View Poll Results: "How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?"

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Easy

0 0%
  • Easy

8 17.02%
  • Moderate

31 65.96%
  • Hard

8 17.02%
  • Very Hard

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Assassin's Creed III forum, part of the A; (banner image pending) This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please ...

The Incredible Marccap

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

(banner image pending)

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were very easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Add Me on PSN - Marccap

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'd say moderate. Nothing about the game is too challenging at all except for reaching level 20 on the multiplayer that I'm not too fond of. If anything, the Plat is just going to be pretty time consuming.
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" -Epicurus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PRO Member

I'm level 16 or so on multiplayer, and it only took a 5-6 hours. Unless you totally blow at it, it shouldn't be that hard. Also there's now the 'wolfpack' mode, where you're not farming other players, yet working together to kill groups of NPCs, and you do get MP xp from it.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Lvl 5 - Silver

I voted moderate because while it wasnt all that challenging finding certain things was WAY more of a grind then it needed to be. also with things disappearing and having to re-find them after a few sequences sucked because who is going to remember where that one guy is.

An old-fashioned cowboy

Moderate. Between 100% syncing all the missions, completing everything for all the clubs, and finding all the collectibles you're looking at a game that's more time consuming than it is difficult. 100% syncing missions this time around isn't nearly as tedious as it was in the previous two games since they're now checkpoints in most missions (the ones that don't have them are usually very short to begin with). The MP is alot easier this time around then the previous two games since this time they introduced a new game mode: Wolfpack. It's insanely easy to rack up xp playing by yourself and even easier if you play with a friend. It took me a little under 4 hours to reach level 20 playing with a friend.

The one trophy that I think will stop alot of people from the is the Original Gamer trophy. I must have wasted a good 2 hours trying to win a game of fanora on the homestead.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

This is easily a moderate difficulty. However, the many glitches make the game pretty hard to get, or sometimes require a second playthrough as with the encyclopedia glitches.

The primary job you'll be doing for this one is the dozens of fetch quests as is par for the course with AC games.

The MP trophies are pretty easy. Getting to level 20 is easy since you can do wolfpack solo.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Moderate. No really difficult moments, except several synchronizations. Couple were very hard due to glitches, took around 10 retries. Couple, including naval mission, were hard by itself, 3-4 retries. Everything else was more a matter of grinding and spending time without making any strategies. Mp level 20 can be achieved in several hours, other mp trophies are very easy.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I voted easy the platinum wasn't difficult at all i completed sp to 100 % in 55 hours. It is great game but it just too short. Multiplayer is extremly fun.

DELTA CUBES, DELTA CUBES!

I voted Moderate.
    As of now, its a bit glitchy.. and some parts, like having to stand on top of certain people for missions to unlock on the map are ridiculous... You have to look up their locations online or spend hours running around aimlessly.
    The original gamer was an absolute pain in the ass, as was the Extraordinary man one, I swear those damn Lumberer's never did anything but go fishing, smoke, drink at the inn, and take naps. lol

The worst part after the glitches for me was the multiplayer, but thats not hard... just frustrating. TONs of little kids playing yelling on mics while they are lvl 1-5 and have the high level add ons (smoke bombs, poison darts, etc..) you could play wolfpack to get there, but its tons faster to just do Domination or something like that... even if you go 5/10 K/D you still get around 5,000 EXP.
    Avy by DaRe_xLw

> Restart Button <

I voted for moderate. Its not that its actually difficult to Platinum AC3, it just takes awhile and a lot of missions. The only thing that was really difficult by a stretch was winning Morris for Original Gamer.

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 1 - Bronze

its moderate

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by MatejPuk1997 View Post
    I voted easy the platinum wasn't difficult at all i completed sp to 100 % in 55 hours. It is great game but it just too short. Multiplayer is extremly fun.
    ^^This. There were a couple frustrating parts like The Giant and The Sea but even that was just needing patience.
    [/URL]

Top 10 's
    Red Dead Redemption Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood Dragon Age: Origins Demons Souls
    Grand Theft Auto IV God of War III Assassins Creed II Heavy Rain Tekken 6 Mafia II

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirDrRoger View Post
    Moderate. Between 100% syncing all the missions, completing everything for all the clubs, and finding all the collectibles you're looking at a game that's more time consuming than it is difficult. 100% syncing missions this time around isn't nearly as tedious as it was in the previous two games since they're now checkpoints in most missions (the ones that don't have them are usually very short to begin with). The MP is alot easier this time around then the previous two games since this time they introduced a new game mode: Wolfpack. It's insanely easy to rack up xp playing by yourself and even easier if you play with a friend. It took me a little under 4 hours to reach level 20 playing with a friend.

The one trophy that I think will stop alot of people from the is the Original Gamer trophy. I must have wasted a good 2 hours trying to win a game of fanora on the homestead.
    I agree with this but I'm going to say easy because Original Gamer is actually really easy once you know how to play them mini games, although I do admit I didn't have a clue wtf was going on at first lol.
    Also the game is time consuming but if you enjoy AC it won't feel as time consuming, and compared to a game like Bleach this is not really time consuming at all.

Sig by Smashguy

Lvl 7 - Gold

Hard - The optional objectives in this one drove me crazy. Getting 'Extraordinary Man' sucked and beating the three games sucked. And I was always concerned that something was gonna glitch and rob me of the plat. Because I most certainly was not starting another game to try again if that was the case. like SirDrRoger said, the 'Original Gamer' trophy was very close to being a deal breaker for me. Morris was the game that gave me fits. I found Fanorona to be kinda fun actually and Bowls was dull as hell but not difficult to beat.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Abit buggy, alil lengthy or slow at times and some of the side missions are a pain to 100%, but no where close to a Riddick plat lol (still fun though)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

MODERATE (3). The game is not hard, but just need time to work on. I completed the 100% sync in 50 hours, which mostly wasted on completing challenges, side missions, collecting stuff, hunting, and farming money through convoys. The game is a little repetitive and boring to me. Although I like the new component of having naval missions, I found it to be a little glitchy on some occasions. As far as the difficulties, the single player has some moments where I have to repeat mission just to get 100% sync, which is normal. Do not expect the game too easy or too hard, it is just simply "do-able," just like other AC's sequels. As far as the multi-player, the trophies are not bad at all. I completed all within 5-7 hours playing death-matches and wolf-packs. With patience and available trophy guide, everybody should be able to complete this.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

3/5 MODERATE... This game will require you to just focus on one task at a time. If you focus on completing each task as you go along, it should be no problem to platinum. Some of the 100% sync requirements are a little tough, but after a few replays everything is do-able. It took me roughly 60 hours to complete single player and multiplayer combined. Overall, this is a pretty fun trophy list and an awesome game.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    I agree with this but I'm going to say easy because Original Gamer is actually really easy once you know how to play them mini games, although I do admit I didn't have a clue wtf was going on at first lol.
    Also the game is time consuming but if you enjoy AC it won't feel as time consuming, and compared to a game like Bleach this is not really time consuming at all.
    This ^^^ pretty much in a nut shell. Game wasn't hard by no means, but full of glitches. A shame, because this one was the first that they've released like that. Cheaper to not pay game testers and let the public do it for free. This, is one reason why day one buys are going to be a thing of the past for me.

The wolfpack mode makes getting to lvl 20 a breeze. I've done all 25 lvls solo atleast 7 times with an average of 30K per run. Easy peezy, hopefully this mode is in all future AC titles. Loved it
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

PRO Member

Yeah this one kinda was pain. I ended up giving this (Hard)
    The pure difficulty of the game is moderate, but the time and effort getting everything for the platinum is both boring and funn and wery time consuming this is the reason why i ended up on hard. For me time also makes the difficulty pop up a nutch.

Yeah the hunting club was pretty straight forward, but finding every animal in each land was boring and someplaces i ended up running around 30min or so to find the last animal.

Fighting club and thives club was pretty easy.
    Delivery was nothing difficulty, but again finding every item or creating it was time consuming.
    And for the rest finding every shortcut and every eagle thing again nothing difficulty, but time consuming.

As far as the mission's they was not that difficult to optain full synks. The boat mission was pretty easy, but 2 of them gave me some pain! 1 was when you need to protect your ships and you have 4 enemy ships attack them. The other i think is the last mission when you need to shoot the ships gunpowder keegs.

As far as the mini games i actually enjoyd them. The one (commen man trophie) was again time consuming.
    This game is great and i think it's the best of ac series or one of the best's one's out there.

Mp trophies was pretty easy as you could do most of them solo. The 3 hacked version i diden't actually understand, but at somepoint the trophie poped anyway.

Game on....

I voted moderate because the only trophy i struggled with was the bronze trophy 'original gamer'. Only the bowls mini-game was the game i didn't have any problems with. Also the game has mountains of stuff to do to get the platinum trophy. I put in nearly fifty hours to get the plat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast