Cant find this stupid animal

This is a discussion on Cant find this stupid animal within the Assassin's Creed III forum, part of the A; Hey guys, i have been looking for this stupid bobcat in Green Piece Hills for like 2 hours now and ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Cant find this stupid animal

Hey guys, i have been looking for this stupid bobcat in Green Piece Hills for like 2 hours now and i cant find it. I dont know whether i have bad looking skills or something but its the last animal i need to complete the map and get the trophy. I would just like the whereabouts if thats possible. Thanks

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I tend to find animals like cougar, bears, and bobcats in the out of the way places. Try going to the higher up points of that area such as hills and mountains. Another thing that might determine what animals you see is the time of day. I only seemed to find bobcats and wolves at night, hopefully someone can confirm that you don't need to wait till a certain time of day. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful but it looks like it animal appearances are somewhat random

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by hellhound403 View Post
    I tend to find animals like cougar, bears, and bobcats in the out of the way places. Try going to the higher up points of that area such as hills and mountains. Another thing that might determine what animals you see is the time of day. I only seemed to find bobcats and wolves at night, hopefully someone can confirm that you don't need to wait till a certain time of day. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful but it looks like it animal appearances are somewhat random
    I can confirm that the bobcat and the wolf can be found in the day time because ive found bobcats in packanak and wolves pretty much everywhere in the day time. Its just this one animal in this one area that seems to not appear wherever i go. The higher up part of Green Piece hills are infested with wolves. I'm so frustrated from the searching its annoying lol

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Ok, ive found the bobcat by looking in an area ive already searched again. But for some weird reason i havent completed the challenge for completing the map. I have gone over everything and its says i have hunted all the animals. Maybe its a glitch?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

have you hunted everything in the homestead

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by bladesteele View Post
    have you hunted everything in the homestead
    I should have. I have wolf, hare, deer, cougar, raccoon and elk. I keep killing the beaver but it wont add it to my hunting map. Is this a glitch or is there another animal i need?
    Last edited by Parkour Freak; 11-05-2012 at 09:37 PM. Reason: spelling

Lvl 2 - Bronze

You don't actually need to KILL an animal...if you find a clue and analyze it, it WILL count as it means you have "found" the animal. Maybe that saves you some time...