Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ACIII - Want more captaining the ship , or even a whole new game .

This is a discussion on ACIII - Want more captaining the ship , or even a whole new game . within the Assassin's Creed III forum, part of the A; After playing the parts of the game when you captain the ship and really enjoying it would love to see ...

Rangers F.C

ACIII - Want more captaining the ship , or even a whole new game .

After playing the parts of the game when you captain the ship and really enjoying it would love to see more of this , if not from AC then possibly even a whole new game devoted to this , something kind of like a GTA of the sea . What do you guys think ? do you guys love the open sea ? not bothered by it ? or even got a great idea about it .

Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

AKA ZeusDestroyer

Pirate's Creed. 'Nuff said
    Awesome avatar and sig by DaRe_xLw

On March 12. We must ascend.

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by SocialDestroyer View Post
    Sounds interesting

Lvl 2 - Bronze

hell YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope, nothing

I've been wanting an awesome Pirate game to come out for years, playing the navel missions in AC3 just made me want one more

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    I've been wanting an awesome Pirate game to come out for years, playing the navel missions in AC3 just made me want one more
    Yeah I agree , its actually strange that this genre has not been done hopefully with the success of ACIII this will make a developer bring us what we want

PRO Member

One of the best things in ACIII, I absolutely loved them. Not sure about a game based only on that, but I sure want more

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Yeah I agree , its actually strange that this genre has not been done hopefully with the success of ACIII this will make a developer bring us what we want
    It's definitely been tried, just failed

And yeah me too, I'm pretty sure someone will see it and get ideas. Maybe even Ubisoft will build upon that same engine and make one

illegal in 9 countries

Here's your pirate game benchmark - Sid Meier's Pirates! - GameSpot.com

The genre is overdue for a new champion.

Kid, not loser

Like Anit1 said, Sid Meirer's is a fairly popular game. Would be nice if they came out with a new one. I'm one who always wanted a One Piece RPG game, mmo even, but that's doubtful to happen. Not the dynasty warriors one piece that came out.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

oddly enough there was a pirates game on ps2 which had very similar combat mechanics legend of black cat it was not a bad game either

Retired Staff Member

Yeah honestly, I thought the ship missions were the best part of the game. Certainly had the least amount of glitches, and they just felt epic.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Agreed 100%. I was just playing it and was having tons of fun, one of the best parts

Local Drunk

Naval missions in ACIII are and I'd be all for a pirate game or some sort of seafaring adventure game, could be good.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

PRO Member

This was certainly one of the more enjoyable parts of AC3, other than trying to destroy ships by blowing up their powder stores, that is.

Ice Cream Firefighter

Quote Originally Posted by MatCauthon View Post
    This was certainly one of the more enjoyable parts of AC3, other than trying to destroy ships by blowing up their powder stores, that is.
    Man that's was easy all you had to do was either ram them almost head on or leave yourself vulnerable & stop dead in their way so they will ram you from the side & fire your cannons directly at the front of them just before they hit.

I managed to defeat the Leviathan with 0% upgrades on th Aquila but it was a giant pain in the ass.

But back on topic I would also like to see a bit more of these naval missions but with no optional objectives but more of a wave style system I think that would be awesome & they could even have a leaderboard category for longest naval survival.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I find myself replaying naval missions they are EPIC!!!! When the storm comes it's even better, the sea animations, the waves, it's just fantastic. It's one of the best parts of ACIII no doubt and I think it's only thing keeping me tied with the game right now. If they made naval battles online, it would make more people play the game.

I would love to see a game fully dedicated to naval battles, ships, pirates. It would be awesome, just imagine a GTA style but in the sea, you could build your own ship, design your flag, decide if you are a pirate or king's man, upgrade your ship, have a fleet, then of course, sea battles, treasure hunts, cursed ships and treasures. In my opinion it's something that has amazing potential and there aren't many seeing it has one, if Ubisoft or even Rockstar picked this up it would be epic.
    Awesome Sig By Apokolypz

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The thing about the naval missions is that they are very simple. If there was a game centered 100% around naval battles, they would probably have to deepen the experience like having to pay for repairs, and pillaging EVERY boat that you encounter, which basically leads to no more total wanton destruction, but disabling every ship, looting, and then getting back on board The Aquila, then repeating again. It would be tedious after a while.

It's best to leave these kinds of games as it lies in AC3, which is a component of the entire story, and not a completely deep experience.

Having said that. I'd be all for a DLC pack that was all about naval battles, or an option to sail the seas just to destroy randomly encountered naval ships. There's nothing cooler than to unleash a broadside on an enemy vessel and watching it explode. It's like a series of small booms which lead to a big boom.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by SocialDestroyer View Post
    Nailed it.
    Avy created by Beam and kid420247

Angel of Death

Meh, I hated the Naval missions to be honest. They were boring, and were more of a chore than anything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast