Farmers not going to the encyclopedia

This is a discussion on Farmers not going to the encyclopedia within the Assassin's Creed III forum, part of the A; I have recorded 3 scannable events for all of my workers. The farmers says I have 3/3 and the circle ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Farmers not going to the encyclopedia

I have recorded 3 scannable events for all of my workers. The farmers says I have 3/3 and the circle is filled in but they were never "updated" to my encyclopedia. I have gone back and recorded additional tasks, it always says I have 3/3 but it never updates.
    Is it a glitch anyone else has encountered, and is there a secret to fix it?
    It's the only thing keeping me from that trophey and it doesn't looke like it's going to let me get it in this play through. Any suggestions, other than down load the patch becaus I can't do that at this time.
    I kissed a boy, and I liked it.
    (I can't wait to do it again.)

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I have done this for the farmers. I have recorded them plowing a field, making butter, feeding the chickens, shoveling hay, and some things not even listed like they are out checking crops, I know I have sucessfully recorded them doing at least 5 or 6 different things that it actually said "recorded" not already scanned and not invalid targett, I got plenty of that too, but every time I get them doing something new it says 3/3 events recorded. It still will not put them in the encyclopedia, and the trophy will not unlock. I have all the others finished and they are in the book, but it will not give me credit for the farmers even though the game it'self tells me I have recored 3 events.
    Does anybody know if there is something I'm missing on this? I have looked at the trophey guide, which is very easy to flollow and quite informative by the way. Thank you to who ever did that. It's great. The issue is either there is something else I have to do first for some reason or it's a glitch.
    Does anybody know which it is?

Ice Cream Firefighter

I'm going to go with that it's a glitch mate & it seems that different copies of the game have different glitches, go to Ubisoft Support & put a ticket in explaining the problem to them.

They may or may not help you with it. When I contacted them all they gave me was a temporary user submitted answer instead of actually fixing the problem & told me they don't have any intention to fix it anytime soon (I can't play MP at all)

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

PRO Member

This is why I waited till last to do these. Moved my save up to the cloud and started them. This way if it screwed me I could just delete ps3 save and move other back down and try again. I had zero issue with it though except it game me the farmers update after only scanning 2 activities.

The pivots on the other hand, tried to screw me. It would say "0 to find" and "0 to plant" in all the areas and wouldn't discover any at the 15m mark. I tried the different user signed into uplay method but it wasn't working for me. So, I looked around and found that if you delete friends list to under 50 it will fix it. Deleted almost 50 people and it worked.

@OP- you can try to contact them but like GDT said their priorities aren't the trophies. So, don't expect an immediate fix. Or you could do everything but that and start a new game, play up to seq 8 or 9. Do a cloud save like I did and try again. Sorry man, this game is glitchtastic
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Thanks, at least I know it's not something I missed some place and that's something. Contacting ubsoft is like asking Obama to care about me when I can't even vote yet.
    They be soft all right, soft on customer service. It's like "we have you money already what good are now?"
    I think they have some thing else that's soft and that's why they are always cranky.

> Restart Button <

Submitting a ticket to Ubisoft hasn't worked for 3 years on anything. They usually close the ticket pretty quickly like there isn't a problem. Sadly you may need to start from scratch which is BS. Maybe wait until you can get online and get patches? I do understand though not being able to hook up your PS3 to the net and that's why games should work on release day and not a few weeks later.

I didn't have a problem with the encyclopedia like this. That really sucks.

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Well I finally got to take my PS3 to a friends house and down loaded the patch. It gave me the trophy and updated the encyclopedia as soon as I started the game after that. I just started a 2nd game, just arrived in Boston so I'm not sure what elses is different yet but I hope I don't have the issues I had the first time.
    What sucked is while I was on I was going to make a soney account and upload all my trophies and attach my user name to this account so I could see how I stand against some of you guys but my luck held out and Soney's sight was down for construction. It said it was supposed to be done on the 17th and I was on on the 18th but it was still down.
    My friend and I had hoped to go on and play a few games cause he has an xbox not a ps, but we couldn't do it.
    Well we found some other stuff to do that was more fun anyway but I won't go into that.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    Well I finally got to take my PS3 to a friends house and down loaded the patch. It gave me the trophy and updated the encyclopedia as soon as I started the game after that.

So when u went online you got the trophy for the encyclopedia? this trophy has been doing my head in and i didn't realise it was glitched.

Every man falls, The just man rises!
    Currently playing Killzone Shadow Fall, Monopoly Deal and WWE 2K16.

Mini Ninja

I don't think it's glitched any more. Gordon's post was back in January, so the patch should have fixed this issue by now. I had no problems with this trophy when I completed the encyclopedia a few weeks ago.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by wick3d_turtle View Post
    I don't think it's glitched any more. Gordon's post was back in January, so the patch should have fixed this issue by now. I had no problems with this trophy when I completed the encyclopedia a few weeks ago.
    This glitch has not been fixed by any patch. This is just poor customer service by Ubisoft. Their philosophy is if it doesn't affect everyone, it's not worth fixing. I had a similar problem with a trophy glitch that I had to work around myself (after months of sending in tickets to UBi customer support).

Mini Ninja

According to this article, the Encyclopedia of the Common Man glitch was (supposedly) fixed.

Assassin’s Creed 3 Patch Coming Next Week | Video Game Blog, Video Games Reviews & News

However, I think people who completed that mission and glitched prior to getting the patch may still have issues.