Morris and Fanorona Games Strategy

This is a discussion on Morris and Fanorona Games Strategy within the Assassin's Creed III forum, part of the A; Have you been trouble beating those annoying CPU opponents? Lost almost all your in-game cash to them? Want to finally ...

Ghost Assassin

Morris and Fanorona Games Strategy

Have you been trouble beating those annoying CPU opponents? Lost almost all your in-game cash to them? Want to finally beat in one try without having to think? Well, I kind of had a stroke of genius as to how you can beat Fanorona and any of the Morris games, but it involves a bit of cheating.

What you do is this:

1)Download or google an app that allows you to play Nine Men's Morris (Or six men's or twelve, whatever version you're playing) or fanorona.
    2)Open the app.*
    3)Let the computer go first in AC3.
    4)Record the AC3 CPU's move into the app.
    5)Put the app CPU's move as your move in AC3.
    6)Repeat Steps 4-5 as necessary.
    7)????????
    8)PROFIT!!!**

*Make sure the opponent setting is as high as possible
    **If you somehow lose, then press start and quit to the menu to not lose your money

Basically, you're playing computer versus computer. I won Nine Men's Morris the first time I tried it. Let me know if it worked for you too.

Edit: It might be hard for you to find a online fanorona game online, though I managed to find an android app for it (One crappy iphone app was found, but I lost with it). Nine men's morris games are plentiful.
    Last edited by Danko1900; 11-10-2012 at 09:48 PM.

Bringing the PAIN

Wait... Someone actually lost all their money at these games???

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by NOFORPAIN View Post
    Wait... Someone actually lost all their money at these games???
    Heh i thought the same thing.

I had trouble doing both these games and ended up spending more time then i'd imagined trying to beat them. eventually though you should be able to beat them with enough practice and a little bit of luck. its a good idea tho for anyone who has yet to beat it

Bringing the PAIN

Fanorona maybe... But 9MM? That shit should take you no more than 8 tries honestly, it is just a matter of using a lockout tactic. I used that game to win $500 from games for the challenge. Won 5/7 doing that and it was 2am so I can say not paying attention was to blame for at least 1 loss...

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

The Old Guy

If anyone actually has a nine men's game they used for this trick I'd love to know what it is. I've tried three different mobile apps and an online game now and none of them are smart enough to work. This game is an EFFING JOKE.

You Know You Love Me

Lol Fanorona is my favourite. Once you learn the basics its impossible to lose. Played 5 games straight to finish off the Thieves challenges.
    If you're really having trouble, though, just watch the vids included in the trophy guide. They provide some good hints.

> Restart Button <

I'm going to try to learn these games and beat them my own but if it becomes some crazy hassle to beat Achilles Fanorona then I will try this. Thank you.

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

Thanks for the tips, Fanorona is not my thing

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ONUOsFan View Post
    If anyone actually has a nine men's game they used for this trick I'd love to know what it is. I've tried three different mobile apps and an online game now and none of them are smart enough to work. This game is an EFFING JOKE.
    same, i've tried various apps and they've all failed, anyone know a good app?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by canadian94eh View Post
    same, i've tried various apps and they've all failed, anyone know a good app?
    Nine Mens Morris Web Game Select level 7. That's a god-like tier, winning every single match against AC3 opponent. Made my thieves challenge (win 500 in games) using this app and playing morris.

The decent fanorona app is this one Fanorona at Boardspace.net Lost the first match in the end, but won the second with huge advantage.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Renytenz View Post
    Nine Mens Morris Web Game Select level 7. That's a god-like tier, winning every single match against AC3 opponent. Made my thieves challenge (win 500 in games) using this app and playing morris.

How am I supposed to set it up, the interface is confusing. I tried quite a few times and it doesn't work, probably I'm doing something wrong.
    >>>All the fun, none of the bull... Kam11ru's Trophy Checklist<<<

Retired from playing on PS3 (since Dec 2013) due to broken console and lack of funds to fix it.
    UPDATE October 2014 - Temporarily back on PS3

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Kam11ru View Post
    How am I supposed to set it up, the interface is confusing. I tried quite a few times and it doesn't work, probably I'm doing something wrong.
    It's using Java. You need to have it installed. Then allow it in the browser when you open this web page. On the left there are numbers from I to VII, which correspond to difficulty level. Select VII and make the move as your opponent in AC makes it.