Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

AC3 Glitches

This is a discussion on AC3 Glitches within the Assassin's Creed III forum, part of the A; i think mines glitched or i dont know whats happening but with extraordinary man trophy i did all the scanning ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

i think mines glitched or i dont know whats happening but with extraordinary man trophy i did all the scanning on people and no trophy,everyone says 3/3 complete and some of them arent in my homested book thing upstairs,can anyone help?? davey might know?

You Know You Love Me

I think most people have had the problem with the Captain's mouth not moving, but the worst one I've had so far is when doing a Naval Mission, the game takes control away from you to show you some enemy ships, and then locks the camera in that position so you can't do anything. Just a simple checkpoint restart fixes it though, so not a problem really.

I'm yet to have any real problems with this game, and I'm about 33% through it, having done a lot of side quests and map exploration. Any other minor bugs simply make the game funnier

Update:
    Ok now its not so fun. Trying to infiltrate a fort atm. Found the perfect way to make it inside and kill the general all without being spotted. Only problem is as soon as I start, a guard literally appears out of nowhere, directly in front of me and spots me. I don't think its a bug, but rather an unfair game mechanic, and a shit one at that.
    Last edited by Faust; 11-04-2012 at 01:02 AM.

Let Me Watch

I was at a friend's house yesterday and watched him play for about 30 minutes and there were a LOT of bugs/glitches.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

PRO Member

I've seen the mouth's not moving on two occasions, invisible walls a few times and that's about it. I haven't really come across as many bugs as people say there are that's for sure and I've been playing since release. Oh, and the only other bug happened after fighting some patriots and Connor kept wielding and sheathing is tomahawk, it did look like he was jacking himself off and the guy he was interrogating, so more of a comical bug really that only lasted for about 20 seconds .

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'm not sure if this is a glitch or not but in sequence Eight when you have to cut off the guy your chasing (I can't remember his name at the moment I sit there and wait for him and when he passes I try to stop him but he doesn't stop. Is there a certain button I need to press to stop him?

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by XxHuskiesMoonxX View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a glitch or not but in sequence Eight when you have to cut off the guy your chasing (I can't remember his name at the moment I sit there and wait for him and when he passes I try to stop him but he doesn't stop. Is there a certain button I need to press to stop him?
    Is it Hickey? the guy your chasing and he's throwing money on the ground? If so just press O and tackle him and that'll end the sequence.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

This game is pretty glitchy and its sort of disappointing me. My friend said it froze in the middle of a cutscene and when he restarted it, the file was currupted and had to start all over again. Im scared of that. Theres nothing I hate more than having a game erased or even the last 20 mins frozen and not saved.

The redcoats dont chase me in forts, I get stuck in rocks, I dont kneel down automatically in tall grass when I need to, specifically in forts which is a piss me off'er, controls are funky.... sigh.

PRO Member

Seems like everyone has seen the captain's move not moving, I've had a few already like the ones you guys have said, but nothing important, just small things

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Glich Are Not Not Sure..But Doing The Liberation Missions In NY Iv'e Done All But One Problem In NY North Distract Says Talk To Your Liberation Contact Can't Find Em Iv'e Had No Major Problems With The Game But That Oh And Sometimes When Fighting The Animales The Buttons Don't Register :/ Brand New Controller 2 And One Navel Mission I had To Reload A Cheeck Point Cause It Didn't Register That I Had To Follow My Ally But Thats Probley The Biggest Probs I've Had Glich Are Not Idk

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyHasselhoff View Post
    Mine hasnt registered either....only that one
    I have something similar to that, but it's the fort on the Western side of New York that's not showing up for me.

I'm encountering a lot of visual glitches in the underground regions.

I've also had NPCs randomly disappear. Some of the fort commanders were gone so I had to restart the entire process from outside. It's best to just go through the front door.

Interactive conversations that were supposed to happen with people, but the location marks an empty spot.

Lots of other visual glitches with the game: floating objects, NPCs that fall through the floor, I've flown the Aquila (the entire ship did a forward flip and then a barrel roll before righting itself so I was upside down for some time)

Glitches with some missions that I have to start twice.

Bad audio synch issues.

Overall the game was very nicely done, if a little sloppy.
    If you don't go after the optional objectives then it flows quite well. Sometimes they're just infuriating, and really take the fun out of the experience.

An old-fashioned cowboy

Just a heads up there's a chance that the Encyclopedia of the Common Man trophy might glitch and apparently it's an issue that lots of people on both systems are having. So backup your saves regularly while going for that trophy.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Not ganna lie, the glitches are giving me a bad experience with this game. The controls and layout too

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I'm trying to do sequence 10 memory 1 using 2 as human shields 4 100%sync when i do the objective it freezes my ps3 have 2 do hard shut off i replay it and the same shit happends anybody else having trouble with the replays

Lvl 8 - Gold

I've encountered a few incredibly annoying glitches that forced me to restart the game:

- one of them prevented me from respawning after I died
    - after clearing a fort of enemies I picked up a gun powder keg to blow the ammo dump and as soon as I did the screen turned blue and all I could hear were seagulls
    - at the end of the game, I went to a city (don't know which one) and got that tutorial on those pivots. After trying to exit the map the game froze so I had to restart

These are just some of them. I'm not mentioning floating muskets, Connor glitching to the point that no weapons can be used or getting stuck with a weapon drawn out. This game is rushed and it shows.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

^ wow you got it bad. I only get little little glitches and no restarts. But, even then its enough to make a big impact of what I think of the game. The rush of the game show bigtime and its not as good as it could be.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I just started playing this and it's already really annoying me. First was the captain's mouth as mentioned before. I can deal with that but if you're going to do a close-up, get it right. Second, I had to climb to the crow's nest. I did but nothing happened. So I climbed back down. Then the arrow started pointing up again so I went back up. That triggered the cut-scene. Okay, not a deal breaker but annoying. The third one I've encountered so far was very annoying. During Infilrating South Gate, I somehow dropped my musket. Now, I'm supposed to shoot the powder kegs. Well, I can't because I don't have a musket. I can't even walk around to get one. I'm holding a pistol but I can't draw it. The only thing I can think to do is restart this sequence, which sucks because if I finish this, I'm on sequence 3.

Ghost Assassin

While playing the naval mission where rogue waves are introduced, a rogue wave caused the ship to go UPSIDE DOWN even though I ducked at the right time! Then I rammed into a a ship, sank it, failed an optional objective, before the ship started to turn right side up...all without taking damage Underground Boston has quite a few graphical glitches where a polygon is not colored/shaded and you can see random colors. Connor gets stuck while free running in the dumbest places and at the worst times. I can't think of anymore right now, but I know there were more. This is by far the most glitched AC game.

AKA ZeusDestroyer

I have encountered a large amount of glitches. The worst one was when I walked out of the underground the screen went completely white and the audio was going freaking crazy. Like seriously it sounded like my game had descended into hell. It scared the crap out of me. Anyway the way to fix this is just to restart the ps3.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Got this glitch:

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I ran into to a glitch during one of the naval missions where my boat did a full reverse barrel row (slowly) it reminded me of the scene from Pirate of the Caribbean where they flip the boat over and there under water. I also ran into the Encyclopedia of the Common Man Glitch.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast