Animus Synching (Possible Spoilers)

This is a discussion on Animus Synching (Possible Spoilers) within the Assassin's Creed III forum, part of the A; After completing the game, you get the pivot challenge to do Ive just completed this challenge and wondered what the ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Animus Synching (Possible Spoilers)

After completing the game, you get the pivot challenge to do
    Ive just completed this challenge and wondered what the hell it is even for
    If anyone knows please tell as im curious as to know what the cloud is

Lvl 3 - Bronze

As to what the purpose of this "cloud" is, I'm not entirely sure. But I do know that with each pivot you find you get a hack, or rather, a cheat, for the animus. You can change the weather, the season, your vulnerability to damage, disable reload time, make your ammo limited, etc. As far as activating a hack disabling trophies goes, I don't know that either. I'm a little weary to find out. The only one I'd really like to use is the season changer, I like winter a lot better. I'm just going to get a mission away from completing all the privateer missions or naval missions, turn on a hack and do the mission then see what happens. Perhaps you could do the same.

Edit - Here, try this. http://www.ign.com/wikis/assassins-creed-3/Pivot_Points
    It tells you about the pivot points a little more. Saving is disabled with the hacks enabled. And the "cloud" is actually a legitimate syncing process with the game. Based on where you planted your pivots to find the last one depends where other people will find their pivots. Basically, after you sync up when you find the last one, you'll obviously still have pivots placed in the game. After the syncing with the "cloud", the pivots you had placed will be the locations of the pivots other players need to find. Had I known this, I would have been a sick bastard and made them hard to find.
    But I hope that helped.
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" -Epicurus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lvl 1 - Bronze

that seems to have cleared things up
    and yeah you could just be a bastard and out them in hard to reach places haha

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The Cloud

The Cloud is the Abstergo network, meaning that playing as Connor after Desmond dies (or gets knocked unconscious, whatever your take on it is) means you're playing as an Abstergo worker attempting to get Connor's - and probably Desmond's and his other ancestor's - DNA for the templars, eventually succeeding in that when you connect to the Cloud.