Assassins Creed III in 3D , any thoughts ?

This is a discussion on Assassins Creed III in 3D , any thoughts ? within the Assassin's Creed III forum, part of the A; Have been getting some really encouraging games in 3D lately and the future of the technology looks here to stay ...

Rangers F.C

Assassins Creed III in 3D , any thoughts ?

Have been getting some really encouraging games in 3D lately and the future of the technology looks here to stay , what do you think of the 3D in this game , good , great , poor , or just not interested ?
    I have just finished playing the Doom 3 BFG edition in 3D and it was fantastic and totally improved the games immersion with no colour wash and no loss of sharpness but IMO AC3 is poor very poor , sure the 3D affect is good and adds very good depth but at what price ? there is a strange jaggy line around your character and the sharpness of the picture is drastically reduced and the colour is at best half decent . With the 3D not to my liking in this game I have disabled it . What about you guys ?

P.S I am loving the game so far
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

PRO Member

I haven't played it in 3D, but my brother has and says it looks good. I'm still not into 3D games and movies, I'm waiting a few more years until they make it really good

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    I haven't played it in 3D, but my brother has and says it looks good. I'm still not into 3D games and movies, I'm waiting a few more years until they make it really good
    of course with any tech it only gets better with time but the time to enjoy 3D is now. there are a lot of great 3D games and movies out there and with the right tv it's very enjoyable.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

PRO Member

I love to play games in 3D mode is an extra by far all the 3d games I've played was awesome I may try AC3 in the future

Rangers F.C

Why are movies so much better ? obviously it is 1080p but the games look great in 720p without 3D but when you play a game in 3D and its on 720p what causes the loss of sharpness in some games , is it because the PS3 has not got the juice to run two pictures at 720p at the same time ?
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

PRO Member

I personally can't stand 3d anything it still is too fuzzy and never as clear as they make it out to be.. unless you have a 5 grand setup. Once this technology gets refined it could be something cool in the future

True Templar

i tried it and was very impressed. however i found the chasing of almanac pages more annoying in 3D, but maybe it was just me

Assassin's Creed II - Assassin's Creed: Liberation HD - Heavy Rain - L.A. Noire -
    Red Dead Redemption - Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Didnt care too much for ac3 in 3d, not that its bad but i personally think 3d is best for fps games. Resistance 3 in 3d was pretty badass. Still i normally game in 2d to avoid headaches caused by prolonged viewing in 3d.