are often not informed by the actual review. Those cons listed definitely don't warrant an 8.5.

Still looking forward to this game though

INTJ

review copies don't have day 1 patches and such

also it depends on what the glitches are, if they are game breaking it's bad. if it's skate 3/Bethesda quality glitches ill laugh my ass off and it will actually improve my gameplay experience.

Game on....

What the hell is menstation.com? Like i am going to listen to a review from them

Change is mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    What the hell is menstation.com? Like i am going to listen to a review from them
    MeriStation.

And like others have said, if there are bugs and the enemy AI isn't good during combat it shouldn't have gotten an 8.5 just because the game "looks and sounds purty "

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    MeriStation.

And like others have said, if there are bugs and the enemy AI isn't good during combat it shouldn't have gotten an 8.5 just because the game "looks and sounds purty "
    Well i would rather wait for more reviews before everyone jumps on the 'this game sucks' bandwagon...

Change is mediocre

Well i would rather wait for more reviews before everyone jumps on the 'this game sucks' bandwagon...
    I'm sure people will. If they base their decision on this review alone then they're a fool. You're suppose to gather a bunch of reviews, and look at what they've said about the game to decide properly in my opinion.

Legendary...Nuff Said

Since when does an 8.5/10 equate to "this game sucks." A score like that is extremely favorable.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    Since when does an 8.5/10 equate to "this game sucks." A score like that is extremely favorable.
    I was referring to previous posts by some of the other members about the OP in regards to the cons in the review.

INTJ

the combat has always been terrible in assassins creed when it involves close combat anyway.

it's just a giant counter attack fest and it was never fixed in any of the AC games.

PRO Member

Is meristation and is a very Good spanish review website xD
    Imo 1 of the best review websites

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    the combat has always been terrible in assassins creed when it involves close combat anyway.

it's just a giant counter attack fest and it was never fixed in any of the AC games.
    Here comes the voice of Nintendo sanity...i was waiting for you to come into this thread and say something negative.

Change is mediocre

Here comes the voice of Nintendo sanity...i was waiting for you to come into this thread and say something negative.
    You can't possibly disagree with Ps360 here.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Its is true the combat is a counter attack fest

Threat

It's a little too late to start polishing it...
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    You can't possibly disagree with Ps360 here.
    Maybe not but i would hate to agree with him

Quote Originally Posted by Dottyhead View Post
    Its is true the combat is a counter attack fest
    Yeah but the combat has got much better since the original AC game.

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    It's a little too late to start polishing it...
    Not if you get a duster and a can of furniture polish it ain't.

Drunken Nights

There's a 4.5GB install that is not optional which should primarily fix performance of the game and loading times. Additionally, Ubisoft has released the first patch for the game, which is available when the game starts to download. What does the small 15MB update is not known.

Google Übersetzer