Significance of the Shard of Eden?

This is a discussion on Significance of the Shard of Eden? within the Assassin's Creed III forum, part of the A; What's the point of it? I saw what it did to the guys flask after I received it and I ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Significance of the Shard of Eden?

What's the point of it? I saw what it did to the guys flask after I received it and I heard him say something about it bending a musket ball's path because it has some metal deflection properties. So I tested it on some guards to see if maybe their swords wouldn't connect and they still did. Is the shard only good for musket balls or is it basically useless?
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" -Epicurus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lvl 5 - Silver

Yea only musket balls it seems. I saw the balls actually get deflected off of me and an orangeish shield put up around me. I dunno if thats a glitch or something that isnt supposed to be rendered because i've never saw it again but yea just basically makes it harder for bullets to hit you. It seems to work i guess, i definitely seemed to get hit less when being fired at or so it seemed.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Yeah I've seen it as well a few times. Especially on the firing lines. Some hit and some don't. I think it depends with the range as well, obviously the farther you are the more chance you have of not getting shot.
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" -Epicurus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------