Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

AC3 Glitches

This is a discussion on AC3 Glitches within the Assassin's Creed III forum, part of the A; Has anyone else run into a number of glitches while playing? I've come across quite a few so far from ...

Lvl 5 - Silver

AC3 Glitches

Has anyone else run into a number of glitches while playing?

I've come across quite a few so far from the captains mouth on the first ship not moving, not a big deal but still something.
    When climbing some houses i get stuck in a loop occasionally for 10 or 15 seconds when im about to reach the roof, I keep climbing and dropping repeatedly over and over.
    I've fallen thru a rock and was in the water but underneath the rock so i couldnt get out.
    While swimming to your ship, the aquila, i saw achilles cane just randomly floating past me in mid-air.

These are just a few of the ones i've come across and remember. I'm only bringing it up to see if others are encountering similar issues.

Other then that the games pretty good.

Death to zombies!!

I have seen the captains mouth not moving but thats it so far. Not very far in yet so will most likely see more

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

Resident PHD

Well Ubisoft spent too much time creating Trailers and not enough time testing

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Trophy Guide Grand Master

I have actually encountered a fairly large game crash...not sure if its just mine, or what. Occasionally when liberating the forts, when you pick up an explosive barrel, and turn to face the Powder Room, the entire screen goes one solid color and the audio goes crazy. You can still pause the game and the screen is normal for that, but when you unpause it doesn't change back. If you leave the Animus, when it loads in present day as Desmond the entire screen is another color but you cant see anything. Quitting out to the main menu does nothing, first time I did that, it reloaded all fucked up and I was quite concerned I would have to start over.

To fix it, you have to completely exit the game, and completely reload it and it puts you back at the save point before all that happened. Fortunately Ive only noticed it during Fort attacks, but it has happened to me twice at two different Forts

Breakfast and Chill

Tried to vault a fence and got launched about 100 feet in the air. lols were had

Resident PHD

Now don't forget Skyrim was riddled with glitches and that won GOTY. A new precedent has been set, it doesn't matter how competent your game is as long as you have a lot of advertising dollars behind it.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyHasselhoff View Post
    I have actually encountered a fairly large game crash...not sure if its just mine, or what. Occasionally when liberating the forts, when you pick up an explosive barrel, and turn to face the Powder Room, the entire screen goes one solid color and the audio goes crazy. You can still pause the game and the screen is normal for that, but when you unpause it doesn't change back. If you leave the Animus, when it loads in present day as Desmond the entire screen is another color but you cant see anything. Quitting out to the main menu does nothing, first time I did that, it reloaded all fucked up and I was quite concerned I would have to start over.

To fix it, you have to completely exit the game, and completely reload it and it puts you back at the save point before all that happened. Fortunately Ive only noticed it during Fort attacks, but it has happened to me twice at two different Forts
    That's pretty messed up, i haven't encountered anything that serious luckily.

The only problem i've ran into with forts is one of the ones in boston didnt seem to register that i beat it like the other did. being able to fast travel there and having an icon on it on the map. I'll see what happens when i load the game again and see if it changes it at all.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I fell into a crappy glitch on the game. in sequence 6 in boston, im not sure of the name of the mission i know its after the angry chef but ur supposed to kill the templar leader on a wooden platform on the inner castle wall. all it says for the main objective is kill the templar leader and its in a red square shaped area on the map. ive restarted at the last checkpoint and killed the leader many ways and it doesnt do anything after i kill him. it just lets me roam around boston and collect pages and do the assassination missions but i cant fast travel or replay any missions, it says exclusive mission in progress. so can please anyone tell me if this is fixable cause i really dont want to have to restart unless thats my only choice

Trophy Guide Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hyro View Post
    That's pretty messed up, i haven't encountered anything that serious luckily.

The only problem i've ran into with forts is one of the ones in boston didnt seem to register that i beat it like the other did. being able to fast travel there and having an icon on it on the map. I'll see what happens when i load the game again and see if it changes it at all.
    Mine hasnt registered either....only that one

PRO Member

The captain's mouth thing happened to me. Occasionally random people will appear and disappear which is pretty strange The game did freeze on me once yesterday too

Sig by Bladia

PRO Member

Ok, so far...

