Privateer Mission help - Orpheus

This is a discussion on Privateer Mission help - Orpheus within the Assassin's Creed III forum, part of the A; I seem to be having trouble with syncing 100% on this mission. It's the one where you start out by ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Privateer Mission help - Orpheus

I seem to be having trouble with syncing 100% on this mission. It's the one where you start out by destroying the smaller ships to lure out the Orpheus, then you have to destroy each of the three ships by shooting their weak spots with the swivel cannons.
    I'm having an issue with exposing them. I've managed to do 2/3 but only by luck as I haven't figured out how to expose them every time. I use fireshot for the first broadside on each ship then use the round shot from there on out to try and expose their weak spots. The problem is I can see a ship is badly damaged, I go to broadside it to expose the weak point but the broadside either destroys the ship or reveals the weak spot for a split second then destroys the ship anyway.
    Can anyone offer some advice for a surefire method to exposing the weak spots in this particular mission?
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" -Epicurus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lvl 5 - Silver

There really is no sure fire way to do this one. I had a hard time myself doing it. the best advice i can give you is try to stay at a distance from the ships and aim for the front of the ship. Also dont broadside them and only use round shot. wait for your cannon shot to concentrate, basically when your further away wait for the white part to come closer together and again only aim for the front of the ships. preferably only shoot when they are sailing directly towards you to limit the chance of sinking them and hitting them in the most critical spot.

It seemed mostly like luck but i got it eventually doing these methods.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'll give that a go. I started using the chain shot on them to make them stop moving so I guess I can keep doing that and just sail in front of them. Thanks.
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" -Epicurus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Hunter Kid!

the easist way to finish this mission is by buying the UPGRADE of the AQUILA that does more melee damege, then shoot chain shoot to all 3 ships, and for last, impact them whit FULL SALE in FRONT of them. That will definitely give you the chance to shoot them in their weak point. XD

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I have all upgrades for the Aquila and I didn't think about ramming them. I've been too afraid of destroying them with it haha

Lvl 2 - Bronze

The way I did it was that I first, fully upgraded the Aquila, then when doing the mission, I did ram into them, but what I did was that I slowed down just before I hit them then the weak spot was exposed for a a pretty small period of time, but just enough for you to shoot at it. If you miss, it blows up lol. But it'll take a few times, that's for sure. I probably tried at least 20 times before figuring this out, then after I did, it took about 5 tries.
    MEME FTW!