ACIII Digital Download and the Online Pass

This is a discussion on ACIII Digital Download and the Online Pass within the Assassin's Creed III forum, part of the A; Hey folks, I'm wondering if there's anyone out there who could offer me any information? Basically I'm planning on purchasing ...

Nope, nothing

ACIII Digital Download and the Online Pass

Hey folks, I'm wondering if there's anyone out there who could offer me any information?

Basically I'm planning on purchasing the Digital copy of Assassin's Creed III and I'm wondering how the Online Pass will work with this

I'll be buying it on my US account, then switching over to my EU one to play it. Do you think the Pass might just download straight to my US account thus prevent me from accessing the online on my EU account?

And are the Online Passes restricted to one account, or is it one PS3?

Any information will be greatly appreciated, and may even be rewarded with some blunt rep

Lvl 9 - Gold

Hmm Personally i wouldnt risk it with a seasons pass I'd personally buy a disc copy of the game and then get the season pass from your actual store (the Digi DL is 99 dollars here and actual copy is only like 78-88)

I'm not sure if theyre restricted to your account though but ive had a few issues with my area ones asking me to pay for stuff, like the max payne rockstar pass and the borderlands one, i just had to reboot my Ps3 and it loaded up saying it was free though.

Throwing two different localities may mix it up, or with some DLC its BLES related so it may only be buyable on your EU profile

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Waystedyou View Post
    Hmm Personally i wouldnt risk it with a seasons pass I'd personally buy a disc copy of the game and then get the season pass from your actual store (the Digi DL is 99 dollars here and actual copy is only like 78-88)

I'm not sure if theyre restricted to your account though but ive had a few issues with my area ones asking me to pay for stuff, like the max payne rockstar pass and the borderlands one, i just had to reboot my Ps3 and it loaded up saying it was free though.

Throwing two different localities may mix it up, or with some DLC its BLES related so it may only be buyable on your EU profile
    I'd much prefer the disc, no doubt about it, it's just I've been saving up some $ PSN Cards so it'll save me actual money if I get it this way.

Yeah I'm not entirely sure either, these passes are just damn annoying. I mean, if the pass is a separate download it might work fine as it'll install to my EU account. But it might download and install straight away to my US one

I'm not even that bothered about playing the multiplayer, so it's not that big of a deal. I'd just prefer to be able to play it if I wanted, you know?

Thanks very much for the reply.

Death to zombies!!

I will try playing MP on my US account later and let you know. I have the disc version though so mite be a little different

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    I'd much prefer the disc, no doubt about it, it's just I've been saving up some $ PSN Cards so it'll save me actual money if I get it this way.

Yeah I'm not entirely sure either, these passes are just damn annoying. I mean, if the pass is a separate download it might work fine as it'll install to my EU account. But it might download and install straight away to my US one

I'm not even that bothered about playing the multiplayer, so it's not that big of a deal. I'd just prefer to be able to play it if I wanted, you know?

Thanks very much for the reply.
    Yeah i got the rockstar pass for max payne 3 because i liked their other games and going off their DLC from red dead redemption i thought it would be great, now they made the DLC end up costing the same as the pass pretty much lol, and the Multiplayer is pretty much dead, it is a pretty awesome game if they had of fixed all the bugs in multiplayer/singleplayer.

Theyre nice to have normally though as you end up saving some money though.

It would just be a waste if your trying to save cash doing it this way to have it not work at all, then youd have no DLC to play and have to rebuy it or something.

No Game No Life

Right now I don't know if it's just me but I can't seem to redeem my online pass. I asked my friends and they also said the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Hey folks, I'm wondering if there's anyone out there who could offer me any information?

Basically I'm planning on purchasing the Digital copy of Assassin's Creed III and I'm wondering how the Online Pass will work with this

I'll be buying it on my US account, then switching over to my EU one to play it. Do you think the Pass might just download straight to my US account thus prevent me from accessing the online on my EU account?

And are the Online Passes restricted to one account, or is it one PS3?

Any information will be greatly appreciated, and may even be rewarded with some blunt rep
    I have information on this though. I have an EU account right? You see in Revelations, I tried to play the MP but it was asking for a pass. I have a US disc so that means my pass can only be redeemed by using a US account. I managed to redeem it and tried it out and I can play the MP just fine on that US account. Now I tried it out with my EU account and I also now have access to the MP.

This is also the same case with my Uncharted 3 online pass which is also a US disc and I did the same thing it worked and have access to the MP with my EU account.

Edit: Managed to download it now and can confirm the things I mentioned above also works.
    Last edited by RaveNScythE18; 10-31-2012 at 02:21 PM.

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

Death to zombies!!

I can confirm as i just tryed, my uplay passport that i downloaded from the EU store will work when playing on my US account. So im guessing it will work the other way round for you Chambers

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

Nope, nothing

Thanks very much for the responses

Quote Originally Posted by stupot00 View Post
    I can confirm as i just tryed, my uplay passport that i downloaded from the EU store will work when playing on my US account. So im guessing it will work the other way round for you Chambers
    Sweet, thanks a bunch, Stu

Lvl 3 - Bronze

While were on the topic of digital can someone answer my question; When I bought my game Tuesday I went ahead and bought the season pass, well, I redeemed the code and it activated, now does it automatically download the five DLCs to my PS3 or they come out or are they already on my system? Sorry if it's a dumb question, this is my first time buying a season pass. Also, if it helps I have a US account.

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by XxHuskiesMoonxX View Post
    While were on the topic of digital can someone answer my question; When I bought my game Tuesday I went ahead and bought the season pass, well, I redeemed the code and it activated, now does it automatically download the five DLCs to my PS3 or they come out or are they already on my system? Sorry if it's a dumb question, this is my first time buying a season pass. Also, if it helps I have a US account.
    I think you'll have to download the DLC from the store when it's released. It will just be "Free".