1: Floating scarecrow. Base of the pole was about 4 feet off the floor.
    2: Clones. The first time you enter the underground with Sam Adams there was a second Sam Adams walking about in the cut scene
    3: Floor missing. A section of the underground tunnel floor was missing and had been replaced with a nasty multi coloured mess.
    4: Silly Horse. Horse outside a tavern was standing with its front hooves on the hitching post and it's back hooves in the feed trough.
    5: Sinking Deer. Encountered a deer trying to run away with its legs buried in the floor.

...and I haven't even got my assassin robes yet.

And is it just me, or have they got a new artist drawing Desmond now? He looks completely different.

Local Drunk

Only had the Captain mouth not moving but then again I'm only up to sequence 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardas View Post
    And is it just me, or have they got a new artist drawing Desmond now? He looks completely different.
    Nah it's not just you, I noticed that Desmond's face looks different.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Lvl 1 - Bronze

All kinds of glitches! Have to agree with dr_mayus there!

1. Captain's mouth doesn't move when he talks - not a game destroyer
    2. Various times that you are supposed to pick an item up, it won't let you (rifle on the roof to start an attack sequence was a BIG problem)
    3. Even though there is no line of sight, soldiers seem to pick up on your presence via ESP, not a deal breaker, but extremely annoying when you have to keep replaying a sequence to remain "undetected"
    4. Floating horse feet
    5. Not entering the promised "anonymity" when standing between two civilians
    6. Entering "X" to use a human shield when you are in front of a firing range does not currently work
    7. Tons of other small details that I can't even remember, they really should have tested this game before release!

Good luck everyone! Post whatever you find please!

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by sedwards3333 View Post
    All kinds of glitches! Have to agree with dr_mayus there!

1. Captain's mouth doesn't move when he talks - not a game destroyer
    2. Various times that you are supposed to pick an item up, it won't let you (rifle on the roof to start an attack sequence was a BIG problem)
    3. Even though there is no line of sight, soldiers seem to pick up on your presence via ESP, not a deal breaker, but extremely annoying when you have to keep replaying a sequence to remain "undetected"
    4. Floating horse feet
    5. Not entering the promised "anonymity" when standing between two civilians
    6. Entering "X" to use a human shield when you are in front of a firing range does not currently work
    7. Tons of other small details that I can't even remember, they really should have tested this game before release!

Good luck everyone! Post whatever you find please!
    I forgot about that one.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Map isn't quite right either. I am currently picking the lock of a treasure chest and the map says I'm 2 meters away - awesome! That's one long set of lock pickers that I have!

Lvl 7 - Gold

Examined a hunting clue, couldn't move afterwards. Was stuck in a falling animation despite me being on my feet. Had to completely exit the game to fix. The game is still awesome and a few nights ago, I read this on my screen. "You're in the top 1% of overall kills." It pays to get the game four days early.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyHasselhoff View Post
    Mine hasnt registered either....only that one
    I'm thinking its just that one then because all the forts in the wilderness have fast travel.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

I'm just gonna wait a few days or weeks til they fix some of these issues because the game keeps skipping when auto saving
    And some missions are freezing up my game and I'm only on seq 2
    I'll try mp tomorrow and see how that goes
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

PRO Member

Not necessarily a technical glitch, but if you haven't progressed to the end of Sequence 3, don't read Ziio's bio. It basically ruins the 'surprise'.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I haven't experienced any major glitches except for the non-moving mouth and the deer stuck in the ground.
    Let's not forget that the game is only on Version 1.01 so they'll likely be coming out with software updates for the game soon. It might not be the fact that they didn't spend enough time testing, it could just be that the testers don't always tag what they come across or perhaps these glitches are a post-testing phase problem. They'll get fixed though, don't worry.
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" -Epicurus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast