Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

AC3 Glitches

This is a discussion on AC3 Glitches within the Assassin's Creed III forum, part of the A; I've seen a few animals get stuck in tress/rocks. The free-running can glitch out but I'm forgiving for that (you ...

> Restart Button <

I've seen a few animals get stuck in tress/rocks.

The free-running can glitch out but I'm forgiving for that (you try mapping out pathing for a giant forest).

I've started a couple cutscenes were the guards (unkown to me) were not all dead and they start attacking me while I'm talking to someone.

Most bugs in an AC game ever for the trade of the biggest AC game ever.
    Hmmmm, good trade IMO.

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 9 - Gold

I haven't run into any game-breaking bugs so far, mostly a few funny desyncs and some others that require leaving an area so it can reload. On several occasions, I've run into a Fort and just started killing Redcoats, including the General with the red dot on his head, but it doesn't register as him getting killed, and the red dot will just float in the air where his body is lying on the ground. If I run far away or fast travel away from the Fort then return, this is fixed. Also, I haven't run into the glitching issue with the ammo depot. I just go up to it and hit and it goes to an animation where I toss a lamp into it to set it on fire, then I have an 8-second timer to get out of blast radius.
    The weirdest glitches are when I somehow survived a fall into an area that I shouldn't have been in, and once I started to move around, it auto-killed my character and desynced, then loaded me in the nearest safe place. Another one was during the Aquila mission to the Temple, as I was trying to climb the stairs, it decided I made a weird jump and I fell through the stairs. I was stuck under there and couldn't get out, and as I moved around, I fell in-between the floor pieces at the base of the level and fell into nothingness for about 5 seconds before it desynced me.
    But I think the most annoying glitch I've come across is guards stuck inside trees near my sneaking path. I can't kill them, and they immediately spot me. Luckily I can just "Reload Last Checkpoint", but it's still annoying.
    Other funny ones I've seen are just random floating objects, which I've taken pictures of a few times, just to prove I saw them. There was a floating chair in a bar once, and it wasn't even upright. It was leaning backwards and a little to the side, like it was drunk.
    Another time I saw a female walking about 2 feet above the ground through an alley. As I watched her go passed me, she slowly started to lower towards the ground like she had been on an invisible platform. Weird~

INTJ

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Luckily I haven't seen big glitches yet. Only the captains mouth that doesn't move during sequence 2 and a floating rifle during sequence 3.
    Beside that the only thing that I have noticed was a weird coloring and texturing on some rocks on the homestead and some place in the Boston underground.

Fortunatly no game breaking glitches, so maybe I am lucky (so far :p) and it's a great game!

Live Life!

PRO Member

Now everytime I play this game I keep my camera close to record weird stuff, seems like the patch hasn't fixed them... I'll upload it when I put it all together

Lvl 8 - Gold

I ran into another one weeks ago. One of the fast travel points wouldn't show up even though I discovered it. Now it's stuck on 10/11.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

yes im encountering similer issues

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I have encountered a lot of minor glitches and since my ps3 isn't connected to the internet I can't get the patch. As long as they are minor I don't mind an occasional muskett floating in mid air. Some have been a pain like at the the beginning of southfort during a replay the msukett on the roof isn't loaded and it takes one of my ammo to fire it. Once the muskette wasn't on the roof so I just jumped down and killed everyone with my hidden blades.
    anyway the patch looks like a lot of fixes I hope I don't have any major ones.
    ah well stress reliefe is fun.
    I kissed a boy, and I liked it.
    (I can't wait to do it again.)

Lvl 7 - Gold

I started playing it after the patch was available and I still experience all kinds of bugs. Climbing loops, as if something is above me blocking my climb when there is nothing. I've gotten stuck in the environment several times. When riding a horse it gets stuck/ hung up on the most ridiculous things. When playing as Desmond I fell through unfinished game space and had to quit game. There are still plenty of issues with the game and it needs additional patches in my opinion.

All out of bubblegum.....

so, the fact that this is 2 pages already... should I continue to hold off on picking up this game? I really want to play it, but the bugs/issues i'm hearing is going to be a big factor....
    Trade your Games HERE!
    Scogg34's House of Splatter

Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by scoggs34 View Post
    so, the fact that this is 2 pages already... should I continue to hold off on picking up this game? I really want to play it, but the bugs/issues i'm hearing is going to be a big factor....
    Don't rush out and pay full price for it any time soon Scogg. That's my personal opinion. Like I said it needs some more attention. And if Ubisoft aren't going to do it than you should definitely wait until the price drops.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I already paid full price for it and I can't get the patch cause I'm not connected. So unless I can get a friend to let me down load the patch and put it on my system from their house I'm screwed. and not in a good way

Lvl 2 - Bronze

This game has more glitches than any game I have ever played. I got all 3 "pictures" of the farmers and it doesn't say I'm done, 3/3 but it won't acknowledge I have them. I have gotten stuck between trees and rocks and can't get out. Guns float in mid air. If you skip a cut scene I guarantee something will be different than it was if you played it through. Gaurds where they weren't before. Rifels not loaded that you need, yada yada...
    Animals AND guards get stuck and can't move. Makes for a real pain in the butt when a optional goal is to not be detected. It's still a great game. I'm going to see a friend will let me hook it up and get the patch but until I can take my game over there, hard to do dad is real strict on taking stuff over to a friends house cause I fotget stuff. Yea like I'd forget my ps3. Ok so I come home without my shirt sometimes, so I always get them back. anyway I still like the game.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I had a bunch of glitches as well to as watching a weird leg of a woman dead on the ground and me for the first time in AC did a back flip or front flip on the Aquila ship and that made my day :d

Retired Staff Member

How am I just now seeing this thread? The glitches in this game, even after two substantial patches, made the game damn near unplayable for me. Turned me off to the franchise.... (on top of the terrible writing).

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Haha. "It was consensual."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123